Glad to know that our tax money is being put to good use

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:52 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

this is what i posted in another forum:

i'll chime on here since i happen to own of those "targeted" vehicles...

first and foremost, i believe the LE goes after these crowds is due to all of the public views of illegal STREET racings and sideshows, etc.

now, another problem i see is that who owns these cars.

most males in the 18-24 y/o bracket who i guess never learned the BILL OF RIGHTS while in school.

dont get me wrong. there are good busts and bad busts. in this case, i cant wait to get in a similar situation with my vehicle.

why? just because my vehicle came like that FROM the factory. so the huge wing and the gigantic hoodscoop MIGHT be a dead giveaway as a "street racer" look.

but then again, when was the last time "looking like" something was a crime?

if that's the case, then i have a GREAT civil rights lawsuit.

in fremont, where i live, there is an (in)famous cop who's sole duty is patrolling certain areas and looking out for cars with "illegal" modifications. in fact, he's like the area's expert on these things.

thing that **** me off:

"If you're not into street racing, why would you need that?" Riverside Police Traffic Sergeant Skip Showalter asked an enthusiast during a similar crackdown last year. "Why would you want more power going to your car?"
first thing i'll do? subpoena each and every officer's personal vehicle in that bust and see if all they own are yugos...

Officers then began a warrantless search and interrogation operation of the 150 vehicles that were present.
see my quote above about the majority drivers are 18-24 y/o and never knowing what the 4th and 5th amendments are all about...

sad, but too often, is the case that most are busted...

for the record? my ricer car is 99.999% stock. i just like the boy racer look.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Lboogie
http://www.pe.com/localnews/riversid...1.4234d9b.html

warrantless search : FTL

Parking Lot : "private property" , but if its out in open area they don't need a warrant to enter the lot.
so what. the only moving violation that still applies on private property is DUI.... not to mention they still didnt have probable cause
Old 04-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
So... any modification is illegal?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:12 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Originally Posted by darkonion
So... any modification is illegal?
No, it just seems that way due to how LE operates these days.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:14 PM

Car Info: Sleeper Much?
I mean really. Refuse their request to search. They have no probable cause that a crime was taking place that the inside of your vehicle would provide proof of. Your vehicle was sitting parked in a parking lot. It could have been delivered there by trailer for show purposes. Last time I looked a NASCAR parked at office depot wasn't being ticketed and impounded. They love the fact that people get intimidated by law enforcement and give up their rights. The rights to search and seizure are what will get you out of most of these situations. A good lawyer as said before will get everything fixed right up, get you compensatory damages, fatten his wallet, and show the general public that police are conducting warrantless searches of persons and property clearly violating their rights. Eventually enough **** rolls downhill to make it stop.

Last edited by SSFWRX; 04-04-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:29 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

here's the problem i see during that "bust"...

good chance males 18-24 y/o were the drivers of those cars.

how many knew of their 4th and 5th amendment rights?

who knows what "probable cause" is?

do you know your basic rights? the ACLU has a card you can print out, which shows you how to behave when stopped by LE. (crap, my google-fu isnt strong right now and i'm coming up blank).

another is the intimidation factor by LE.

all this equals to a lot search and seizures that if brought to a court, can be shot down.

problem is, most of them do not have the time OR money to do so...
Old 04-04-2008, 04:34 PM

I don't daily drive her, i guess this means I don't stop for cops now? I have no problem blowing 1 out of the water, depending on circumstances of the situation. Got pulled over last weekend for aboslutely nothing, cop trying to find drunk drivers......yelled at me saying I was impatient even though I went insanely slow and wasn't impatient..........im ****ing sick of my civil rights getting raped, im taking a stand.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 04-04-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
http://action.aclu.org/site/DocServe....pdf?docID=161
Old 04-04-2008, 05:32 PM

Think i'm going to buy a vid camera. I swear if I kept her in the ride and patrolled around for a few weeks I could probably sue the police department, maybe it's worth a shot.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:41 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Think i'm going to buy a vid camera. I swear if I kept her in the ride and patrolled around for a few weeks I could probably sue the police department, maybe it's worth a shot.

well, that's the wrong mentality.

what you want to do, is record the events. just like it is legal for the cops to record your traffic stop, you can do the same thing.

even better is a second person in your car.

but trying to bait the LE for monetary purposes is just wrong. and stupid.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 85 MR2 & 89 Alltrac Camry
Originally Posted by evsoul
I don't blame the police.. they have a serious serious serious street racing problem down there.
They have a "serious problem" because the cops let it get out of hand.
The cops knew & they let the cars race for years now because it was all done in industrial areas. I lived there for 25 years & saw the cops in their cars watching the races & do nothing until someone crashed many, many times.

Busting Irwindale makes no sense since most people go there for the legal drag strip. I've seen cops pull over cars right after they leave the strip & start harassing them even though they are racing legally & driving normally on the street. Of course people are going to stop going to the legal races & start going to the illegal races after that happens to them a few times.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by Sandra
They have a "serious problem" because the cops let it get out of hand.
The cops knew & they let the cars race for years now because it was all done in industrial areas. I lived there for 25 years & saw the cops in their cars watching the races & do nothing until someone crashed many, many times.

Busting Irwindale makes no sense since most people go there for the legal drag strip. I've seen cops pull over cars right after they leave the strip & start harassing them even though they are racing legally & driving normally on the street. Of course people are going to stop going to the legal races & start going to the illegal races after that happens to them a few times.

I'm not saying they are in the right,
But it IS a seriously issue down there so I can see why they are taking drastic steps..

But I still agree that gang violence in that area (mainly San Bernadino) is terrible and that should be their concentration. I lived in victorville/rancho cucamonga for a big part of my life.. and I'm glad I got out of there.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by evsoul
I'm not saying they are in the right,
But it IS a seriously issue down there so I can see why they are taking drastic steps..

But I still agree that gang violence in that area (mainly San Bernadino) is terrible and that should be their concentration. I lived in victorville/rancho cucamonga for a big part of my life.. and I'm glad I got out of there.
I lived in that area for a while..haa. Victorville. Apple Valley and Baldy Mesa.
Also Riverside. San Dimas. Long Beach and Glendale oh and redondo.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:56 PM
banned

x2 for having lived in long beach

My cousin is a chp in the lancaster area, I'mma hit him up to see what the inside word is on this topic
Old 04-04-2008, 09:05 PM
banned

http://public.findlaw.com/traffic-ti...ch-rights.html

Quick Reply: Glad to know that our tax money is being put to good use