FML! Can anyone help out? Please?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 06:14 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2003 Yellow
Unhappy FML! Can anyone help out? Please?

So after last night a wonderful Thanksgiving meal I woke up this morning for work and thought to myself damn, it's going to be a great day. WRONG! As I am driving and 5 blocks away from work I hear clunking through my rear passenger wheel well and think that don't sound too good b/c I hear the clunking still going for a 1/4 of the block. I say that can not be a good thing in any sort of way b/c it didn't sound like rocks or gravel. Mind you it's dark out still when I'm driving to work. So I get to work, park in front and I open the door, and all I hear is a loud hissing sound. I walk to the back tire and bam, there's something in there! I think to myself this is a pretty messed up situation at 6am. I have no spare in my trunk and no space saver jack to get my car up. Spare tire went out on me a couple years back and just never replaced it. Now I'm sitting here at work with no spare and no tools. Can someone please help me out. I leave here at about 2pm so if I could get someone out here to help me that would be awesome!
Old 11-26-2010, 06:44 AM

Somebody? Anybody?
Old 11-26-2010, 07:05 AM

Car Info: '06 Wagon
where do you work?
Old 11-26-2010, 07:23 AM

Even worse, I thought it was just one tire, I walk out to check and it's both. I work at Le Colonial on 20 Cosmo Place. It's in the alley way that's between Jones and Taylor. FML! I have my set of "OLD" tires on my old steelies at home w/ my jack at home. Just no way to get to them...

Last edited by Chef WRX; 11-26-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:55 AM

Car Info: wrx02
Taxi, friends, coworker, ......

Last edited by willow; 11-26-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:10 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Oooff Right smack dab in the middle of downtown SF... That is a bit of a hike for me. Tow truck? AAA?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:20 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
If my Outback had enough gas in the tank right now, I would be able to help you. Sadly, that is not the case and as of now, I don't have the funds to fill up to get to SF.

Hope someone else is able to help you!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:22 AM

I'm thinking AAA. I know there's a Firestone on Bush. Thanks for the ideas guys, gonna call the g/f and see if she's awake. Hopefully they're repairable until I can get new tires. Was planning on doing that sometime after Xmas. Eh, I figure things can be worse right? At least I have a Tylenol 3's and 2 Vics......but I'll start w/ the 3 at about 9ish and the Vics later on in the day. Nothing say good bye to a rough start than some pain killers! It's just this happens **** happens to me and it's not even daylight out yet. I go outside since there's daylight out to look at my tire and low and behold in the back one there's a small key in it?!?!?!? WTF!?!? I can't see what's in the front one though. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Having the tires go flat is one thing, but someone sabotaging a fellow Subaru driver is another.

That is ****ed up if it was vandalism.

Anyways, yes, please do make use of your contacts.

Also, I would gladly help anyone with a roadside issue (jump start, out of gas and need short tow to gas station, tools, stuck in mud, etc) within the South Bay. Shame you're so far away, I would've glady helped. Best of luck, keep us updated.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:40 AM

Car Info: Foz
that is weak, hopefully no one messed with the suby, thatd be weak! but waht are the chances both tires are going to go flat? someone had to have done something....
Old 11-26-2010, 09:58 AM

Well, as of now both tires are flat. I got about 4 more hours of work. When I'm an hour from getting off I'll call AAA and send my *** over to Bush and Larkin to see the damage and in all hopes that it will be repairable. If not I'll have to replace 2 tires....which is kinda weak b/c it's AWD. My other tires have decent tread on them too....I'd say a good 50% tread...
Old 11-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
If you want to, you can reuse your two old tires in the back, put two new ones in the front. Just remember to put ~3psi more in the rear tires than the front.

I always have the rears a little more full than front, gets rid of a few clunks and noises in my car and it helps you rotate the back end!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:38 PM

Thanks guys, so my awesome g/f came by w/ a pump refilled the tires and took it to the shop for me. The plan is to get 2 new tires in the front. The key although small punctured a hole too big for repair. Thanks for the tip Gancherov! Will do until I get new tires. Also my current tires have been discontinued. So I will have Potenzas up front and Yoko Avids in the rear. Planning on hitting up tirerack for some tires for sure though.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
damn sucks, glad you got it taken care of, Im right down there street from there but I just sold my last set of spare wheel/tires hope it all goes ok
Old 11-26-2010, 02:47 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Better hope you don't destroy your center diff with only 2 tires. Have the shop measure them and make sure there isn't more than 1/4" difference in circumference.

Quick Reply: FML! Can anyone help out? Please?