Ghost Sightings in the Bay Area?? (here's a few SF ones)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 09:54 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
All of my stories take place in the OC/SoCal. Nothing weird has happened to me since I moved up here.

A while after my parents split my dad bought an awesome house in San Juan Capistrano. Right across from the mission on a big hill. Amazing view, really cool house. The works. My bedroom was the only one downstairs. The window was a huge 'greenhouse' style window that almost completely made up one wall and had a return at the top - basically you could look out the ceiling at one point and see the sky. There was a tree that grew outside (pepper tree, iirc). It never looked healthy. It was always almost bare. Anyhow, that tree was cut and trimmed quite regularly and every time grew straight towards the window. I remember the sound the branches made against the glass so well it actually gives me goosebumps to this day. At one point the entire house side of the tree was hacked off. Didn't make a difference. Tree grew straight back towards the window.

Now, that doesn't sound so odd. Trees grow. What was odd was that it always grew right back to the window and would 'scrape' when there was no breeze outside. I rarely slept in that room. Too freaked out. Eventually I got a second bedroom upstairs and quit staying downstairs.

Same house - my dad and grandparents would be downstairs after the kids all went to bed. Everyone could clearly hear children running down the halls and giggling and playing. Doors could be heard to open/close, etc. Nothing ever bad, but enough that they'd come see if we were awake again. We never were. Always sleeping.

When we first moved in the house was level and true. You could put a ball on the floor and it would stay. About a year later that same ball would roll towards the downhill. Every house on the hill started to do this. My dad did some research and found out the property was an Indian children's burial ground. There isn't a single house standing on that portion of the hill any longer. We happen to think the kid's spirits were pushing the houses off the hill.

In HS a friend of mine moved into a new house down the road from our school. We'd go over there all the time and it was usually just the two of us, maybe another guy. We'd hang out. Have some food. Watch some TV. Eventually his mom would come home. One day we're in the kitchen and the lights start flicking on/off, ceiling fan starts spinning wildly, appliances go crazy and cabinets start slamming open/closed. This goes for a few seconds (felt like forever) and my friend yells, "STOP IT!" Immediately everything in the kitchen stops. Immediately the box fan in his room turns on and spins much, much faster than the highest setting. We both book to his room and again he tells it to stop. The fan stops like it had never been spinning. Super freaky. Stuff like that would happen all the time.

Turns out there was a family that lived there who had a young son. The kid was a latchkey kid and came home before his parents every day. One day the kid happened to get home while someone was robbing the house. Robber sees kid in kitchen and stabs and kills kid. Kid haunts the house. My friend's family left that house after less than a year. It was too much for them to handle.

I've got more, but that's enough for now.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:16 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX
I SO did not know that about George Washington...thank GOD i didnt know that when I was going there...stuff like that freaks me the hell out.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 AM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Originally Posted by Unit 91
All of my stories take place in the OC/SoCal. Nothing weird has happened to me since I moved up here.

A while after my parents split my dad bought an awesome house in San Juan Capistrano. Right across from the mission on a big hill. Amazing view, really cool house. The works. My bedroom was the only one downstairs. The window was a huge 'greenhouse' style window that almost completely made up one wall and had a return at the top - basically you could look out the ceiling at one point and see the sky. There was a tree that grew outside (pepper tree, iirc). It never looked healthy. It was always almost bare. Anyhow, that tree was cut and trimmed quite regularly and every time grew straight towards the window. I remember the sound the branches made against the glass so well it actually gives me goosebumps to this day. At one point the entire house side of the tree was hacked off. Didn't make a difference. Tree grew straight back towards the window.

Now, that doesn't sound so odd. Trees grow. What was odd was that it always grew right back to the window and would 'scrape' when there was no breeze outside. I rarely slept in that room. Too freaked out. Eventually I got a second bedroom upstairs and quit staying downstairs.

Same house - my dad and grandparents would be downstairs after the kids all went to bed. Everyone could clearly hear children running down the halls and giggling and playing. Doors could be heard to open/close, etc. Nothing ever bad, but enough that they'd come see if we were awake again. We never were. Always sleeping.

When we first moved in the house was level and true. You could put a ball on the floor and it would stay. About a year later that same ball would roll towards the downhill. Every house on the hill started to do this. My dad did some research and found out the property was an Indian children's burial ground. There isn't a single house standing on that portion of the hill any longer. We happen to think the kid's spirits were pushing the houses off the hill.

In HS a friend of mine moved into a new house down the road from our school. We'd go over there all the time and it was usually just the two of us, maybe another guy. We'd hang out. Have some food. Watch some TV. Eventually his mom would come home. One day we're in the kitchen and the lights start flicking on/off, ceiling fan starts spinning wildly, appliances go crazy and cabinets start slamming open/closed. This goes for a few seconds (felt like forever) and my friend yells, "STOP IT!" Immediately everything in the kitchen stops. Immediately the box fan in his room turns on and spins much, much faster than the highest setting. We both book to his room and again he tells it to stop. The fan stops like it had never been spinning. Super freaky. Stuff like that would happen all the time.

Turns out there was a family that lived there who had a young son. The kid was a latchkey kid and came home before his parents every day. One day the kid happened to get home while someone was robbing the house. Robber sees kid in kitchen and stabs and kills kid. Kid haunts the house. My friend's family left that house after less than a year. It was too much for them to handle.

I've got more, but that's enough for now.
I hate you for sharing. i'm spooked out now.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Originally Posted by CHESTON
I hate you for sharing. i'm spooked out now.

Those are sort of mild, too.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Bump!

Needed to bump this since it seems we've got some urban explorers/ghost hunters around here lately. Some great late-night reading here... Enjoy!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:04 PM

Car Info: .
The Anitoch slaughter house sucks.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:22 AM

Car Info: Nadda
I've seen the white truck @ marsh road... creepy
Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
I ride by Marsh rd all the time.... Truth is. being on the back side of Sierra/Felter rd in the evening/night is creepy by itself without ghost stories. But some of the houses on that hill... are BALLIN ! ... haha... Oh, and the closed cemetery after ed levin park is creepy too
Old 08-18-2009, 08:55 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
if you have not been yet, drive up to the fence...i guarantee you will get ill as you get closer to the property... Haystack landing.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:34 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Originally Posted by cracker1252
if you have not been yet, drive up to the fence...i guarantee you will get ill as you get closer to the property... Haystack landing.
I call BS on that one.

http://www.sacredsonoma.com/haystacklanding.html
Old 08-18-2009, 03:32 PM

Car Info: 03 Psm Sedan
Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
Btw, looks like the "Happiest Place on Earth" might also be one of the scariest! (I've always considered Vega$ the Happiest Place anyways!)

Taken from www.theShadowlands.net:
Btw, looks like the "Happiest Place on Earth" might also be one of the scariest! (I've always considered Vega$ the Happiest Place anyways!)

Taken from www.theShadowlands.net:

From Wikipedia

PeopleMover
Main article: PeopleMover

* In August 1967, a 17-year-old boy from Hawthorne, California, was killed while jumping between two moving PeopleMover cars as the ride was passing through a tunnel. He stumbled and fell onto the track, where an oncoming train of cars crushed him beneath its wheels and dragged his body a few hundred feet before it was stopped by a ride operator. The attraction had only been open for one month at the time.[22]

* On June 7, 1980, an 18-year-old man from San Diego, California, was crushed and killed by the PeopleMover while jumping between moving cars. The accident occurred as the ride entered the SuperSpeed tunnel.[23]

[edit] Rivers of America
Main article: Rivers of America (Disney)

* In June 1973, a 18-year-old man from Brooklyn, New York, drowned while attempting to swim across the "Rivers of America". He and his 10-year-old brother stayed on the island past closing time by hiding in an area that is off-limits to guests. When they wanted to leave the island, they decided to swim across the river. The victim carried his younger brother on his back, as the younger brother was unsure how to swim, but the older sibling drowned halfway through the swim. His body was found the next morning. The younger brother was able to stay afloat by "dog paddling" until a ride operator rescued him.[22]

* On June 4, 1983, an 18-year-old man from Albuquerque, New Mexico, drowned in the Rivers of America while trying to pilot a rubber emergency boat from Tom Sawyer's Island that he and a friend had stolen from a "cast members only" area of the island.[24]

along with more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_Disney_parks