Firestone lifetime alignment $50 off

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:13 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Firestone lifetime alignment $50 off

Guys,

Today only, Hayward Firestone (mission store) is offering $50 off on lifetime alignments. Its a one day thing, but you can pay now and then get the alignment any time.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:16 PM

Car Info: 12 STi hatch
I saw that but when I asked about custom alignment specs, they wouldn't do it. Only for stock alignment. Bummer!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:34 PM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza L
$50 off crap isn't a great deal!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:40 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
What crap?

Ive had the alignment for a year now (with my coilovers and -1.5/-.9 setup) and never had an issue.

Not sure how ppaying $175 or whatever it was I paid for alignments for life is a bad thing...
Old 07-10-2014, 02:42 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

You go in, have them align it to "specs" if they wont do your custom ones (San Jose store did for me) and then after you paid for the service go back to another store and demand different specs. If they refuse, tell them you know a lawyer who likes attention... lol
Old 07-10-2014, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
What crap?

Ive had the alignment for a year now (with my coilovers and -1.5/-.9 setup) and never had an issue.

Not sure how ppaying $175 or whatever it was I paid for alignments for life is a bad thing...
Stripped bolts, incorrect settings, etc etc..

Individual results may vary but I've seen plenty of the above from Firestone, Big O and similar.

Not too long ago we had to replace the whole rear subframe on a friends Evo because Hayward Firestone must have gunned the crap out of the control arm toe bolt which on one side has a registration piece and they obviously gunned from the other side and mangled it

Last edited by UKn00b; 07-10-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:07 PM

Hence why I never just drop off my car and let them "take care of it". I watch them like hawk, and if the specs arent right I dont let them drive off the ramp.

I had a small time shop strip my open tuner lugs and a few studs one time. I went back in there and raised absolute hell with them. Got new stuff installed lol

Im not a typical car owner, I do everything I can myself but I dont have an alignment machine sadly so I make sure they treat my car like I would.

I even told the tech in SJ to open it up if he wanted to during the around the block test as a "reward" for taking care of it.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by UKn00b
$50 off crap isn't a great deal!
Indeed!!

Originally Posted by UKn00b
Stripped bolts, incorrect settings, etc etc..

Individual results may vary but I've seen plenty of the above from Firestone, Big O and similar.

Not too long ago we had to replace the whole rear subframe on a friends Evo because Hayward Firestone must have gunned the crap out of the control arm toe bolt which on one side has a registration piece and they obviously gunned from the other side and mangled it
Put Wheel Works on that list. Based on my experiences in the past, I will never take a car anywhere but Roger Kraus or Custom Alignment any more. Folks might "get lucky" or more likely, not know how unlucky they really are, but it's just not worth it when crap happens.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:10 PM

Car Info: The Limp Imp
Dunno how I feel about them. Only that one time they had the heaviest guy try to squeeze into my jdm seats. Destroying and smashing the side bolsters just to get in.

Then during the 3rd year of having there lifetime alignment. One guy told me that one of the rear bolt holding the alignment washer wasn't moving. Told by a manager that they would 'take care of me' next time or whenever, cuz I told them they were the only ones touching the rear, it must have been them. I went out and got a oem bolt from the junks so I could be ready for them to replace it next time. When I went in, the woman that helped me then told me that she doesn't know why the other guy told me that cuz they wouldn't touch my oem bolt cuz they don't know if it's "oem" and it's a legal issue and that they would have to buy one which they never said they were going to buy oem, and charge me.

But the bottom line is they are a corporation, you are going to get 'corporate style' customer service. "Which is you want things done your way? You can f**k off. We are too big to do things your way." It just boils down to, do you want to support a corporation which usually doesn't even support there own employees (or tries to pay them as little as legally possible) or support your local mechanics/communities (if you like there work.) You all have a choice who gets your hard earned money, (lately you all are choosing wrong).

Last edited by drpsnwbrdr; 07-11-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:29 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Originally Posted by drpsnwbrdr
Dunno how I feel about them. Only that one time they had the heaviest guy try to squeeze into my jdm seats. Destroying and smashing the side bolsters just to get in.

Then during the 3rd year of having there lifetime alignment. One guy told me that one of the rear alignment bolts wasn't moving. Told by a manager that they would 'take care of me' next time or whenever, cuz I told them they were the only ones touching the rear, it must have been them. I went out and got a oem bolt from the junks so I could be ready for them to replace it next time. When I went in, the woman that helped me then told me that she doesn't know why the other guy told me that cuz they wouldn't touch my oem bolt cuz they don't know if it's "oem" and it's a legal issue and that they would have to buy one which they never said they were going to buy oem, and charge me.
Lol huh?!

I must be stupid cause i didnt understand any of that.......

The rear alignment bolt is not moving?
Wtf doed that mean. Of course it doesnt move its non existant!!

Both bolts in the rear are non eccentric.

Only the fronts can be adjusted without an aftermarket camber bolt since they have a stock eccentric bolt similar to an aftermarket cam lock bolt.

As jac said. Watch them like a hawk. U always stand in the garage opening and watch everything they do. And make comments while they are working. Do they care? Im sure they do.....do i? Not really i paid for it so im gonna watch.

I had to show the tech how to adjust the aftermarket cam bolt in the rear.

most shops will install customer supplied parts with no warrenty on labor or parts. but this sounds like the exception since it is a warrentable alignment. They need to cover their asses and say we cant install that random bolt because we dont know where its from or if its going to break.
They would have installed it if it was in an SOA package btw.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Scoobywax

Lol huh?!

I must be stupid cause i didnt understand any of that.......

The rear alignment bolt is not moving?
Wtf doed that mean. Of course it doesnt move its non existant!!

Both bolts in the rear are non eccentric.

Only the fronts can be adjusted without an aftermarket camber bolt since they have a stock eccentric bolt similar to an aftermarket cam lock bolt.

As jac said. Watch them like a hawk. U always stand in the garage opening and watch everything they do. And make comments while they are working. Do they care? Im sure they do.....do i? Not really i paid for it so im gonna watch.

I had to show the tech how to adjust the aftermarket cam bolt in the rear.

most shops will install customer supplied parts with no warrenty on labor or parts. but this sounds like the exception since it is a warrentable alignment. They need to cover their asses and say we cant install that random bolt because we dont know where its from or if its going to break.
They would have installed it if it was in an SOA package btw.
Toe adjustment...
Old 07-10-2014, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

Toe adjustment...
Im good but thanks for asking!

He wasnt specific btw. Some shops are that stupid.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:19 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by mooshoo
I saw that but when I asked about custom alignment specs, they wouldn't do it. Only for stock alignment. Bummer!
had no problem, the guy set me up to the spec I asked him to.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:48 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Good Old hayward Firestone. I was told they would put my car to my specs only to later be told that they couldn't get those specs because i didn't have camber bolts. I told them that's weird, I know for a fact my car has them at all 4's, "were sorry sir but according to the tech you have factory adjustment all around." I asked them to put the car back on the rack and show me the factory bolts so i can show them the camber bolts. "we are sorry sir there is a car on the rack and we are extremely busy. but if you would like you can wait." I said no thanks ill take it to a shop who has a tech that isn't blind. Went home checked and sure enough i have camber bolts.. Other firestone shop had no problem finding and adjusting them. I have found that like other shops there are good techs and there are lazy techs. With chain shops like Firestone its a crap shoot with the kind of tech you get.

If cali roads were not so FCKED UP and i didn't drive my car as much as i do on them i wouldn't mind dropping 200 for an alignment when i need one. But with how jacked up the roads are and how quickly the alignment can get knocked out of whack it gets costly.

Last edited by SkizzDawg; 07-10-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
had no problem, the guy set me up to the spec I asked him to.
$10 says your not

Quick Reply: Firestone lifetime alignment $50 off