Finally more Go-Karting in the Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti aka Subrina!
ive been to speed ring, lemans, go kart, and Rpm so far..

for overall competitive racing i liked Lemans the best they have several track configurations which have many places to pass and good grip overall. really good customer service track staff are really involved and knowledgeble of the track layout and have given me tips with my driving in the past.

I liked speed rings track layout the best service wasnt so good tho.

Rpm went once did half the track it was ok.. karts were slow and not as reponsive imo.. service was decent

go kart racer went a few times overall i felt the track was to narrow which is not good for racing or passing.. had a good time though i liked the ramp they had it was something different which was a good thing. service was decent

ill probably check out this new track soon but from what i can see so far its really slick not good for racing..
Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 AM

Thanks for the heads up! If i'm ever that far, i'll have to check the new place out

As for the other places:

Speedring: OG, fun, but could't stick around

GoKartRacer: Dope. Carts are well maintained, tracks are fun and they don't get all pissy from the tinyest bumps like....

LeMans: You get the bumping flag if you get to close it seems. Probably because they can't keep the carts wheels on. The last two times I've been, I've seen 3 wheels fall off, one cart run out of gas, and one cart dump its oil all over. Not to mention the people watching the wheel fall off were saying it wasn't the first time they've seen it happen either. Your sessions get delayed, and you your race gets effectively cut in 2 small race sessions.....wtf it's not nascar where you race yellow to yellow.... /rant
Old 05-27-2008, 12:47 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
i dont really like leman. their karts some how feels really uncomfortable. my knee keep hitting the gas tank. after a session of race it will bruce up my leg. and the length of the pedal is not good also. with out the extended pedal is too far, with the extended pedal is too close. im 5'8

i like gokart racer much better. the kart fits me good and much more comfortable IMO
i know what you mean with the pedals too far without and too close with. i was just at gokart racer today, and their seats are movable now!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by JZ oo7
i know what you mean with the pedals too far without and too close with. i was just at gokart racer today, and their seats are movable now!
thats weird how you guys have a problem reaching the pedals im under 5"8 i dont use the pedal extensions i use the outside of the pedals.. no problem with hitting the gas tank tho
Old 05-27-2008, 12:46 PM

I'm 5'8" and had my leg could reach the gas pedal (at lemans) but my foot was too wide to fit (size 10) flat in the pedals. I had to do the entire race with my foot crooked. The gas tank made it so my leg had to wrap around it and ended up with a bruise on the inside of my leg.

Originally Posted by nslow_fast_out
thats weird how you guys have a problem reaching the pedals im under 5"8 i dont use the pedal extensions i use the outside of the pedals.. no problem with hitting the gas tank tho
Old 05-27-2008, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
oh freak yes!

whens the date? maybe we could get some of the cen-valley i-club members intrested
Old 05-27-2008, 01:13 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
my knee keep hitting the gas tank. after a session of race it will bruce up my leg.
You never want ANYTHING bruce'd up. Ever.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Akira-R
I'm 5'8" and had my leg could reach the gas pedal (at lemans) but my foot was too wide to fit (size 10) flat in the pedals. I had to do the entire race with my foot crooked. The gas tank made it so my leg had to wrap around it and ended up with a bruise on the inside of my leg.
looks like you could have used some assistance with finding that sweet spot. ive seen the Lemans karts fit people of all sizes small/young/fat/tall/skinny/ etc..
Old 05-27-2008, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
LMK is overly expensive for the amount of track time that they give you. This place may have potential though. I still prefer Infineon/Dixon/Davis though
Old 05-27-2008, 03:38 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by blue blurr
LMK is overly expensive for the amount of track time that they give you. This place may have potential though. I still prefer Infineon/Dixon/Davis though
You think so? But GKR costs MORE.

I have a points card at LMK and usually go when they have specials. Really brings the price down.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:32 AM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
The new place sucks, its waaaay too slippery. You just drift around and its no fun. Le mans is the most fun IMO. Gokart racer is ok but its kinda boring IMO. Yes the facilities are nice for the new Livermore place and I talked to the owner, nice guy, but he says hes leaving it slippery on purpose. I think its dumb.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by pwn
The new place sucks, its waaaay too slippery. You just drift around and its no fun. Le mans is the most fun IMO. Gokart racer is ok but its kinda boring IMO. Yes the facilities are nice for the new Livermore place and I talked to the owner, nice guy, but he says hes leaving it slippery on purpose. I think its dumb.
That is dumb. Drifting is fun, but it's not racing.

Karting is fun because you can have 100% committed on the edge wheel to wheel driving. That requires grip.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:38 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
I'm down, thinking of a go-kart day for my birthday with a bunch of my friends.

Did the indoor one in Millbrae with my GF, she beat me since I'm about 40lbs heavier than she, damn all this working out.

One chick ate it hard on like the 2nd lap, got wedged up in the tire barrier and when she hit the gas flew outta her tank and soaked her.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I'm thinking about hitting up the Livermore place this weekend. I'll report back what it's like.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
LMK is incredibly slippery also. Most indoor place are.

Quick Reply: Finally more Go-Karting in the Bay Area