good place to buy digital camera?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 02:25 PM

Car Info: PSM WRX
good place to buy digital camera?

i wanted to purchase a digital camera so i can take pictures when ever and where ever and upload them on websites and stuff, and i was wondering where is a good place to buy a digital camera for cheap price... i am looking into buying sony cybershot 20u (?) or canon powershot elph since portabilty comes before quality in my case... your expert advice will be appreciated~~ ^^
Old 05-27-2003, 02:30 PM

http://www.ritzcamera.com/

dunno if they are the dirt cheapest out there, but they always ship pretty quick and have the stuff in stock. i think right now they give free shipping and no sales tax as well
Old 05-27-2003, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Jae I bought my Sony digi cam at Best Buy. It was like $400 but now they are around $320 or so. It's a 3.2 megapixel one that does video with sound. It says 30 second clips, but if you have a bigger memory card it takes longer video. The longest so far is about 2 minutes with a 128meg memory stick. I mainly bought it since I have a Sony MP3 that uses memory sticks and I had 2 128 sticks at home. But it's a sweet little camera.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:55 PM

If you don't mind waiting a while to get your camera, it's probably cheapest to order the camera off of Dell. They always have some sort of promo going, I think right now they have like 10% off plus an additional $30 off and 15% off memory. Just look up one of those deal websites to find out how to get all the discounts.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:56 PM

jae, i have a nikon coolpix 2500 at home. its brand new. i can bring it to kk tonite if u wanna see it.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:59 PM

I recently purchased a DVcam from B&H camera and buydig.com
www.bhphotovideo.com
www.buydig.com

A good source to compare prices once you nailed down your choice would be www9.dealtime.com

bill
Old 05-27-2003, 03:30 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
Sup Jae. If you want a good small cam, the Sony cybershot series is pretty small, takes good pix, and is pretty affordable based on the megapixel of the cam. Canon also makes some good digicams.

First, check out:
Digital Photography Review - This site has reviews on all the cameras out on the market. It also has photo galleries of most of the cams.

Then go here:
Deal Time - This site has the cheapest prices for pretty much everything non-computer related. You can try e-bay, but make sure that it's brand new and shipping is decent. That's the one thing about e-bay that I hate. Prices may be good, but they try to jack you on shipping.

Good luck man and lemme know if you need any help pickin one out.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:29 PM

thanks for all the replies... cool website~~ i found sony cybershot u20 for $210 shipped.. which is very nice price for that camera... that seems like the camera i will get b/c i can take the camera everywhere~!! but... i need to buy memory card... and they are expensive.. -_-;; well thank you all for your inputs ^^ you might see me taking pictures of some random stuff and putting it up here.. kekek

joe, how big is coolpix2500??
Old 05-27-2003, 06:08 PM

jae,

i will bring it to kk tonite. u gonna be there?
Old 05-27-2003, 07:00 PM

sony cybershot that's what I have!! excellent camera.

how come only koreans laugh like "kkekekkeek"??

kekekekek~!
Old 05-28-2003, 10:11 AM

hey joe~ i was there at uckk, but didn't see ya there... -_-;;

hey david~!! long time no see... ya i think i am gonna go with sony cybershot... so... i hear that you have a lot of mods on your car now.. keke i can't wait to check it out at mt. hammy meet~~~ see you then~~
Old 05-28-2003, 10:31 AM

jae...i didnt make it. sorry man. but if u still wanna check out the camera, lemme know. i have no use for it at all.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:02 PM

cool.. i'll take a look at it ^^ but how much are you selling it for? do you have the software, the usb connector, and charger right? and when do you have time to meet up?
Old 05-28-2003, 01:34 PM

we can talk about the price after u look at it. its brand new in the box with everything. i only opened it to see what was included and there is a lot of stuff.

im off tomorrow and ill be at gb getting my car worked on if u wanna meet me there. ill be there like 1 or so.

Quick Reply: good place to buy digital camera?