Good Dealer In The Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 06:29 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2.5rs
Smile Good Dealer In The Bay Area

First I would like to start off by saying that Stevens Creek Subaru has had their issues in the past. From guys complaining on the board about how bad the dealership is and how they got raped on their purchase or warranty. I had a good experience at Stevens Creek Subaru today.

My friend gave me a spare 02 WRX sedan rear sway bar he had laying at the garage to install on my 01 2.5 rs. Not wanting to hone out the bushings to fit the 02 WRX sway I decided to give Stevens Creek Subaru one more try because they close by my house. Now I can not speak for the entire dealership but I can speak for the parts department THEY HAVE CHANGED. Ryan Cavalier who is the new parts manager who I have previously been introduced to at a Subaru meet was very helpful. When I pulled in to the dealership I was expecting to get mobbed by sales men to try to get me to trade my 01 2.5rs for an 08 STI. Nothing of that nature happened today. I thought to myself this is kind of weird. When I came in to the parts department Ryan had one of his parts guys check the width of the rear sway because the sedan version happened to be 20mm and the wagon is smaller. Finding out that it was 20mm it was placed on order and should be coming in on Friday. So everyone if you think Stevens Creek is bad THINK AGAIN and give them one more try you will not regret it.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
well... i expected as much already....

the minute you get one of the guys from i-club and a true suby enthusiast working for the company.... you can expect things to finally go right.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
hmm when i went there in jan 2002 they tried to sell me my bugeye for 35K + extra stuff. it was a huge hassle and the guy tried to tell me my car came with twin turbos. well after a few hours and a lot of arguing, i ended up with the car for like 23,500 or something like that. i probably should have went to the OTHER SCS (santa cruz) since I hear they were giving them away no hassle for pretty good pricing at the time.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
ahah AR its not just 1 suby enthusiast its more like 3 of them now. me (hengman), chris (demonpossesed), and Ryan (unit91). so its 3 iclub memebers out of a total of 5 workers in the parts dept. and the other knows about iclub and he likes subaru also just doesnt own one since he is in his 40's and has kids
Old 08-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by yayitzian
hmm when i went there in jan 2002 they tried to sell me my bugeye for 35K + extra stuff. it was a huge hassle and the guy tried to tell me my car came with twin turbos. well after a few hours and a lot of arguing, i ended up with the car for like 23,500 or something like that. i probably should have went to the OTHER SCS (santa cruz) since I hear they were giving them away no hassle for pretty good pricing at the time.
I won't lie to you guys... I've had my share, not to the extent of some of you guys, but I did have my share of Stevens Creek Subaru. But that was then...

Unit 91 (Ryan) and a few other guys are there now and we should really try to support them in turning the dealership around. Ryan has been around the Subaru scene awhile. He'll take care of you.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:15 AM

Car Info: Subaru 2.5rs
Ryan has changed it around. It's good for me and other living in the area. Nothing against Santa Cruz or Capitol, but it is a long of a drive for me to get there to get some bushings and a shift boot for my rs, and have to come back again to pick them up.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I met Ryan at the BAIC meet the other week. Very cool guy. I would definitely consider doing business with Steven's Creek Subaru again. With Steven's Creek having the Parts Department open on the weekends (and a lot of other Subaru delearships are not) it is good to know that I can go down there and talk to actual knowledgable people that are willing to help you out.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:39 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Thanks guys! It's good to know our hard work isn't going un-noticed. Better and better things to come.

Ryan
Old 08-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Ryan is da man! It's not the location/dealership, it's the people... Ryan was cool as hell even when he was at Fremont Subaru. Thanks for moving closer to me Ryan!

Btw, Ryan, my ride is done, I can finally pick up that little bottle of conditioner. If I don't have any jobs this weekend I'll come and pick it up.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:39 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
I missed you Ryan at Hammy. I looked at the Stevens Creek booth but only saw that guy with the crazy sharp hair.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:42 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
I missed you Ryan at Hammy. I looked at the Stevens Creek booth but only saw that guy with the crazy sharp hair.
I guess that was me that you saw ha.