Fix it ticket no more?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 04wrx
Fix it ticket no more?

I just got pulled over AGAIN for my exhaust in daly city at the SAME SPOT. The cop issued me a fix it ticket he even said oh "you're lucky, im just giving you a fix it ticket", so I take off my exhaust and put my stock one back on. I bring my car to the police station thinking oh Ima just get it signed off and pay 10 bucks. Buttt the chick at the front desk said that there is a new rule, cops cant sign off tickets anymore and that I have to bring it to a professional, she gave me a card to go make an appointment with a "CERTIFIED REFEREE"... wth? Is this the same as going to see a state ref? I have my stock catback on right now but with a helix up/dp uncated and a vf34 setup.

what should I do? convert back all the way stock or just risk it with just the stock catback on?
Old 07-06-2006, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
crappy

I would take the extra time and effort to put everything back to stock. Its not worth the hassle of having to come back and getting re-checked or risking a bigger fine. Sorry to hear about the ticket. I was lucky enough to get a ticket driving into work tonight.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:44 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
wasn't there a post exactly like this?
Old 07-06-2006, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon and 08 Civic Si
id do the downpipe back to stock too then go have a pretest done some place to see if it will pass if it wont pass then you gotta go back to stock
trust me the ref will not be a nice guy his job is to fail cars not pass them.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:38 PM

Car Info: bugeye WAR wagon
where in DC were u rolled @? i myself try to stay offa mission...
Old 07-06-2006, 09:54 PM

damn.

im always in d.c, s.sf., s.f. Damn cops. Wait for the ticket. see how much the fine is and just pay it instead of goign to state ref. There is some thread about that.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:09 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Originally Posted by stylin525
im always in d.c, s.sf., s.f. Damn cops. Wait for the ticket. see how much the fine is and just pay it instead of goign to state ref. There is some thread about that.

I agree. If you can go with just paying the fine, just pay it. I am glad I am not in that area anymore. I've been pulled over there twice before and I am not about to give them anymore of my money. Too bad SEMA is not doing any good for the car folks.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by stylin525
Oh I didnt even think of that, I can just pay it off. but wouldn't it be like $400-$500.

but yeah daly city is getting more and more strict, before the cops would just give me a warning and tell me to go home, now even when I roll pass them in neutral they pop me for a loud exhaust.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:07 AM

Well i just called the number for the certfied referee, the lady I spoke with said that it is the state ref and hes only going to check for whatever's written on the ticket.( modified exhaust (noise)). I guess my question is can he check for anything else, and pop my as$ for something bigger like no cats?

Last edited by wrxguy; 07-07-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:11 AM
tya

Car Info: 3Z TT
cops are very racist int he bay area; if you are an asian male in a modded car watch out its hunting season
Old 07-07-2006, 09:19 AM

Location: My lugnuts require more torque then your Honda makes
Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by tya
cops are very racist int he bay area; if you are an asian male in a modded car watch out its hunting season
I don't think so, I did a lot of stupid things when I was younger in the city and they always let me go.

One time a cop pulled me over in the Sunset for
-speeding
-no insurance
-no registration
-no seatbelt
-modified exhaust

and he let me go =X and I was driving my friend's car and I didn't know she didn't have those papers
Old 07-07-2006, 10:23 AM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
IIRC if you pay off a state ref ticket, your car will be red flagged by the po po's
Old 07-07-2006, 11:23 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by tya
wow, my token black *** is finally safe......

wait, no it isnt
Old 07-07-2006, 02:03 PM

damn ima jjust risk it, they cant do anything right just a sound test. ahh plus its going to be at skyline college. Does anyone know someone from there? that can hook me up hahah.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I would try taking it to a chp office. I've gotten 3 tickets for exhaust and the chp office always signs them off. Newark pd told me they couldn't sign off cause they didn't have a db tester. chp didn't even bother testing, just looked at the back of the car and saw it was stock.

Quick Reply: Fix it ticket no more?