Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:44 PM

Car Info: 1975 Ford Pinto
F Apple
Old 05-28-2010, 12:03 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Hollandaze
BTW, OSX's "right click" isn't truly a right click. It's just control+click programmed into the right button of the mouse. LOL. My friend pointed that out to me (he QAs hardware for a living and owns both a built PC and Macbook Pro).
Do you click with your right most finger on your right hand on the right mouse button?

Then it's a right click. And you can program it to do whatever the hell you want. It works the same way as a pc does. The ctrl feature was put in a long time ago for those still on single button mouses that wanted to do the things that right clicking does. I've been on multi-button mouses for as long as I can remember.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:04 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by eugenile
F Apple
To quote my OP... F U.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by TheOnlyLotus33
BWT, The retards are still using right-click because they can't figure out keyboard commands. Obviously you know nothing of Apple OS because there have been right-click options since the first version of OSX.
Actually version 9.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:37 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

dont forget this little gem from the article:

Ironically, it was Microsoft that saved Apple in 1997, when it pledged to develop applications for the Apple operating system and invested $150 million in the company.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0pCvG9uD3
i remember that press conference. steve jobs was on the stage meanwhile, a gigantic video screen with bill gates' face behind it, as it overshadowed him...
Old 05-28-2010, 12:56 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Mobile devices like the iPhone and iPod aside I can't ever see my self purchasing a Mac to replace PC. If Microsoft ever really takes a dump I'd just convert to Linux with a Xfce shell. Microsoft being terribad doesn't suddenly make Macs great beyond their mobile devices.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:55 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
START RANT:

For those of you who say F Apple, you'd be hard pressed to find any software engineer not using a macbook pro. Linux = "what the hell nobody makes drivers for this thing". OSX = best of both world between GUI and CLI.

Yeah macports sucks, nowhere near RPM or apt-get, but it's getting there.

F Windows.

OSX wins. Yes, it sucks for playing games, but that's what your Windows 7 gaming rig is for.

/thread

Last edited by verc; 05-28-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:58 AM

Also, for laptops - I dare any of you to go to the mac store and pick up a macbook pro. That is one sexy laptop, non of this plastic POS crap in the rest of the market.

And if you really care, you can just install windows on the macbook pro.

Lastly, you have to have a mac to do iPhone development. So there. Alright.... maybe non of this applies to y'all. But I code for a living so I care
Old 05-28-2010, 03:04 AM

LAST lastly, multitouch on Apple > all. Apple is all about the UI/UX, it's something no other company does as well.

Look I've been a hardcore Windows user AND developer (MSDN blows) for years. Trust me.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:53 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by verc
Also, for laptops - I dare any of you to go to the mac store and pick up a macbook pro. That is one sexy laptop, non of this plastic POS crap in the rest of the market.

And if you really care, you can just install windows on the macbook pro.

Lastly, you have to have a mac to do iPhone development. So there. Alright.... maybe non of this applies to y'all. But I code for a living so I care
1)My alienware is 10x better built and stronger than the MBP. That said the MBP is a nice setup, but its far to high priced for what little you get out of it.
2)No, not all software engineers use mac, in fact its a great minority of them that do. The current most used OS on the market is *gasp* windows.
3)No you do not need a mac to do app development for the iphone. The two OS share nothing in common (Unlike windows 7 and 7 mobil)
4)I doubt, looking at your triple post, your typing style, and your lack of basic sentence structure that you code anything.

Jump on the mac tit all you want folks, but...the simple fact is the industry standard is windows, it will never be mac. Cloud based software is fast flying out of development houses, but almost none of them are writing for mac based machines. This alone could in the next 4-8 years spell the death of the apple platform, unless they can find a way to get developers to start porting.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:11 AM

Car Info: 1975 Ford Pinto
Originally Posted by Overbear
1)My alienware is 10x better built and stronger than the MBP. That said the MBP is a nice setup, but its far to high priced for what little you get out of it.
2)No, not all software engineers use mac, in fact its a great minority of them that do. The current most used OS on the market is *gasp* windows.
3)No you do not need a mac to do app development for the iphone. The two OS share nothing in common (Unlike windows 7 and 7 mobil)
4)I doubt, looking at your triple post, your typing style, and your lack of basic sentence structure that you code anything.

Jump on the mac tit all you want folks, but...the simple fact is the industry standard is windows, it will never be mac. Cloud based software is fast flying out of development houses, but almost none of them are writing for mac based machines. This alone could in the next 4-8 years spell the death of the apple platform, unless they can find a way to get developers to start porting.
and just like that, lock this thread.. it is OVAAAAAA
Old 05-28-2010, 08:20 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
START RANT:

For those of you who say F Apple, you'd be hard pressed to find any software engineer not using a macbook pro. Linux = "what the hell nobody makes drivers for this thing".
why doesn't this lazy *** software engineer do his job and write some ****ing drivers?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:21 AM
plays well with others

and this is one very good reason to say "FU apple"
Old 05-28-2010, 08:23 AM
plays well with others

LAST lastly, multitouch on Apple > all. Apple is all about the UI/UX, it's something no other company does as well.

Look I've been a hardcore Windows user AND developer (MSDN blows) for years. Trust me.
then why cant they make a mouse that doesn't suck ***? every mouse they have ever made sucks ***. that's why even apple employees use standard MS two button mice on their computers.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:26 AM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by Overbear

holy intelligent post! but wrong on #3. in order to use the iphone ipad SDK and submit apps to the app store... you gota be on a mac closed platform ftl

Quick Reply: FU Apple haters!!!!!!