Good Pho place?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 11:49 AM

Car Info: '08 FXT - VF43'd
They just opened a new one in Fremont call Pho Miss Saigon that is pretty good. Comparable to Pho Y #1 (my favorite) in San Jose. Pho Pasteur in Union City off of Alvarado isn't half bad either. I rate my Pho based off the flavor of the soup, and lack of fat in the soup.

If you like Chicken Pho, Pho Ga An Nam off of Story is awesome too.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:08 PM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
I was gonna say, all this talk about bay area pho and San Jose isn't mentioned?
Old 09-18-2009, 12:40 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
The better bowls of pho I've had was at Pho Bang in San Jose. Even though I really like pho, I've only had it at one place where I'm like, "this is really good". I haven't been to many great places at all, which is weird. I should try Red Chili in Hayward next time.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:46 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think Pho Ga An Nam and Pho Pasteur are my first stops since one is closest to me and I love chicken pho (I'm white, I can't help it). But it sounds to me like San Jose is a pretty sure thing when it comes to good pho so I will try all of them eventually.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:10 PM
cal

Car Info: 03
Originally Posted by flukewrx
The best Pho place that I've tried so far seems to be Pho Kim Long down in Milpitas. When going down 880, you exit towards The Great Mall, but head a few more lights past The Great Mall and you will see it in a shopping complex on the left.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-21632059...-long-san-jose
Agreed. This was probably some of the best pho I've had. Meat was very tender mmm...
Old 09-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
Originally Posted by finch1750
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think Pho Ga An Nam and Pho Pasteur are my first stops since one is closest to me and I love chicken pho (I'm white, I can't help it). But it sounds to me like San Jose is a pretty sure thing when it comes to good pho so I will try all of them eventually.
It all depends on what kind of pho you're looking to get.. It varies honestly.. Some places make their Pho a little bit differently and of course it comes down to.. do you like beef or chicken?

If you like beef, I'd recommend Pho Nam in Milpitas. The soup is flavorful, and so far I've found this place to be one of the few places that actually gives you the proper fresh greens you're suppose to get with a bowl of pho.

Pho Kim Long in Milpitas is definitely a great place to eat at when it comes to the Pho Ga (chicken). Their Pho Ga is really good here but the only thing I wish they had were the fresh greens that are suppose to go with Pho, other than that, it's all GOOD.

But if you are ever in the mood for rice plates, I HIGHLY recommend Pho Tau Bay off of Hostetter for their Com Ga Hai Nam (chicken rice plates). The chicken is VERY good, but it's not the typical chicken but I promise you it's a billion times better.

When it comes down to it, of course my favorite is my mom's pho. She's an awesome cook and she makes pho better than all of the places I've ever been to, as well as any vietnamese dishes. Not being biased, just being honest. trust me, ask anyone who's tried my mama's dishes

Good luck finding a good pho place, try out the places I've mentioned, their not too far off.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:53 PM

Car Info: Car
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
go to ao sen in oakland.
That is the best place in Oakland that I have found. Saturday and Sunday mornings Vietnamese families wait in a queue to be seated. Their rice plates are quite good as well.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:00 PM

Car Info: 96 gm(sold), 98 bk, 02 sf
I like Beef Noodle # 1 on capitol expressway and silver creek, it's next to the boiling crab
Old 09-18-2009, 05:12 PM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
all this pho talk got me all hungry. i'm going to get some pho around 7 at pho kim long. any iclubbers gonna be getting some pho? haha

Originally Posted by y0ungsubi3
I like Beef Noodle # 1 on capitol expressway and silver creek, it's next to the boiling crab
mmmm the boiling crab... i love that place.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:51 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by Oh 4 panda
When it comes down to it, of course my favorite is my mom's pho. She's an awesome cook and she makes pho better than all of the places I've ever been to, as well as any vietnamese dishes. Not being biased, just being honest. trust me, ask anyone who's tried my mama's dishes
My friend says his likes his mom's pho better than any pho place he's ever eaten at. Pho and Indian food are the two things my friends seem to favor their mom's cooking over some restaurant. Too bad I can't say the same for my mom's cooking with Chinese food. >_>
Old 09-18-2009, 07:52 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by Hollandaze
My friend says his likes his mom's pho better than any pho place he's ever eaten at. Pho and Indian food are the two things my friends seem to favor their mom's cooking over some restaurant. Too bad I can't say the same for my mom's cooking with Chinese food. >_>
Well if you are going to bring Indian in to it, then Shalimar is the best Indian food place I've been to.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/shalimar-restaurant-fremont

They have a few other places that were opened as spin-off restaurants as well.

Like Pakwan

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pakwan-fremont

There definitely are a couple of Pho places listed in this thread that I'm gonna have to try at some point.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:47 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
a lot of these Pho places I gotta try as well
Old 09-18-2009, 10:18 PM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
All these are in San Jose:

Pho Y is on Capitol same shopping center as Nickel City. They put hella meat in the bowl, or on the side. Your choice.

Pho 54 on Alum Rock near OSH. There is always a line there on the weekends. And the French Iced Coffee is bomb after a night of drinking.

Da Lat on Williams by San Jose State. Best sea food noodle bowl and the try the Fried Hen. Best I have ever had.

And I go to Pho Quyen in Mountain View all the time. The Pho and Bun' are excellent.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX Sedan
http://www.yelp.com/biz/pho-ha-vietn...urant-san-jose

Another decent place in San Jose, open until midnight too. I Google mapped Pho in San Jose and almost crashed my browser. Can't really go wrong.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:49 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
pho kim long is closed from what a friend told me today. he went by for lunch and saw a sign saying sorry we're closed and all the windows had newspapers covering them up.

Quick Reply: Good Pho place?