Flying Lizard ALMS Porsche Driver deserves to be banned (awesome video)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'm a huge Porsche fan, and I really don't like Magnussen, but what I saw at the end of that race was totally wrong!

He used far too much force when the Porsche rammed the vette into the wall. He didn't have to do that AT ALL, a little tap maybe, but he went beyond anything that was reasonable and his intention was not to regain his speed or finish the race, he wanted revenge and it was clear as day in that video.

If someone broke into my house wielding a knife and threatening my life, I have ever right to use force to end the threat, but does that mean I can shoot the guy 11 times in the face with my shotgun? Hell no it doesn't and you better believe that my *** would go to prison for that because it's totally unreasonable and unnecessary. One shot would have stopped the threat, the other 10 shots were only to satisfy my lust for revenge, which is what Bergmeister did at the end of that race. Normally I wouldn't be sticking up for Magnussen, but that was a total BS move. Whatever happened to good sportsmanship? Bergmeister would have been seen as a total sportsman and regarded highly amongst the racing community if he would have just kept going straight to finish the race without trying to destroy that vette.

Everything that led up to that final moment was all part of racing, but putting someone into a wall like that when you are not forced to do so is total BS.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
I didn't see a ram. I saw a Porsche crowding him into the wall so that he had a choice; apply the brakes and cede the position because he could not safely complete the pass, or hit the wall. The Vette was running loose on the whole back half of the track, and went from a full carlength of gap under braking to ramming straight into the rear of the Porsche.

That's a premeditated move to put a competitor off because you can't make a pass the clean way - just like dropping into the pitlane a few minutes prior, trying to ram through on the racing line when you can't accomplish a clean pass off 2, etc.

Pull that **** enough and the guy you're trying to **** over is going to let you have it. Where Magnussen hit the Porsche, he could have easily sent him into the corner of the start-finish wall, so he's not innocent in this by a long shot - he could have created the exact same incident short of the finish line instead of past it.

Last edited by sybir; 10-12-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:49 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
nope nope.

Sorry you guys don't know the rules apparently. What gives him the right to hold his position this isn't nascar? He sees the vette has a path to go around him being in the faster car and he decides he rather wreck the guy than let him race.people move over when there is a faster car behind. Also They have already spoken out against it.

Have you guys ever seen a whole race???

This was a 4hr race, you didn't see the whole thing. You don't slow your own laptime down to wreck somebody else WHO IS IN A DIFFERENT CLASS. You can edge someone out, not steer them off the track.

Unfortunately you must not know about LEMANS races, as it's very obvious to me and many people on the forums the PORSCHE was parking, which is braking harder than he needs too in an attempt to **** up the corvette, thats why he got bumped.

Also anybody who knows anything about racing would be even more disgusted since the porsche place was secure for season standing, he is in gt2 vs. the corvettes gt1 (corvette is faster).

I'm going to bet 25 dollars on the fact Bergmeister isn't back at Laguna Seca for a long while.

I don't see how you could think the corvette is at fault? Because you saw 1 lap? instead of the whole race?
wow dude, get your g-string out of a knot.. You must own stock in the Sinking Bowtie. For the past few years the RSR's were faster than the C5R.GT and C6R.GT. even when Corvette was in GT1 they were keeping up with them. Explain how they are slower now?

And remember, this is ALMS, AMERICAN Le Mans Serins, not the real European Le Mans series.....
Old 10-12-2009, 06:04 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwXugrQXaM

watch him wreck him at the end.How can the guy not be banned from racing, and it appears hes not even penalized.
**** that, watch it the corvette owner intentionally tried to get up under the porsche and put him in the wall on that final turn. The porsche just payed back the favor at the wall. GOOD FOR HIM, that ****tard in the vette should be striped of his license and booted from all motorsports for good.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
agreed
Old 10-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
i keep watching that last part and i think the camera angle seems a little deceiving because the "straight" is actually coming right. bergmeister absolutely pushed him out to the wall, but i didn't think he pushed him in to the wall. you can't see it well, but it looks to me like magnussen still had a lane pushed towards bergmeister and made contact with the porsche before hitting the wall. looks to me like he got loose after contact.

again, can't see it perfectly, but it looks like when the 'vette makes contact his rear wheel is in front of the flying lizard's wheel and he isn't in the wall yet. looks like right after contact the 'vette goes left and in to the wall, but it doesn't look to me like he got rammed in to the wall. at least not all the way. or maybe the camera is playing with my mind b/c of the angle.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
slow your an idiot haha. Stop getting so angry and defensive over this.

If your such an expert, how did you not realize Corvette Racing built two new GT2 Vette's for this years ALMS since the Gt1 class is now dead?

"Haven't you ever seen a full race" - Obviously you haven't since they have been talking about the GT2 Corvette's all season.

Nice one!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by blue blurr
slow your an idiot haha. Stop getting so angry and defensive over this.

If your such an expert, how did you not realize Corvette Racing built two new GT2 Vette's for this years ALMS since the Gt1 class is now dead?

"Haven't you ever seen a full race" - Obviously you haven't since they have been talking about the GT2 Corvette's all season.

Nice one!
uh Magnussen came in second in the gt1 standings?

http://www.americanlemans.com/index_results.php

nice one!

you sure you aren't the idiot?

Thats what they said as well while I was at the race at laguna. Also the announcer was horrified at that behavior, definitely not kosher. Anyone who says the corvette tried to put the porsche into the wall, thats a joke and your retarded or blind. The porsche slows down extra to steal the energy from the vette in the last turn at a hope to bump himself to the finish, when that failed he wrecked the guy. Was the best race i've ever seen besides that.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 10-12-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Sweet - an idiot contest!

Who will be the winner.......
Old 10-12-2009, 10:23 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
i was supposed to go i had good seats
Old 10-12-2009, 10:35 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
uh Magnussen came in second in the gt1 standings?

http://www.americanlemans.com/index_results.php

nice one!

you sure you aren't the idiot?

Thats what they said as well while I was at the race at laguna. Also the announcer was horrified at that behavior, definitely not kosher. Anyone who says the corvette tried to put the porsche into the wall, thats a joke and your retarded or blind. The porsche slows down extra to steal the energy from the vette in the last turn at a hope to bump himself to the finish, when that failed he wrecked the guy. Was the best race i've ever seen besides that.
hahaha

HE STOLE MY ENERGIES!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Sweet - an idiot contest!

Who will be the winner.......
Old 10-13-2009, 02:07 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRC STi and a Brat
Ah Slow04wrx, Magnussen came in 2nd in the GT1 class because of results from earlier in the year when they were in the GT1 class. Ever since the Mid Ohio round of the American Lemans series Corvette was racing their new GT2 class cars and scoring points in that class. I was at the race watching the end from the top of turn one. I know what I saw but I still can't figure out who to fault for what happened. They both were guilty of more than one infraction. If you have just seen the you tube clips that doesn't show everything that happened between these two at this race. All I can say is that it was the most entertaining end of a race that I have seen live and in person. Even if they didn't have the big crash at the end it still would have been the best finish of a race I have seen live. By the way the ALMS officials kept the results the same but put both drivers on probation for the first two races of next season. My two favorite teams going at it. Can't wait for it all to start up next spring at Sebring. ALMS racing is where it is at now.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:53 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
hahaha

HE STOLE MY ENERGIES!!!
I got to ask it, why are people like slow still allowed to post on i-club? I mean, shouldn't there be some kind of basic IQ test before you get an account, like, if you can't show atleast a IQ of 90, sorry you can't post.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:24 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Originally Posted by sybir
All of you guys saying the Vette was faster....tell me again how that works when the RSR was in first at the end of the race? He just ended up there magically?

Just because the car is faster doesn't mean it can't be trailing. The Vettes are really fast on the straights. Not quite as fast in the turns. There is a lot more to a four hour long race that contributes to position - pits, yellows, etc can all change running order. The Corvettes were leading class for a very decent amount of time. Early on there were quite a few yellows and full course cautions that brought out the pace car. People pitted, others didn't. It led to some interesting position changes.

Speaking of fast cars... the Acura P1 is scary fast. That thing had NO problem moving around ANYTHING else on the track.

Quick Reply: Flying Lizard ALMS Porsche Driver deserves to be banned (awesome video)