Finally Happened - Car got broken into and stereo stolen

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 03:09 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
sorry for your loss! ALL thieves SUCK!?

Unfortunately, if you don't have a garage (and use it), you're basically playing Russian Roulette by leaving your car unsecured, especially in SF. San Jose is even worse I hear.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:43 PM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
Unfortunately, if you don't have a garage (and use it), you're basically playing Russian Roulette by leaving your car unsecured, especially in SF. San Jose is even worse I hear.
Mang, don't tell me that!
Old 07-28-2005, 05:14 PM
ZK

Car Info: 08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10
If you are going to park outside at least have an alarm w/ 2 way paging and tilt sensor with secondary battery powered sirens.

And even then I'd put on an Autolock, remove the stereo faceplate and take it into the house at night.

For more paranoia, hidden kill switch, LoJack, removable aftermarket steering wheel.

I've woken up before to see my car on milkcrates before. Wheel locks don't mean crap to thieves. They removed the McGards without the key. And I have scared off thieves who broke in and was trying to hot wire my car at 10am during the day at my office parking lot with people walking around!

**** Thieves.

Last edited by ZK; 07-28-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:44 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Unhappy

Dang Matt.Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. I had 2 cars stolen from right under my nose about 7 years ago,4 months apart.
WHAT LOSERS !!! Karma,dude,karma.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:54 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by ZK
I've woken up before to see my car on milkcrates before. Wheel locks don't mean crap to thieves. They removed the McGards without the key. And I have scared off thieves who broke in and was trying to hot wire my car at 10am during the day at my office parking lot with people walking around!

**** Thieves.
Sorry to heard this Matt. I just met you at auto-x the other day at monster park. You teched my car.

Wheel locks are easy to remove. Well, I won't go into details, but working at America's Tire, you need to know.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:58 PM

Car Info: Twin WRX Turbo VR-4
damn that blows man... i'll keep an eye out on CL. But, i think you will get the retail price for you head unit, and not the "what it's worth" price.

I would get the same deck as you had before. Alpine makes good stuff- I have a CDA-9813 which is the older version of yours basically.

anyways, goodluck
Old 07-28-2005, 07:07 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
this may be a silly question. but do you have an alarm? i have one with 2 red L.E.D.'s on both front pillars- i have a 130 db siren under the hood and another inside the car (inside dash). when the alarm goes off my car horn sounds, the 130db underhood siren and the interior one sound off. plus the lights go nuts.

way i figure is... if they really want my stuff- they have to earn it. and hopefully wake someone up in the process- if not...damage their ear drums.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 07-28-2005, 07:16 PM

Car Info: Twin WRX Turbo VR-4
gdogg, i hear theft in hawaii is like the worst anywhere, am I correct? if so... that sucks
Old 07-28-2005, 07:25 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Sucks to her that matt, be thankful you have insurance. When my house got robbed I didn't.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
wow man, sucks to hear that. I had my stealth broken into once. they took my stereo, cd binder, a jacket, and my ashtray change, but they left my acoustic bass "whats the eh?" "I dunno dawg...looks like a cheap guitar with four strings...**** it eh" sorry if that offended anyone...I might have to edit that out
Old 07-28-2005, 09:50 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
I dont have an alarm, but now definitly considering one! Dont need 2 way pager though. I have no choice but to park outside, but its a pretty safe area.

We'll see....I'm looking at a Viper alarm, but any recommendations?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

I'm actually looking to upgrade to the viper 791xv. Its the one with the remote start, 2-way pager, blue status LED (to match the blue guage lights when I change their colors), power trunk release, defroster output, built in turbo timer...oh yeah, and it protects your car too

EDIT: If you get stuck between trying to choose between a Clifford and a Viper, you should realize that the only difference is the color of the status LED and the color of the remote (blueish or carbon fiber)...the guy at the alarm store pointed that out to me...they are even made by the same parent company
Old 07-28-2005, 11:44 PM

Car Info: lowered blk04 with no motor
sorry to hear that ****. i know what u mean when u say they didnt take other. a few friends of mine got the rides broken into. stole the amp left the subs stupid **** like that

aleast your car was still there it can be fixed. i heard a viper alarm with the auto door locker is pretty good. auto relocker makes it lil more difficult.

Last edited by GasPipe DreameR; 07-28-2005 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:32 AM

Car Info: puppy hauler
That's awful Matt. Sorry to hear about your loss. Stupid fricken thieves. I'm scared that my car might get broken into again. I had my window smashed and my purse stolen. The thieves left my digital camera in the glove box, my cellphone and the laptop that was in my trunk. What did they get from me...... about a dollar in change and my toothbleaching trays. hahaha suckers. The next day a shop owner near the burglery site called me after he found my purse outside his shop.
Needless to say I learn a valuable less about leaving my purse in plain sight. The whole deal cost me about 250 dollars right at christmas time.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:28 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STi deede
What did they get from me...... about a dollar in change and my toothbleaching trays.
I love when they steal the ashtray change!! that happened to me too...its so pathetic. The guys that broke into my car must have been retarded. They took my guitar/bass tuner (probably thinking it was an MP3 player, even though it says "guitar/bass tuner" on it) but left my bass!!