An FYI for you gals... EPHEDRINE is NOT banned ANYWHERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 10:11 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by SG5
so with that side, will Prolabs Creatine help gain more weight or something? I'm pretty much an nub to this, so please forgive me =X

Those are a start, but as I stated before, you need to eat clean and eat a lot.

Im guessing you mean you want to add muscle to gain weight and not fat.

Its pretty simple, in order to gain weight, you need to consume more calories than you burn. You also need to lift weights.

5 simple steps to gain weight (muscle)
1. Eat a lot. 1g of protein per pound of mass you have daily. If you weigh 155, consume at least 155g's or protein daily. 1 or 2 shakes daily are fine, but its best for the protein to come from REAL food. IE tuna, beef, chicken, turkey. Choose lean means. You also need lots of complex carbs. Oatmeal, brown rice, potatoes, green veggies. Limit fats/fastfood. These really dont help much in gaining lean muscle.
2. Lift a lot. 4-5 days a week, 1 major muscle group per day, and you really only need to lift each group once a week (see rest). back/bi, chest/tri, LEGS, shoulders and throw in a ab/arms day if you feel like it. DO NOT SKIP YOUR LEGS. They are the biggest muscle group you have and most important for full body muscle developement
3. REST. You need at least 7-8hrs of sleep a night. Muscle growth happens at night and when you are resting, not while lifting.
4. Post workout shake. It should be roughly 40gs of protein and 80gs of dextrose (corn sugar). You need the dextrose to replenish your glycogen stores after they are depleadted during lifting. You need them to be full of glucose to aid the healing process. After all, the healing process IS the growing process. Eat time you lift, you tear the muscle fibers apart, then they heal they get larger.
5. DON'T BE LAZY. If you are serious about it, then be serious. Lolly gagging it just leads to no progress, you dont see results, you blame it on something, then you quit. So I repeat, DON'T BE LAZY.

Hardwork in the gym and a strict your diet will pay off. For workout routines, there are a TON on the web. Checkout ABCbodybuilding.com or bodybuilding.com

I started off working out wrong, didnt really see any gains in the gym. After 3 months of lifting, I was still only putting up 135.

Did some research, followed this plan, and in 4 months I put on 10-15lbs of lean mass, my bench went from 135 to 225, squating 315, and deadlifting 315

And stay away from GNC. They are way overpriced and the people there aren't very informed. They will tell you just about anything to seel their products.

I buy everything from 1fast400.com
Good Luck
Old 11-09-2005, 02:07 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by brucelee
If you really wanna gain weight... Go to a place called Max Muscle. They sell a product called "Big Max".... its a weight gainer forumla, but its not all heavy and weird like the GNC crap. Give it a try.

Eat three real meals a day, and drink three of those shakes in between (they arent that filling.)

In 5 months I gained 50lbs!

Make sure you're lifting weight.
If you really want to gain weight with protein for cheap, go buy some baby chicks for 50 cents each. Let them roam around while you protect them from wild animals and make sure they don't die. Then when they grow up, eat them.

You honestly gained 50lbs in 5 months. wow I've got someone to look up to, what wt to what wt?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by SG5
so with that side, will Prolabs Creatine help gain more weight or something? I'm pretty much an nub to this, so please forgive me =X

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here, is that if you are a n00b at working out you should REALLY get a personal trainer. A lot of muscular people you see will be like "o yeah, just go work out whatever" but this ignores the fact that a lot were athletes who had professional coaching on proper weight lifting like in high school and they don't even realize they are doing the subtle things that make up good form.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by verc
One thing that hasn't been mentioned here, is that if you are a n00b at working out you should REALLY get a personal trainer. A lot of muscular people you see will be like "o yeah, just go work out whatever" but this ignores the fact that a lot were athletes who had professional coaching on proper weight lifting like in high school and they don't even realize they are doing the subtle things that make up good form.

I wouldnt recomend this. Half the personal trainers ive heard talk are complete asshats and spew worthless information out of their mouth (like the whole low weight, high rep will get you cut, and doing 2000 situps a day will help with your sixpack)

The internet is a great resource. There are tons of websites with tons of information, not just on routines, but also with info on what each excercise does, and how to do it while maintaining proper form
Old 11-09-2005, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
That's like saying if you're sick don't go to the doctor because they're egomaniacs, or don't take your car to the shop because they'll just screw you. I'm a personal trainer, while some are dip****s, most certification programs include a pretty comprehensive list of material covered that really isn't in mainstream print. You'd be suprised at the level of ignorance in some fitness publications. Another thing you have to remember is that the fitness industry is constanty evolving, and what was cutting edge a few years ago, may now be obsolete.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by ucbsti
I wouldnt recomend this. Half the personal trainers ive heard talk are complete asshats and spew worthless information out of their mouth (like the whole low weight, high rep will get you cut, and doing 2000 situps a day will help with your sixpack)

The internet is a great resource. There are tons of websites with tons of information, not just on routines, but also with info on what each excercise does, and how to do it while maintaining proper form

I completely disagree with you and while I respect your opnion, people like you giving advice to newbies are the reason people screw up knees, backs, and just about every joint that gets stressed from weight lifting.

The internet is a great resource if you already have an athletic background. If you've got a guy who's never done anything physical his whole life and wants to start bodybuilding, the flood of crap from the internet has a chance of messing him up in ways he'll only realize 10 years later.

Although of course I do agree about the 2000 situps and low weight, high rep but honestly in real life I have never met a fitness expert who shared this opinion that 2000 situps a day would give six pack abs!

Last edited by verc; 11-09-2005 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:12 PM

I suppose im just a stickler

I just hate paying for services that are readily available for free. I suppose for some a personal trainer is the way to go. But once you learn all that you need and feel confident in the gym, I would stop using one at that point