Firestone lifetime alignment $50 off

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by UKn00b
$10 says your not
*chuckles* I was smart enough to sit out there with him and make sure.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
I dont think you can manually enter the values on a hunter machine printout. The problem is not that they lie about the #s they just get lazy and say they cant do this or they cant do that.
I paid for a regular warrentable alignment once but had them put the numbers as far negative as they could with still keeping it in the green (on the spec printout page)
They agreed to do that. Santa cruz wheel works.
But the custom alignment they gave me was 130. Was a really good alugnment. They got me to almost 0 toe and -2.2 up front and -1.4 in the rear. Both sides were almost even. Best handling ever on the street with no negative side effects.

Last edited by Scoobywax; 07-10-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:06 PM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza L
Originally Posted by Overbear
*chuckles* I was smart enough to sit out there with him and make sure.
I'll still take your money your not operating the machine and none of their **** is calibrated worth a damn!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by UKn00b

I'll still take your money your not operating the machine and none of their **** is calibrated worth a damn!
By law it needs to be calibrated. So if thats the case ill be getting free alignments for life lol

Edit: not by law sorry i was thinking of radar guns and certain scales.
This is just a regulatory requirement and the shop should have certifications.
If they dont or do not provide upon asking then go somewhere else.
That will keep the honest people honest.

Last edited by Scoobywax; 07-10-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:55 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Its a good deal if you know someone at the shop. I have a buddy who works there so I text him what specs I want.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:02 AM

Car Info: The Limp Imp
Originally Posted by Scoobywax
Lol huh?!

I must be stupid cause i didnt understand any of that.......

The rear alignment bolt is not moving?
Wtf doed that mean. Of course it doesnt move its non existant!!

Both bolts in the rear are non eccentric.
Dude it's a story. You take it with a "grain of salt." I wasn't being specific cuz there is no need to be. Just take it as they are picky about letting you do special request for "legal issues" even tho one manager said he would "take care of me" and fix it. While at any old shop, if you had a long relationship with the employees/owner, they would have just done it, and not raised a stink.

And sorry if I need to clarify since yes I guess you are off your rocker (first you say the rear bolts are "non existent" then next sentence you admit there are bolts, but now they are "non eccentric" but you know there are more than just two bolts in the rear, how do you think the rear is adjusted?!) I am taking about the oem alignment washers under the bolts that hold the lateral links to the rear subframe. And "not moving" as in seized. Geez. Do I have to explain suck.squeeze.bang.blow to you too? See when you are so close minded you take every word literally, it's a story, just assume you know what I mean and just grasp the meaning behind the story. Sounds like you didn't even want to learn the meaning, just wanted to call me out and complain.

Originally Posted by runboyrun
Its a good deal if you know someone at the shop. I have a buddy who works there so I text him what specs I want.
I met someone who worked at the Fremont Firestone who was on here, you know what he said? "Don't go there."

Last edited by drpsnwbrdr; 07-11-2014 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:24 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by drpsnwbrdr
And sorry if I need to clarify since yes I guess you are off your rocker (first you say the rear bolts are "non existent" then next sentence you admit there are bolts, but now they are "non eccentric" but you know there are more than just two bolts in the rear, how do you think the rear is adjusted?!) I am taking about the oem alignment washers under the bolts that hold the lateral links to the rear subframe. And "not moving" as in seized. Geez. Do I have to explain suck.squeeze.bang.blow to you too?

I meet someone who worked at the Fremont Firestone who was on here, you know what he said? "Don't go there."

Loll Tru dat!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:40 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
When I was looking into the lifetime alignment I asked about custom settings. They told me most places would be happy to do any spec possible. I asked "what if I add some aftermatket suspension components to get more adjustabilitu?"

They said I could get an exotic lifetime alignment for $50 more and add any aftermarket stuff unwanted.

That being said, I went to custom alignment than to Adambomb when he was at Edege Motorworks.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by drpsnwbrdr

Dude it's a story. You take it with a "grain of salt." I wasn't being specific cuz there is no need to be. Just take it as they are picky about letting you do special request for "legal issues" even tho one manager said he would "take care of me" and fix it. While at any old shop, if you had a long relationship with the employees/owner, they would have just done it, and not raised a stink.

And sorry if I need to clarify since yes I guess you are off your rocker (first you say the rear bolts are "non existent" then next sentence you admit there are bolts, but now they are "non eccentric" but you know there are more than just two bolts in the rear, how do you think the rear is adjusted?!) I am taking about the oem alignment washers under the bolts that hold the lateral links to the rear subframe. And "not moving" as in seized. Geez. Do I have to explain suck.squeeze.bang.blow to you too? See when you are so close minded you take every word literally, it's a story, just assume you know what I mean and just grasp the meaning behind the story. Sounds like you didn't even want to learn the meaning, just wanted to call me out and complain.

I met someone who worked at the Fremont Firestone who was on here, you know what he said? "Don't go there."
You didnt day anything Bout lateral link bolts. I assumed you were talking Bout the camber adjustment in the rear.
Which i am correct is non existant.
There are two bolts on the strut but they dont adjust anything. Just the front had 1 eccentric bolt in the top strut hole.

Thats what i was getting at killer.

You left out the important part of what part of the rear you were talking Bout.
Ive had people tell me theres no way to adjust anything in the back which i just laugh at.....

Sorry i didnt understand your huge run on sentence.

And how about that suck,squeeze, blow and bang.......
Dont offer unless you are willing to pony up the pennies soldier........