Firefighter shoots at cyclist... gets 4 months.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 07:29 AM

Car Info: 1992 Skyline GTR BNR32
Originally Posted by Jin
there was similar news in korea. guy rapes a little girl, little girl is now handicapped. guy got 8 years in jail. ppl got pissed off and started complaining, his sentence changed to 20 years. media/people wins.
my wife and I heard about this one a while back and we were really upset too. The guys defense was that he was drunk, which is BS. I think the little girl was 8 years old. F**k that guy. I hope he dies a really, really painful death....soon.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:03 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Cool, so as long as you did honorable stuff in the past, you can do bat**** crazy stuff in the present and get away with a slap on the wrist?

You can't really apply specifics to a situation when in the same sentence you say "you were not put in the situation."

An ACTIVE FIREFIGHTER should be able to take down an advancing man without the use of a gun.

I honestly don't see what the gun has to do with it. It is just a tool, like a hammer or a screwdriver, or a knife. Too many people panic at the word gun
Old 12-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Overbear
I honestly don't see what the gun has to do with it. It is just a tool, like a hammer or a screwdriver, or a knife. Too many people panic at the word gun
For most its harder to dodge a bullet than a hammer

im just sayin
Old 12-09-2009, 09:36 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Maybe if cyclists didn't act like doushbag little ****s who think they own the road and can ride how and where they want, counter to the law. There might not be as much anger pointed at them...

But your post just proves my point, and why I ****ing HATE cyclists.
I know there's always exceptions (I think it was BruceLee who posted about some douche with something sticking out of his bike, so if you got within a few feet of his bike, it'd scratch your car), but I think most road cyclists are "douches" because most drivers are completely unaware of a bicyclists rights on the road and put the cyclist in unnecessary dangerous situations.

I can't begin to count how many times I've almost been hit, or had to lock up and pray my bike will stop in time because of idiot drivers. I've probably had to avoid more idiot drivers on my bike in the 2 years I've been riding, than driving my car since in the last 6.

IMHO, I hate the average california driver more than I hate the average cyclist.

Anyway, back to the original topic. It is a shame that a "good record" can put someone who shot at somebody back on the streets in 4 months. I guess the justice system is so fubared and the jails are so full, a firefighter gets off like nothing happened.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Now, most of you sit here and armchair quarterback this, but you were not put in the situation. Perhaps the "father" was endangering his child, perhaps the kid didn't even have a helmet on.

On top of that, what went down? If it had been me (not that I would have bothered to stop the father in the first place, not my concern) and for some reason the argument escalated, and the father threatened me with physical harm as he advanced on me, I too would draw my weapon, extend one hand and order him to stop.

Now here is where my problem comes in, why did the fireman discharge his weapon. Clearly by the findings of the court, he must have had reason, or they would have charged him with much much more than they did. I suspect the cyclist had a weapon, or was making direct death threats. Again its a stupid situation that the fireman shouldn't have been in the first damn place.

Just another reason to remind people... MIND YOUR OWN, DON'T GET IN OTHER PEOPLES AFFAIRS.
You tell us not to armchair this situation and then go on to speculate that the cyclist father did something to endanger his kid?

This whole situation is 100% the firefighter's fault. Sure, fine be pissed off at a cyclist. Yell at him out your window as you storm past. But pull over to start an argument? REALLY?

The firefighter said that it was a "warning shot". At his head? This guy pulled over to start an argument and then discharged a weapon at him. That's assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder.

Cyclists have as much right to the road as any other vehicle. That said, douche cyclists should follow the rules of the road if they want respect.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
For most its harder to dodge a bullet than a hammer

im just sayin
If you can dodge a wrench...
Old 12-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Churro Aficionado

If you can dodge a wrench...

I was hoping someone was going there

Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
my friend was killed by 5 firefighters in a fist fight on halloween three years ago. Because of the firefighters job, the court went"easy" on him, only gave him 9 months. But because of his job shouldnt he be punished more harshly?

If a cop/firefighter (someone who holds the public trust) breaks the law, why is the sentencing less serve??
Old 12-09-2009, 12:41 PM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
since getting my mountain bike i tried riding on the roads 1 time. and within 10 minutes i got hit by a car. seriously. i stopped riding on roads.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by MrMakesItRain
since getting my mountain bike i tried riding on the roads 1 time. and within 10 minutes i got hit by a car. seriously. i stopped riding on roads.
Anecdotal evidence is the worst kind. Want to know why? I ride on the road all the time, have yet to even almost get hit by a car.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:55 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Anecdotal evidence is the worst kind. Want to know why? I ride on the road all the time, have yet to even almost get hit by a car.
Hey don't get too down on him, he just learned the lesson early, its taking you longer thats all.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Churro Aficionado

Does it count if I'VE hit A CAR on my bmx bike?

Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by horsecut54
my friend was killed by 5 firefighters in a fist fight on halloween three years ago. Because of the firefighters job, the court went"easy" on him, only gave him 9 months. But because of his job shouldnt he be punished more harshly?

If a cop/firefighter (someone who holds the public trust) breaks the law, why is the sentencing less serve??
What did your friend do to the fire fighters?
Old 12-09-2009, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
I find this a funny coincidence because on the day the newspaper article was printed, I too almost killed a bicyclist and I am an EMT, and looking for a job as a firefighter.

He decided to cross the intersection ahead of me when I had a green light and he did not. It's not like he just shot across either, he was riding along the same street as me, looked back at me over his shoulder, decided he could make it, and slowly cut across in front of me (i'm doing 40, he's doing like 15). I slammed on the brakes, only NEARLY hit him, and he just looked at me and kept riding. I made an illegal left turn, pulled over in front of him in the bike lane, and then yelled at him until my eye stopped twitching.

I used to be a bicyclist too, they don't HAVE to be *******s, some of them just choose to be. As far as the firefighter goes, he should have gotten a longer sentence. Four months for shooting someone in the head is ridiculous.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:07 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
And, btw, in the court/legal system here, it comes down to what you can prove, not which is true.

There was a physical confrontation, the biker (possibly) struck first and that's assault.

But more importantly,

What kinda candyass gun did that loser fire fighter shoot the biker with that didn't kill him?

Quick Reply: Firefighter shoots at cyclist... gets 4 months.