First Ticket, have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 10:23 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by motoracr22
Found an error, the officer wrote 5:40 AM....not 5:40 PM...! I was sleeping haha! does that work?!?! Please oh please.
I'd run with this one...however, keep in mind that the CHP have proof readers that review tickets for correctness. If they send you a letter admitting the error, you might be SOL on this defence.

Part of your defence should include the officer's schedule for the day you received the ticket. This can be had from the CHP office that he/she works out of.

Also, I believe that the officer has to visually establish your speed before using RADAR; if it can be shown that the layout of the road & the officer's location prevented him from visually estimating your speed, this can also be used in your favor.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:50 PM

Car Info: 96' Impreza GM4
I took the road again today, this time with the cruise set to 55...by car was already leaning, I'm not sure I could TRY to do it at 74...no way to prove it, but there is very little room after the turn to even accelerate that fast...oh well what's done is done. Hopefully the bail is not too much, and it's hello online traffic school!