Good Beers? Official Beer Lovers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 08:31 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
oh....and just so you know....Guiness is lactose free...a rather light beer when it comes to calories and pretty wussy. Weak...4.7 percent...unless you get the bottles...they are 6 percent.

Really? I thought they were even wussier than that....for some reason I remember it being like 3.5%. Anyhow, I always laugh when people consider Guiness "hard".

stouts suck...barley wine rules
Old 09-10-2004, 08:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
i cannt believe no ones mentioned it...

best beer evA!
edgar,
Old 09-10-2004, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
i cannt believe no ones mentioned it...

best beer evA!
edgar,
Duval and Chimay, which I did mention, are pretty much the same thing. That's why I said Chimay or any Trappist/Beligian beer. But yes, a very good beer and very high in alc. content.

-Chirs
Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2004, 09:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by British Banger
-Widmer (?) Hefeweizen
If you like Widmer Hefeweizen, you should try Pyramid's Hefewiezen. WAY WAT better. It wins basically every award there is for wheat beers and is widely believed to taste most like the original hefeweizens made in Germany in the 1500's. And do me a favor, make sure when you say "hefeweisen" you pronounce it hay-fugh-vite-zen, not hef-en-wise-en. Most people say it the wrong way and it always bothers be.

-Chris
Old 09-10-2004, 09:31 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
Originally Posted by armlock
Keisatsu, is it the liquor store next to Pleasure Point Pizza?(41st and Portola)

no its at the one down by hwy 1, same parking lot as a laundrymat, right next to the 76 station.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:32 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
If you like Widmer Hefeweizen, you should try Pyramid's Hefewiezen. WAY WAT better. It wins basically every award there is for wheat beers and is widely believed to taste most like the original hefeweizens made in Germany in the 1500's. And do me a favor, make sure when you say "hefeweisen" you pronounce it hay-fugh-vite-zen, not hef-en-wise-en. Most people say it the wrong way and it always bothers be.

-Chris
i actually prefer Widmers Hef over pyramids... they are both good dont get me wrong, widmer jsut tastes better to me
Old 09-10-2004, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

hehheh. armlock said "pleasure point."

-Chris
Old 09-11-2004, 12:47 AM
VIP Member

The fridge next to my couch in my TV room... I swear, I don't have a problem! Nothing but beer and hot sauce.

-Chris
Attached Thumbnails Good Beers? Official Beer Lovers Thread-image015.jpeg  
Old 09-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Underpants Gnome

Car Info: 1.4 Ford Fiesta
Originally Posted by bassplayrr

-Chris
Ive actually had both and prefer widmer! And the widmer always tastes way better from the tap, which i presume is normal. I actually also had a hefeweizen at a brewery called "BJ's", which was actually the first beer i liked when I was younger. And yes I definetly say it wrong, but german sounds cool so I will have to learn to say it right " Atchung Hefewiezen fuhrer!" I also used to pronounce tsing tao the way it's spelled, but is really pronounced sing-toe
Old 09-11-2004, 12:55 AM
VIP Member

Ive actually had both and prefer widmer! And the widmer always tastes way better from the tap, which i presume is normal. I actually also had a hefeweizen at a brewery called "BJ's", which was actually the first beer i liked when I was younger. And yes I definetly say it wrong, but german sounds cool so I will have to learn to say it right " Atchung Hefewiezen fuhrer!" I also used to pronounce tsing tao the way it's spelled, but is really pronounced sing-toe

Yeah, you always look like a real pro when you pronounce hefeweizen correctly at a brewery. Stouts and Hefeweizens will ALWAYS taste better fresh from the tap at the brewery. Well, any beer will, but especially those two. With British in your name, I'm a little suprised you don't like stouts.

-Chris

"Hay man, your clock won't flush!"
Attached Thumbnails Good Beers? Official Beer Lovers Thread-image014.jpeg  

Last edited by bassplayrr; 09-11-2004 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:09 AM
Underpants Gnome

Yea I'm only like 85% british instead of being 100% british, what a faker. I have been trying to get my user name changed for about 8 months but Alex never responds to his PM's

Dammit thanks to your picture I want to watch that Family Guy episode, but someone is borrowing my season 1+2 DVD's, I only have the last season right now Guess I'll have to watch the episode where peter finds out he's black. Got any screenshots of "Life of an irish man" Lol
Old 09-11-2004, 01:14 AM
VIP Member

Got any screenshots of "Life of an irish man" Lol
Coming right up. "So how's heaven?" "There's a shortage of chairs" "Yeah..."

-Chris

no... wait... what episode is that? I was thinking of "Holy Crap" with Peter's Dad.

Last edited by bassplayrr; 09-11-2004 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:22 AM
VIP Member

Hey BB, is the "banger" in your name referring to these?

-Chris
Attached Thumbnails Good Beers? Official Beer Lovers Thread-bangers_and_mash.jpg  
Old 09-11-2004, 01:35 AM
Underpants Gnome

Alright now that I saw that picture I'm hungry as hell, but I only have oatmeal in this damn apartment!

The episode I'm talking about is when chris is talking gangster so peter takes him to the irish history museum to learn about his irish heritage. then he takes him to the library to see his family tree where peter realizes he has a black ancestor "nate griffin". It turns out that nate griffin was actually a slave of Loise's family (peuttershmit). So loise's father pays off peter to keep his mouth shut, and peter spends that money to make one of his rooms look like peewee's playhouse. That's all I remmeber off the top of my head. Oh yeah and when peter takes a motorcycle ride with his friend he gets a boner

Well I just started ******, then off to bed. (The movie for those of you with dirty minds)
Old 09-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Underpants Gnome

And to get this thread back on topic I just had a beer called "Spaten premium". It's alright, supposed to be straight from munich, which is actually probably a town in New Hamspire cause I bought the beer from safeway

Quick Reply: Good Beers? Official Beer Lovers Thread