Old 05-29-2003, 08:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally posted by buymeasti
check your PM box

no... you check yours.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:58 AM

hey.
does this have the fitting that the MAF attaches to....the one that is not for the STI but rather for our usdm spec ones?
i heard that with these intakes, the manifold thing that connects to it is too big, so it throws off MAF readings.
also, even if it had this piece, wouldn't the car run lean because of the extra air?
Old 05-30-2003, 07:58 AM
VIP Member

I have heard both sides and all te pros/cons. this intake does have the sensor mount and all the materials to mount the MAF... I should knoe cause i mounted it. I didn't get a CEL either.... you need to search for how to clear your engine's memory. that's al you do.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:19 AM

Car Info: 02 STi
Come on guys...this is an awesome intake and a GREAT deal!!
The guys that know what they are looking for and know about this intake will ****** it up as soon as they see this deal.

So, BUMP!!!!

-freddie
Old 05-30-2003, 11:54 AM

i know it comes with the mount to put the sensor on, but the thing is the diamter is too wide and not fitted for US spec intakes.
what are the pros and cons exactly.

i dont know whether or not blitz made the fitting for us spec motors, i was told that to get it to fix right, one woudl have to take the fitting from a k&n intake kit.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:55 AM

Old 05-30-2003, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
I all fairness, this is a thread the SELL the Intake...to someone who knows it is a good intake and has been looking for a good deal on one.

All technical questions about it should be asked on another thread or do a "search". Then AFTER the research is done, and that person wants it...well, here it is.

-freddie
Old 05-30-2003, 12:32 PM

yeah. i see what ur saying.
dont be confused guys! this is a great intake. i am only technical about the details because i like to know specifics about each part to keep my subaru parts knowledge plentiful

if u dont have a stock motor, as in you having aftermarket turbo...etc...then this is the perfect intake.
plus...this intake sounds great. in enhances the engine noises. and who doesnt' like to have a loud motor that everyone will look out when u rev it up.

-alex
Old 05-30-2003, 01:13 PM
VIP Member

I know you're just putting in you 2cents and that's cool. Thanks for the sales pitch by the way.

I know the sensor fits because i mounted it well W/O problems or CEL. I even offerd to install the filter (takes 15-20 minutes w/silencer removed) for Buymeasti (the guy wanting it) just to make it faster for him and to say thanks. Like i said before.... it's just not my taste. worked fine just too loud when you have a wife and kids on the way (future plans... gotta think ahead).

Sale is pending for Buymeasti... he's supposed to meet me this saturday... if he shows WOOHOO if not i'll let this rest for a while and sell it in the future.

thanks, eric

Last edited by Salty; 05-30-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:15 PM

Sent you another PM
Old 06-02-2003, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by Sisqocqk
I know you're just putting in you 2cents and that's cool. Thanks for the sales pitch by the way.

I know the sensor fits because i mounted it well W/O problems or CEL. I even offerd to install the filter (takes 15-20 minutes w/silencer removed) for Buymeasti (the guy wanting it) just to make it faster for him and to say thanks. Like i said before.... it's just not my taste. worked fine just too loud when you have a wife and kids on the way (future plans... gotta think ahead).

Sale is pending for Buymeasti... he's supposed to meet me this saturday... if he shows WOOHOO if not i'll let this rest for a while and sell it in the future.

thanks, eric
I'm a very bad man I couldnt make it up to meet him this weekend, but he is a very nice guy, so the least I can do is give you a free bump!

If I head bac up to sacramento any time soon I'll drop you a PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by buymeasti
I'm a very bad man I couldnt make it up to meet him this weekend, but he is a very nice guy, so the least I can do is give you a free bump!

If I head bac up to sacramento any time soon I'll drop you a PM.

Hey what can i say.. Sh*t happens. You were very cool too. I'll hold on to the intake for a while just incase you make it to sacto area.

But if i don't hear from you for a while im gonna go ahead and try selling it again... Im sure you understand.

Eric
Old 06-02-2003, 11:12 AM

Totally understand

Sounds like you have one guy interested already!

Quick Reply: FS: Brand spankin' new Blitz SUS