Finally more Go-Karting in the Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
just was oul at the livermore one on wed my buddy that works there told me they just changed the tires and the new ones are alot stickyer
Old 05-31-2008, 12:44 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
That is dumb. Drifting is fun, but it's not racing.

Karting is fun because you can have 100% committed on the edge wheel to wheel driving. That requires grip.
That being said though... I'm still happy another business has popped up and I encourage its patronage to keep it going.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:34 PM

I was thinking of going to go kart racer in burlingame, seems to be the cheapest
Old 06-16-2008, 12:14 AM

I didn't get to go, but a few friends went today and one said, "(it) rocks, best karting I've been to"

I don't think they've ever done shifter karts or outdoor on a real track, but these guys do track days like crazy.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:22 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by pwn
The new place sucks, its waaaay too slippery. You just drift around and its no fun. Le mans is the most fun IMO. Gokart racer is ok but its kinda boring IMO. Yes the facilities are nice for the new Livermore place and I talked to the owner, nice guy, but he says hes leaving it slippery on purpose. I think its dumb.
yeah that guy doesnt have a clue it seems. Instead of leaving the track slipperry in hopes to attract the driftors....They should mount hard tires on 1/2 the karts, and soft on the other half for the people who want to actually grip.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:49 AM

Car Info: 04 WRB Sti/05 Titan
Drift Karting = fail!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 07 Sti aka Subrina!
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
yeah that guy doesnt have a clue it seems. Instead of leaving the track slipperry in hopes to attract the driftors....They should mount hard tires on 1/2 the karts, and soft on the other half for the people who want to actually grip.

so basically their track is setup for drifters they could just get rid of there timing system and bring out drift judges could be cool but im more into grip racing. i doubt ill be visiting the livermoore track anytime soon.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
and smoke up those kart tires. wooohooo. since they're at it, add a hand brake to them.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by nslow_fast_out
so basically their track is setup for drifters they could just get rid of there timing system and bring out drift judges could be cool but im more into grip racing. i doubt ill be visiting the livermoore track anytime soon.
Don't run away too far with this "drifting" thing... I mentioned earlier a bunch of car guys (very track experienced) went and they had a blast and a good battle with each other (by position and lap time). They said there wasn't lots a grip, but it didn't mean you couldn't battle it out.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:19 PM

I love drifting the entire Yokohama course at gokartracer. The high speed corners are great. So I guess there never was an iclub day at this new place. I would have went by now if it were a bit closer.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:20 AM

Don't run away too far with this "drifting" thing... I mentioned earlier a bunch of car guys (very track experienced) went and they had a blast and a good battle with each other (by position and lap time). They said there wasn't lots a grip, but it didn't mean you couldn't battle it out.
I finally went myself today.

I totally take back what I said about the "drifting track".

It's NOT a drifting track although a lot of people end up unintentionally drifting. Yes, there are sections that are low in traction, but that's not what the whole track is about. "It's a momentum track" (quote from the owner) is exactly right.

I found that the 2 long straight which end in effectively 180 turns are faster taken like a rally car would... rotate and go slideway around. I was on the gas fully within the drift and turning and pulled on everyone else. Everything else was grip grip grip.

Lot's of fun. I wish it wasn't so far away from San Jose.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:23 AM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
I finally went myself today.

I totally take back what I said about the "drifting track".

It's NOT a drifting track although a lot of people end up unintentionally drifting. Yes, there are sections that are low in traction, but that's not what the whole track is about. "It's a momentum track" (quote from the owner) is exactly right.

I found that the 2 long straight which end in effectively 180 turns are faster taken like a rally car would... rotate and go slideway around. I was on the gas fully within the drift and turning and pulled on everyone else. Everything else was grip grip grip.

Lot's of fun. I wish it wasn't so far away from San Jose.
i totally agree. i've been a few times and i think the track is more about technique. the karts are pretty easy to drift as well, but it basically useless cause it results in slower times.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:23 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by FASTCHR
http://umigoracing.com/default.aspx

Opened in Livermore last month....let's plan an STi day this summer :-)
I'm definitely down for that. I used to go to GoKart Racer in Burlingame pretty regularly, always had a blast.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:26 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Lemans Karting - 19 sec track, easy reservations, wide track for great head to head action, laid back staff, well maintained, fun.

Go Kart Racer (Burlingame) - 2 tracks (and supertrack), pain in the *** reservations (plan on spending 3 hours easy waiting for your turn), exiting track, hard to pass, well maintained fun.
I've never made a reservation to race at GoKart Racer, I always just called ahead, asked what the next time was, and got there just under an hour before race time. I haven't ever waited more than about 45 minutes to race.