FU Apple haters!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:50 AM

Car Info: 07 rs STi swapped Rotated BW S200SX-56
The way I see it, buy what suits your needs. I can't use apple products at work for automation applications, so there is really no need for me to have it. I like PC and prefer it because I am comfortable with it. Nothing against apple, they just don't run allen-bradley software on it. I do have an iphone though and enjoy it.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:52 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i can see a twilight zone episode coming from all of this...
Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
The right click on my Logitech mouse works just fine on my Mac Mini, thanks. Mouse configuration in the system preference panel, any retard can use it on OSX. I'd rather not have Apple dominate the market share and replace Windows. Why? I don't want some hacker with a God complex to start making Mac viruses and pissing off graphic designers (me), music producers, hipsters, and college kids. I'm not into Mac snobriety anyway, I just call it "personal preference", but I don't rub it in anyone's face like some people.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 05-27-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:17 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
i own 4 apple computers and im still an apple hater.

hate the software, love the hardware and design.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I'm on my second apple computer, and it wasn't from the laptop failing, it was from the dog trying to water it. I got my MacBook in September of 06 and it was running fine until the accident. In that same amount of time I had already gone through two PC laptops failing from hardware issues. When the MacBook left us there was no question in my mind about going back to PC.

The proprietary things do irritate me sometimes though.

Oh, and for the flash/iPhone issues...
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/
Old 05-27-2010, 11:40 AM

Car Info: 04 WRX & 01 NEON "SRT0"
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
But hell the only thing decent microsoft has been able to do in the last 10 years is the XBox 360 and stealing Apple's OS.
yeah def best thing they made is xbox and it still has major problems
Old 05-27-2010, 11:45 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
how did I know Overbear would be the first PC **** in the thread. Dude... don't you ****ing understand that pretty much anyone with a brain uses a right click mouse these days... wtf.

as for your CAD theory.... who gives a crap. Not to many people are gonna spend $25k on a PC and not that many people need to. Oh.. and it's not that no mac is capable it's that Autodesk doesn't see the point in moving the program over to Apple because CAD programmers us PC's. If I'm not mistaken OSX has OpenGL support and Rivit has been tested and works on mac's. Oh... and you can build a PLENTY powerful Mac these days if you have the dough... same as PC.

3D software runs just fine on Mac's. And as for high end graphics... you're smoking crack. I've built files on a crappy *** underpowered GS3 that CRASHED the high power PC's at the printer. I've built billboards, semi-truck graphics and even building graphics on Mac. You're stuck in 1997 with the PC I spent $7000 on that's in my basement toasted.

I can build MASSIVE graphic files on my tiny little Macbook.

As for your pacbell statement... most companies buy other companies tech then improve on it.. .least that's what the big ones do. Oh... and I worked for pacbell for over 7 years. I'm well aware of their development... and the fact they bought a good portion of the product "they" developed.

The OSX platform is a long established technology that many have used. Mac has done it the best and the last 2 PC OS's have had BLATANT elements that they attempted to use and tweak that they failed at. Even industry experts agree.

Bottom line is that microsoft WAS way ahead of the game but the only reason they are still "industry" standard with things like word and powerpoint is NOT because it's a better product it's because there are SO many out there and so many people used to them through the 90's. Industry standard does not mean best available product. Hell Pages is WAY better than word.

Everything in the microsoft office is underpowered, over limited and crappy. Period.

I have no issues with PC's. I can work on one just as easily as I can a mac. It's just different key short cuts and they are plenty capable machines. It's no the PC I have issue with... it's microsoft.

There is a reason they made such drastic changes to their OS and if they are smart will start to make them to their software... they're tech is ANCIENT.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by pr0jectmayhem
yeah def best thing they made is xbox and it still has major problems
I forgot about their mouses. They have pretty solid mouses. I use the same model in wired and wireless depending on what machine I'm on. But I'm sure Logitech probably build it.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Oh, and for the flash/iPhone issues...
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/
http://truegryc.blogspot.com/2010/05...-on-flash.html
bottom line, steve wants all apple customers to use itune store. (profit)

apple vs microsoft is over.
its going to be google vs everything else and i will fully support google on become the real life skynet.

Last edited by Jin; 05-27-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:50 AM
General Pimpin'

Yeah google is doing some crazy stuff right now. I really wish they had let me get in on their going public.

I was talking to my mom about it the other day and she says... honey I could have done that for you. I had $50k I was gonna drop on it but you had to meet all these other requirements. $250k in active stocks... stuff like that. I didn't meet them. My mom is like, you should have talked to me about that. I was like... WTF!

I could have made so much money... let see...
$50k at say $100 a share. I think if I remember right it was actually purchased around $47 and openned at $108... been a while. But we'll call it $100. It's currently $490 and it's been higher. So we'll call it $500 for rounding up. Call it $250,000 without the compounding interest over the years and the flux and build up. I think it safe to say that my $50k would be around $300k right now. Grrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:27 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Yea...I don't trust google, they are up to something.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Overbear
Yea...I don't trust google, they are up to something.
Evidently...

and I think someone hates me!

grrrrr.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:35 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX 5dr
Apple:
-No embedded support: Check
-Not supported by my engineering softwares: Check
-Costs twice as much as a PC: Check
-Proprietary BS: Check

So, no thanks, you can keep your pretty box.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:46 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
and dude, who in the hell are you working around that spends 25k on a VDC computer? We run just fine on Dell laptops 16gig of ram (32 in some) and win 7 pro X64 (yea ok they come to almost 11k in price per laptop)
Old 05-27-2010, 12:50 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Took them this long? HAH! With what..........mp3 players and ipads (which was obsolete technology the moment it was released)? HAH X2!!

All Apple is..........is a pretty box with a thin product. People pretty much jumped on the bandwagon and do not know what the **** they are doing.

Dont get me wrong, PC's arent all that. Everything has issues......but apple's?? HAHAHAHAHAHAH COME ON!!!!

Quick Reply: FU Apple haters!!!!!!