Ghost Sightings in the Bay Area?? (here's a few SF ones)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:39 AM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Arrow Ghost Sightings in the Bay Area?? (here's a few SF ones)

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else has some ghost stories/sightings?

I know it's lame, but I just eat stuff like this up. I guess it's like car chases on tv...hard to turn the channel when they come on!

Here are a few I got off a site called, "The Shadowlands," which has TONS of supernatural accounts on UFO's, ghosts, and other phenomena. (can search through US sightings by state)

For you SF Bay Area folks, there's a bunch of ghost sightings, including ones at Washington & Lincoln High School, and the Safeway on 17th & Taraval!?

San Francisco - Abraham Lincoln High School - late at night, toilet paper can be heard unraveling in the girl's bathroom by the main office. also, in the girl's bathroom by the band room, feet can be seen in the stall when no one else is there and someone whispering "hi". And the room by the cafeteria is locked and no one is allowed in there because a girl was raped and murdered in that room.

San Francisco - Safeway - Located in the middle of San Francisco, SAFEWAY between 17th avenue and Taraval. There were recent sightings by employees that a young boy was sighted in the empty hallways leading to the storage room. The time was around 12:00 am closing time. The employees, even a customer, saw a young male at the age around 7-10 walking slowly towards them, but from a distance. One of the employees claimed to see the young spirit sitting beside some crates with his head down, and his arms covering his knees. The customer simply believed that he saw someone standing on the corner at the end of the hallway facing against the wall. He wanted to use the nearby restroom before he saw the figure. All visions of his spirit were blurry because they said that there was lack of lighting inside the location. Rumors are that the building was once a motel in the mid 1900s until it was burnt down because the owner had money problems with local gang members; however, the presence of the young boy is still a mystery.

San Francisco - Washington High School - It has been said that the boy's 3rd floor restroom, is haunted. At night, or at later hours after school (when not as many people are around), people have reported seeing a figure standing by one of the stalls then vanish.

Read more about SF & Cali ghost sightings here: (can also access sightings in other US States from the same site but different pages)

http://theshadowlands.net/places/california2.htm

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 07-20-2005 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:35 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
The slaughterhouse in antioch, some insane asylum in Oakland, haha man had some good memories going to random spooky places without flashlights and just walking around with friends scaring the heck out of eachother

Last edited by verc; 07-20-2005 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:00 AM

Car Info: wrx wagon
Moss Beach Distillery in Half Moon Bay
http://www.mossbeachdistillery.com/

The Moss Beach Distillery is well known for its famous ghost, "The Blue Lady", and the popular NBC TV series "Unsolved Mysteries" recreated a haunting version of "The Legend Of The Blue Lady" and presented it to the world.

According to the ghostly Coastside legend, some 72 years ago a beautiful, young woman met by chance, a handsome dangerous man and fell in love with him. This sophisticated ladies' man was, say some, a piano player in the bar. The naive young woman, always dressed in blue was already married to another but her unsuspecting husband and young son never knew of the illicit affair. She made many trips to the restaurant to be with her lover.

The beautiful lady in blue died in a violent automobile accident and it is here at the Distillery you will now find her searching for her lover.

Many strange events have been documented since that time that can not be explained such as mysterious phone calls from no one, levitating checkbooks, locked rooms from the inside without any other means of entry, women diners losing one ear ring and then several of these are found in one place weeks later, date tampering with computers, sightings by small children. We are glad she is not destructive with her pranks and continue to hear of new events that cannot be explained.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:55 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
silly ghosts

I think it's funny that everyone claims to believe in ghosts and some people have even seen the....lol. There are even groups all over the world that hunt them...YET, there isn't a single proven, documented, event, picture, viedo, or any other substantial evidence that they exist. Sure you have the photos with the dust on them. People say that those are "orbs"...lol. Then of course there are thousands of poorly or obviously photoshopped, or otherwise manipulated pictures. But nothing substantial. You'd think that, with all the ghost hunters out there, there would be legit pictures circulating all over the web as well as tons of video of ghosts throwing things through the air and doors opening and closing. After all, this is the kind of stuff that is reported all the time. I think it's another example of our vivid imaginations...lol.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:51 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
I think it's funny that everyone claims to believe in ghosts and some people have even seen the....lol. There are even groups all over the world that hunt them...YET, there isn't a single proven, documented, event, picture, viedo, or any other substantial evidence that they exist. Sure you have the photos with the dust on them. People say that those are "orbs"...lol. Then of course there are thousands of poorly or obviously photoshopped, or otherwise manipulated pictures. But nothing substantial. You'd think that, with all the ghost hunters out there, there would be legit pictures circulating all over the web as well as tons of video of ghosts throwing things through the air and doors opening and closing. After all, this is the kind of stuff that is reported all the time. I think it's another example of our vivid imaginations...lol.

I doubt that many people truly believe in ghosts. (especially religious people which would statistically be the majority of us)

Ghost sightings, haunted places, urban legends, these make entertainment more than superstition for most people. Like scary movies, obviously none of that stuff could ever happen but it's fun letting your imagination run wild
Old 07-20-2005, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2014 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
Originally Posted by verc
I doubt that many people truly believe in ghosts. (especially religious people which would statistically be the majority of us)

Ghost sightings, haunted places, urban legends, these make entertainment more than superstition for most people. Like scary movies, obviously none of that stuff could ever happen but it's fun letting your imagination run wild

If religious people don't believe in ghosts, etc... what's the deal with the HOLY SPIRIT?

not to make any arguments about religious beliefs and what not..... just an honest question.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:57 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
as one of those who were "brainwashed" at an early age with a certain type of religion, the Holy spirit is something completely different.. ( dont blame me, blame the pastor... )
Old 07-20-2005, 10:04 AM

Car Info: for the Car Acrobatic Team
When I went to SF State, I heard stories about the 3rd or 4th floor of the library being haunted by some girl.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2014 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
I heard that USF is haunted. I go there sometimes.. and I think it is... (By ghost Nuns)
Old 07-20-2005, 10:17 AM

Car Info: 96' Impreza GM4
There is a pretty scary house off Sand Hill Road in Woodside. Rumor is it was occupied by a cult or something. There are rats hanging from nooses, pretty sick drawiings of eyes and stuff on the walls. An elevater inside where supossedly a girl died, there is writing on the stairs about the girl. It's not really haunted, but it will scare your socks off.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:49 AM

Car Info: 04 Blue WRX
Cool

Legend: The ghost of a disappointed lover haunts the Toys 'R' Us store in Sunnyvale, California.
Origins: If
you like a good ghost story, this 1993 newspaper story is for you:

Enter the Play-Doh aisle at your own risk. Browse the children's books with caution. And don't even ask to go upstairs, where the toys are stacked.
The Toys 'R' Us in Sunnyvale is haunted by a man named Johnson, employees and psychics say.

"I don't believe in ghosts," said Putt-Putt O'Brien, who has spent 18 years stacking toys at the store. "But you feel a breeze behind you. Someone calls your name and there's nobody there. Funny things happen here that you can't explain."

Rag dolls and toy trucks leap off shelves. ***** bounce down the aisles. Children's books fall out of racks. Baby swings move on their own. The folks at Toys 'R' Us say they've tried to explain it logically but can't.

"Many people have experiences, not just one or two of us," O'Brien said. "He's like Casper. Nothing he does ever hurt anybody."

Others have taken notice, too. Newspapers have written about him.

The toy store has been featured on television's That's Incredible and other shows. A Hollywood script writer for the movie Toys spent two nights inside doing research. Psychic Sylvia Browne held a seance there in 1978 and has been back a dozen times.

Browne said Johnson told her he was a preacher and ranch hand in the 1880s on the Murphy family farm, where the toy store sits today. He spoke with a mild Swedish accent, and his first name was John, Yon, or Johan. Ten of sixteen people assembled there for the seance said they heard a "high buzzing noise" when Browne was supposedly listening to the ghost.

Browne said the ghost told her he had been in love with Murphy's daughter Elizabeth, who ran off with an East Coast lawyer. Old news clippings say Johnson accidentally hacked his leg with an ax while carelessly chopping down trees. Another story said Johnson was found dead in the orchard with an ax wound in his neck. Both stories say he bled to death.

O'Brien said she saw Johnson once: A young man in his 20s or 30s, wearing knickers, a white long-sleeved work shirt, and a gray tweed snap-brim cap, walked past her. Another time she heard the sound of galloping horses.

"Yohan used to exercise the horses, they say," O'Brien said.

Now he apparently gets his exercise playing with the staff. There was the time when men were waxing the floor, for instance, and a teddy bear kept appearing in each aisle as they moved their equipment through the store. There's the overwhelming sweet smell of garden flowers that haunts Aisle 15C, next to the Mickey Mouse dolls and the Batman toothbrush sets.

So, now the obvious question: Is it all just a desperate sales gimmick?

"It's very good publicity for us," said store director Stephanie Lewis. "But I personally don't believe in it." But even if Lewis doesn't believe it, others do. "Last week we had to chase three or four teenagers away," she said.

"They were sitting out front at 4 a.m. with a Ouija board, trying to conjure up the ghost. Once a week someone comes in here asking about it. Teenagers beg us to let them spend the night on the floor."

"I have employees who will not go into the women's bathroom alone," Lewis said. That's because Johnson follows them in there and turns on the water faucets, she said.

Longtime employees say Johnson has also pulled pranks on contractors who come to do short-term jobs. They see a toy leap from a shelf and refuse to come back.

O'Brien believes Johnson lives upstairs in a breezy, cool corner.

The pranks he pulls upstairs are also harmless, she said, but it's spookier because one is usually alone. "When I go up there, I'll say, 'Johan, I'm only here to work,'" O'Brien said.

So if the place is haunted, why stick around?

"It's a good ghost," said Lisa, another employee, who didn't give her last name. "It's fun here."
Old 07-20-2005, 11:11 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
a friend of mine took some photos at his house...he told me about them and I said he was full of it until I saw them.....weird.

he took a picture looking into the tv from one corner of the room...so you can see the other corner in the tv. Well in the picture you can clear as day see a reflection of a woman sitting in a chair nitting with a lamp there..the whole 9. I said....so what...it's a reflection....figured maybe it was his wife or something...nope...he showed me a photo of what it looks like over there...there is no lamp...no chair....just a computer desk with a computer on it. WEIRD!!!!!!!!

I have my own story...whether I believe in ghosts or not is another question...seems as how I am a religious person you could say...

but when I was little my mom used to come in and tuck me in every night...she'd sit on my bed and talk to me then kiss me and leave. Well I was laying in bed looking toward the wall when I felt my mom sit on my bed. I said hi mommy and what not and the lady said I'm not your mom. So I sat turned around and sat up and looked at the woman. Blonde hair. red sweater. black skirt. She kept asking me to come with her and that it was ok. My mom would want me to. etc. ..etc..etc.

Finally my mom came in and asked me what was going on...I told her and she flipped. Next morning we talked about it and I described the woman again.

My aunt..her sister died at 33 of cancer. I never knew her. I described her in perfect detail...including her favorite outfit when she died.

To this day I honestly believe that if I had gone with her I'd be dead. Not sure if it was a ghost or some kind of imagination deal..but I was wide awake. I used to have these gnarly dreams when I was a kid that I was told could kill me. I learned how to control them....like a tv. Sounds weird but they tought me how to change the chanels..bad dream..just turn the chanel. Now...I don't dream. I turned the tv off in 1988.

bah..now I sound crazy. But it's a true story. If you knew my background you'd have a little clearer idea.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:17 AM

Car Info: Twin WRX Turbo VR-4
Originally Posted by verc
The slaughterhouse in antioch, some insane asylum in Oakland, haha man had some good memories going to random spooky places without flashlights and just walking around with friends scaring the heck out of eachother
isn't the slaughterhouse next to the "gravity hill"

my friend went up to gravity hill once in his Jeep. He said he did all that stuff like wait at the bottom in neutral and you will start to randomly move forward. It's supposed to be some ghost pushing you up the hill--- he said he saw hand prints on the back of his car which was the *ghost's handprints*... i call BS.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:28 AM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
I was just watching "Most Haunted" on the travel channel last week. Freaked me out! Made me wanna go back to church.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 2002 psm wrx
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I learned how to control them....like a tv. Sounds weird but they tought me how to change the chanels..bad dream..just turn the chanel. Now...I don't dream. I turned the tv off in 1988.
That's too weird. That's EXACTLY what I used to do. Flip through the bad stuff until something good comes along. And as a child my mom would tell me that I'd just sit in the crib by myself in the room (no one in there) and my mom would hear me laughing. She peaked in and saw that I was looking at something and becomig amused with whatever I saw, looking up and laughing and following it like it was moving. But there was no one in the room.

weird

Quick Reply: Ghost Sightings in the Bay Area?? (here's a few SF ones)