Global Time Attack: Infineon Raceway Nov. 11-12

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:38 PM

Car Info: Fast
Ya did you guys see the in car from the NSX? GODDAMN that thing is fast, and sounds badass!! That is the difference between a chassis built to be a JGTC car and a chassis built for WRC homologation rules...about 3 seconds Sorry Mike...I had to

Wish I could have made it, but between the doubtful weather and a 4 hour trip 1 way, I figured I would put the money towards the L swap.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Sometimes you have to lay it all on the line to get where you want to be, this includes finding mechanical limits of parts, going for broke to ****** even deeper records, and pushing development to the breaking point (pun intended). Wish it made it a few more turns to see what it could of done...Amazing times from Gary Sheehan!

*Diver thought for sure if it held together we would of been in the high 39's to low 40's. What a sight that would of been.....next time I suppose. For now we still take home the #1 spot and track record for Limited AWD.

Full write up coming next week!

-Noah
Old 11-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
^thought you guysbumped it up a bit
Old 11-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Heedz
^thought you guysbumped it up a bit
just a tad

-Noah
Old 11-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
hehehehe
Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
LIC! Great video and I can't wait for the write up!

Congrats to everyone today, I'm so sad I couldn't be there, something came up and I was obligated.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
congrats to all of are local guys that won also a big thanks to the crew over at GST Motorsports, the LIC boys, and Adam(AdamBOMB_STi) Double-A ENGINEering fo let me hang with you guys this weekend
Old 11-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
How many of our local guys have motor troubles this weekend?
Old 11-13-2011, 10:09 AM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
How many of our local guys have motor troubles this weekend?
Myself and LIC... I dropped a valve seat or broke a valve in #3 cylinder during my 5th wet practice session on friday. Didn't even get to run my R-comps and/or push the car.

LIC on the other hand did it the right way... On Saturday they burned off a 1.41.xx to take first place then went out for another session on more power and threw a rod! LIKE A BOSS!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
lmao! Nice meeting you Adam, I wish I could have been there for the second day!
Old 11-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by aboothman
Ya did you guys see the in car from the NSX? GODDAMN that thing is fast, and sounds badass!! That is the difference between a chassis built to be a JGTC car and a chassis built for WRC homologation rules...about 3 seconds Sorry Mike...I had to

Wish I could have made it, but between the doubtful weather and a 4 hour trip 1 way, I figured I would put the money towards the L swap.
Nah it's the difference between a some idiot not checking the DCCD setup and coasting through corners so the diff bind doesn't stall the motor and a car running without the above idiot wiring it!

Mike
Old 11-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by AdamBOMB_STi
Myself and LIC... I dropped a valve seat or broke a valve in #3 cylinder during my 5th wet practice session on friday. Didn't even get to run my R-comps and/or push the car.

LIC on the other hand did it the right way... On Saturday they burned off a 1.41.xx to take first place then went out for another session on more power and threw a rod! LIKE A BOSS!
Damn bummer to hear man
Old 11-13-2011, 12:40 PM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Damn bummer to hear man
ehh thats racing...
Old 11-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Churro Aficionado

ehh thats racing...
True, but i know how much you've put into it and im sure you wanted to get some fun out of it
Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah it was great to see the car rip off a 1st place win and class track record (1:41.888). But even more rewarding knowing that the driver (Gary) said there was easily another sec in his own driving at that level. Gary was literally tossed into our car on friday AM in the rain, he got 1 dry session yesterday to learn the car (thats about 6 laps, of which only 1 of them was a hot lap). Its impressive how fast guys like him can adapt to a setup and do what they do. He literally did that time with less than 20 laps in the car in total.

For the final session we decided to turn the car up to full power, as we had been running on our 29 psi (medium boost map) all Saturday. It was a decision I was making b/c until you put the car at that level in a real life scenario, you just don't know what it can/will do. I wish it could of made it a tad longer but that's how it goes at times. We were fully prepared to push the car onto the trailer to get an impressive win and record (which we did anyways), we felt we have pushed development to the point where we can finally feel comfortable not just playing it safe anymore and actually put our car at a top tier level with the top tier guys (like the fellas from 034 Motorsports, for those who don't know Christian is an amazing driver and that car is INSANE, go see how many magazines its been in and what its accomplished with Christian behind the wheel). So to pull off our win with 1.4 secs over him and that car, we feel pretty good about....we were both pushing each other as hard as we can. Christian reminded me last year he blew 3 motors chasing us and others, this is our/LIC's first catastrophic mechanical on track and it was due to a failed #3 rod. Pushing cars this hard, this far, its bound to happen....its how we learn to revise our parts and builds at various power levels (even when you're using stuff that is "suppose" to take the power levels one is running). Ask any other shop that competes as well, we all do it and have to in order to push development even further. We learn something at every event and the unexpected things that can/will happen.

We are happy with our data/result learned and earned this weekend, glad it ended safely, and all we can do is look onward and upward for next season (if there even is one for us).

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 11-13-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Global Time Attack: Infineon Raceway Nov. 11-12