Girl Friends Birthday...ideas please!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:23 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx and 2013 Impreza
Girl Friends Birthday...ideas please!!

alright so its the girls birthday on Saturday and she wants to go out of town. i live up in the sac area so i know the bay has alot of fun stuff. she is down for anything as extreme as sky diving or something chill like walking down the beach. but i want to do something fun. so far my plan is go to Monterrey, have lunch, rent bikes and ride them up and down the beach, do the aquarium and have dinner at benni hannas. can you guys expand on that or maybe think of anything else that would be fun in the bay or anywhere not hella far?? thats not hella expensive. any ideas are appreciated.

thanks!!!

and btw im 20 and she is turning 19
Old 06-24-2010, 01:29 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Rent a place in Capitola. It is super chill, on the ocean, and there is an awesome restaurant at the end of the pier with music. Also a lot of cool shops. You can rent a boat and take her around the kelp reefs, where you will see otters, dolphins, sometimes a whale or two and some other cool stuff. Thats what I'd do!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by mr_silas
can you guys expand on that
Somebody's gonna say it....

1. cut a hole in the box...

lol
Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by JArnaud
Rent a place in Capitola. It is super chill, on the ocean, and there is an awesome restaurant at the end of the pier with music. Also a lot of cool shops. You can rent a boat and take her around the kelp reefs, where you will see otters, dolphins, sometimes a whale or two and some other cool stuff. Thats what I'd do!
that'd be hella tight. thing is we just got back from there lol. we spent the day at the boardwalk and ate at the pier. but good call!! that would be so much fun.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
1. cut a hole in the box...
Originally Posted by mr_silas
that'd be hella tight.
I loled.

Anyways, Benihana's is a cool idea but I bet she would prefer a picnic alone. Find a decent restaurant in Monterey (not hard) and get them to make you a 2-person takeout meal. Then take her out to one of the hillsides near the beach where you can eat, watch the sunset, and maybe someplace secluded enough that she can show her appreciation.

And remember, sand is the worst lubricant. Bring a towel or at least a big jacket.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gancherov
I loled.

Anyways, Benihana's is a cool idea but I bet she would prefer a picnic alone. Find a decent restaurant in Monterey (not hard) and get them to make you a 2-person takeout meal. Then take her out to one of the hillsides near the beach where you can eat, watch the sunset, and maybe someplace secluded enough that she can show her appreciation.

And remember, sand is the worst lubricant. Bring a towel or at least a big jacket.
oooo thats sounds good. is there anywhere in particular that you can think of that would be a good place? i dont know the area hella good. but i totally agree that would be really nice and very romantic. i just want to make sure i can make it all work out. do you, or anybody, know of like a good picnic area i could got o so i wouldnt have to search for days.

also i was thinkin of starting the day off by grabbing lunch and eating out at point lobos what do you think about that?

would it be bad to have two picnics or should i scratch that idea? or which one should i scratch?

weather on sat high 62 low 53, mostly cloudy
Old 06-24-2010, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Thumb in da bung...
Old 06-24-2010, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
Thumb in da bung...
and 2 in the pink.
________
EASY VAPE V2 DIGITAL VAPORIZER REVIEW

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:41 PM

Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM

she better never see this thread lol
Old 06-24-2010, 03:14 PM

Car Info: 05 18g LGT Wagon | Former 08 LGT Spec.B
if you're looking for lunch ideas, I would recommend Old Fisherman's Grotto @ Monterey's fishermans' warf.

yelp

You could walk up and down the pier sampling the different chowders, but I always end up getting Grotto's chowder. It's cheaper if you just get a pint + a couple pieces of bread to go, and take it to the public beach in Carmel, or you could pay $10 to go to Pebble Beach. They have some picnic tables at the beach there you can eat at also.

google map route

Then you can walk/bike around downtown carmel, cannery row, pebble beach to spend the afternoon. There's a mall too if you want to catch a movie. For dinner, there's tons of options, most of the places on the pier are good if you want to go back and catch the sunset reflecting on the bay.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:52 PM

Car Info: 2002 4EAT MBP wrx wagon
Monterey is foggy, very foggy in the summertime fyi. The aquarium is amazing, just went again a few weeks ago. Takes at least a few hours though to take it all in so you'd have to get an early start from Sac that day if you were doign same day. Might want to think about kayaking if the weather is okay (they give you spray jackets and skirts so you won't get wet really)? You want a beautiful dinner experience? Take her for a sunset drive down the coast to big sur (well sun sets really late so maybe not sunset). Ventana lodge/resort spa has some of the nicest views, best cocktails, and pretty damn good food. It's pricey for sure, but I believe it to be quite a memorable experience. There's also a campsite below the lodge/resort run by them that's in a beautiful redwood grove if you feel like spending the night. Could pack fancy clothes for dinner and camping gear for the night all in the trunk as a surprise.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

strip club?????
Old 06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Maybe if you posted her picture we could offer you better ideas?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Maybe if you posted her picture we could offer you better ideas?

________
Love advice forums

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Girl Friends Birthday...ideas please!!