Forced Entry, what a *****

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:17 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by Lurk
Can you reference a case where a BG's family sued and actually won against someone involved in a good shoot?
just the shear act of being sued is traumatic enough.

remember YOU WERE the victim of a crime.

you just used your GOD given (and the US constitution) rights to defend yourself and your family from death.

now, after days, if not weeks of being questioned by the police, the district attorney, and after spending your hard earned money to get a lawyer to make sure you stay out of jail, then you are hit with a double whammy of having to defend yourself in CIVIL COURT.

the family of the person you just shot and killed are suing you for wrongful death suit.

and now, the second nightmare begins...

more lawyer fees.

more harrasment from the other side's family, PRESS, neighbors, etc...

unfortunately, in kalifornia, we live in such a society where as responsibility is no longer a requirement to be a productive member of the society.

where criminals have more rights than the victims.

you think you just had a rightful SHOOT.

but in the end, even if you win the civil lawsuit, you are flat broke, you divorced your wife and so on and so on...
Old 07-12-2008, 12:22 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by glenspen
I'd rather face a lawsuit than harm to my family. I've got a great lawyer and I'll take my chances in court anyday.

as the old saying goes, "better to be judged by 12, than to be carried by 6..."
Old 07-12-2008, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Is it true if you shoot at the waist down or knee down it's not homicide?

Last edited by Hatteroo; 07-12-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:43 AM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Originally Posted by Hatteroo
as long as they dont die...homicide=killing. I believe your thinking of an extremity shot.

and thanks joltdude, just a lil pi****
Old 07-12-2008, 06:41 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
wow thankfully all is ok.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
let's be real here.

if "you" were in the house (oh wait someone was) and someone was smashing your window (oh wait someone did) and they wanted in, DO YOU THINK they are coming for a drink of water....WTF. He/She/They are coming in to take what they want....which in turn may be your wife, son/daughter, LIFE; if you are in the way.

I don't know what you think criminals are but they are bad people. If he was really a "good samaritan" and just wanted to kick it and free load for some good food and a coke, they would of knocked on the door; NOT SMASHED THE WINDOW and try to force themselves in.

The real question is how would the victim (Pactin) feel if he had woken up and been greeted by the perp(s); do you think he would of been scared? Happy? Fearful? or welcoming?

Pretty sure we all know the answer to that, in the court of law that gives you the GOD GIVEN RIGHT PROTECTED BY OUR GREAT CONSTITUION TO DEFEND AND PROTECT OUR LOVED ONES.

I would bet my life that if the victim (Pactin) did in fact wake up and was a witness to this happening, this would be a very different conversation...maybe worse, we might be reading a newspaper article or hearing it on the news. Thankfully not, thankfully a lesson is learned and a family protects home base from any intruder(s).

And so be a lawsuit; the term means nothing in California...we all have lawyers.

and maybe my lawyer is better than yours

-Noah
Old 07-12-2008, 09:58 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by Hatteroo

there's a lot into this one sentence.

one thing the law takes into effect is whether you were shooting because to cause harm to another human being or you were shooting FOR SELF DEFENSE.

lets take the first case. at most, you would be charged with attempted murder. now, the degree in which you would be charged is the intent. for example, first degree murder is that you intended to murder someone and had planned it out. second degree is that you murdered someone but didnt intended to... for example, you were drunk at a bar... got into a fight with someone and you punched someone and they fell on the floor and they died...

now, if the shoot was a valid self defense, it's up to you give enough evidence to help your case. like making sure you dont shoot them in the back.

in kalif, the laws say once the threat is gone, you cant go around hunting them down.

wait... i went on a tangent there trying to answer the question...

homicide, as per kalif's laws is when one human KILLS another human being.

so, even if you shoot a person and dont kill then, you cant be charged with homicide. doesnt matter where you shoot them.

remember though, a person can still die from wounds suffered from the waist down. for example, the femoral artery in the upper leg. if that is cut, the person can bleed out and die...

every gun owner in kalif who keeps one for self defense should have a lawyer in hand just in cases like these. or at least their phone number on speed dial...
Old 07-12-2008, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'm glad I'm moving out of this assbackwards state
Old 07-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
common sense:

NEVER pull a firearm or a weapon unless you are willing to use deadly force, weapons are to KILL (and this very well could mean a spoon even).

In the movies people threaten each other with, "take one more step and I'll really shoot, I mean it" that is all Liberal movie making BS.

if you pull any weapon, you are commited to using it. If you aren't; that very weapon in most cases will be used against you...and good b/c you are stupid for not using it and trying to "scare/intimidate" someone. The BS can be seen and smelt a mile away and believe you me; any criminal can sense it.

-Noah
Old 07-13-2008, 10:01 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Originally Posted by ldivinag
every gun owner in kalif who keeps one for self defense should have a lawyer in hand just in cases like these. or at least their phone number on speed dial...

who wants to invent the combination 357 magnum/iPhone? It'd take 7days to activate, HA!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
contempo sux... my cousins used to live there... the kids there suck, the people in general suck... i mean come on, they drink and smoke at the park across the street a block away from church man.. yea, i hate contempo.. haha, the end
Old 07-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by Lurk
Can you reference a case where a BG's family sued and actually won against someone involved in a good shoot?
north hollywood bank robbers.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9704/12/bank.s...uit/index.html
Old 07-14-2008, 07:38 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
IIRC, the perp must try to gain entrance to your domicile before DF can be used.
Throwing rocks at the window...maybe, as the perp could be "vandalizing".
Knocks hole in window & inserts hand to open window...smoke 'em.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I was actually looking into the Townhomes for sale around there to buy. I'll now be steering clear of that area.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:40 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I was actually looking into the Townhomes for sale around there to buy. I'll now be steering clear of that area.
glad I could narrow down your decisions haha....
But seriously, its an "okay" area as far as most of what I experience. There are just some instances of thieving (eg: an electric reindeer the folks bought for christmas in the front yard).

OKay....maybe its a lil below the "okay" level

Were you looking to buy the new ones being built across from the church bluwrxwgn?

-Justin

Quick Reply: Forced Entry, what a *****