Good Alarm Shop in East Bay?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:21 PM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
Good Alarm Shop in East Bay?

Hi Folks, I'm looking for a good alarm shop in East Bay (prefer East CCC if possible). Anyone have any good experiences lately?

Short Story:
I need someone to take a look at my truck to determine if:
1. Does it have an aftermarket alarm?
2. If it has an aftermarket alarm, to remove it.

Long Story:
I am having intermittent problems with starting my truck ('01 Ford Sport Trac). I had a family friend who is a mechanic test all the usual stuff (battery, cables, starter relay, starter, etc) and he suspects an aftermarket alarm is the problem. When the truck doesn't start, the "theft" light doesn't blink, so I don't believe it's a problem with PATS. The truck does have a valet switch, which makes me think there is an aftermarket alarm. I am hoping to find someone familiar with aftermarket alarms and Ford trucks for a fix.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
look and find out where the wires of the valet swith leads to. if it has an after market alarm it should be wired directly into the "brain" of the alarm. at least that way you will know if it has one or not. if you do find the brain, and want to see if it has "starter kill" hooked up: look for one or two usually thicker wires coming out of the brain. these wires are usually hooked up to the starter wire which is usually located in the steering column.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subie
custom car alarms