FU Apple haters!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
FU Apple haters!!!!!!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BUDJ1DL0IU.DTL

Just goes to show you what can happen to great tech when they get get lazy. Microsoft stopped working on making quality software a LONG time ago and basically rested in the fact that every business computer was all microsoft all pc. But that is changing and hopefully it's too late for microsoft to change the momentum. I'd love to see Apple prices continue to drop, their market share continue to rise and be able to work on a Mac without having to fight with what doesn't work on PC's.

And yes I'm aware that ipod, ipad, and iphone sales are driving this.

But hell the only thing decent microsoft has been able to do in the last 10 years is the XBox 360 and stealing Apple's OS.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 AM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
Nice article! I've been a Mac at home for 8 years now and have no complaints. I've been a PC at work as long as I can remember and recently got Windows 7. I must admit W7 is nice, but nothing beats my Macbook.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:50 AM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
i like macs and apple products. but considering their price-fixing practices and the proprietary limitations, i would hate to see them dominate the market.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
**** proprietary garbage and an MP3 player that can't even play MP3s. No thanks.

-Brian
Old 05-27-2010, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
im just glad i can eject my ext HD without a stupid PC saying "cannot eject" when nothing is accessing it!

photo booth is nice to use as a rearview mirror when using your laptop in the ghetto.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 AM

Car Info: 2005 forester
GO APPLE! I have owned aplles when they wer apples not mac's and now have over 3k in a tower and its very stable unlike windows... I love all the people that think iphones are the only thing apple makes....ha-ha
Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Apple products, for people too stupid to figure out what a right click is.

Sorry but your wrong, MS products are strong, work well, and are the industry standard across the board. Go on, try to find a mac that can run a full 200gig CAD in Revit...oh wait you can't because no mac ever built can handle it.

Lets look at the OS, can the mac os do true multi thread processing...nope. Can it conform to industry standard log in security and password encryption, nope. When was the last time you saw a apple product capable of running a register OS, or run on a hand held scanner (btw even apple stores use Microsoft hand held for their printer/charge card machines).

Apple is a great product...for people who don't need a power machine, high end graphics (cad/revit/DWG/VDC), or high end gaming. However when it comes down to powerful cloud based apps, high end/heavy use graphics, and large crunch database builds, MS is where things are and will stay.

*EDIT* and do note this, MS didn't steel any OS, Apple stole their idea from a company called GEO, that bought the rights to the GUI system from pacbell in the late 70's. The whole "X company stole Y tech" in that argument is just stupid as hell. Pacbell developed the GUI, DOS system, the mouse, Serial port protocol, and quite a number of other techs long before apple existed.

Last edited by Overbear; 05-27-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:21 AM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
**** proprietary garbage and an MP3 player that can't even play MP3s. No thanks.

-Brian
Are you talking about the iPod? The only media file it doesnt play is WMA.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:23 AM

yeah my MBP isnt as PRO as i thought...but its still nice.

I cant even scroll thru my photos without it freezing for a whole minute every 10 pictures...$2500 for that!?

I want to make a sticker that says "iFrze" and put the "O" over the illuminted apple logo haha.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:34 AM

[QUOTE=Overbear;2878028]Apple products, for people too stupid to figure out what a right click is.

Sorry but your wrong, MS products are strong, work well, and are the industry standard across the board.
QUOTE]

ok whatever but Ill put my apple up agaist any consumer machine in vidioe rendering and I will smoke it ! I gan capture and edit vidieo on the fly.

As far as being strong???? my work machines have way more blue screens of death in one month than my apple does in a year? and I never power down my apple its always just sleeping... and it looks great doing it to.

The only reason you dont see apples in more office spaces is price point. dreamworks uses apples only for all their movies? thats power!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
yeah my MBP isnt as PRO as i thought...but its still nice.

I cant even scroll thru my photos without it freezing for a whole minute every 10 pictures...$2500 for that!?

I want to make a sticker that says "iFrze" and put the "O" over the illuminted apple logo haha.
you need more ram!!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by turfshark
i like macs and apple products. but considering their price-fixing practices and the proprietary limitations, i would hate to see them dominate the market.
this.

Im not an apple hater, but they are making the same mistakes now that nearly made them go under in the 90s.

back in the days of command line dos, apple had a sleek graphical windows based system that ran on their cute little computers. they sold hardware with their software. (sound kinda like an iphone to you?)

bill gates and microsoft took (stole, whatever you want to say here. its not relevant) the concept of that os with point and click, drag and drop, but made it with the goal of being able to be used on any vendors pc hardware.

whether or not you love apple products now doesnt change the fact that one model clearly CRUSHED the other. Just absolutely destroyed it. And its nice that Apple has been able to become profitable again thanks to ipod/pad/phone sales, but it doesnt change the fact that they are basically running their business the same way they always have.

And its no longer a "Im a Mac, Im a PC" world, Google is "Microsofting" apple right now; Be everywhere, be easy to adopt, be the market leader.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
who cares lol
Old 05-27-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by boxerfxt
you need more ram!!
Ram on brother!

Old 05-27-2010, 10:49 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
I despise Apple for the same reasons as turfshark.

Microsoft is a necessary evil that I put up with but I in no way support.

GOOGLE on the other hand - I whole heartily support and will continue to support free and open internet, open source software, non-proprietary stance and easy/simplicity of use.

Quick Reply: FU Apple haters!!!!!!