FIA thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:24 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by nachomc
Reread Charles' post. He said he moved the other thread because it had turned in to a bashing thread, which is 100% correct. The issue had been resolved between LIC and FIA and the peanut gallery kept trying to egg things on. If someone wishes (maybe you since you're so concerned), a synopsis of the other thread could be put together (less the bashing). Charles said that this post will remain as a reference, so as long as the bashing isn't in the synopsis or this thread, your post will remain for future readers to understand what took place.
Personally, I dont think LIC should have posted to begin with.

I'm pointing out the silliness of claiming that iclub doesn't remove posts and we aren't like NASIOC
Old 04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by mcowger

I'm pointing out the silliness of claiming that iclub doesn't remove posts and we aren't like NASIOC
were any posts removed?

NO

moved?

yes
Old 04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by mcowger

It was Alex who said iclub doesn't remove posts. Alex doesn't run iclub anymore. The new site owners approve of removing posts when warranted. For example, if a thread is going absolutely nowhere and is just serving to bash people/cause drama, after the issue is resolved, it can be removed. That's what happened here. Charles didn't move the thread to protect anyone, he removed it to keep the bashing and drama to a minimum. I don't see how that makes us like NASIOC at all.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
I gotta kind of agree, nutsiac would've deleted the thread, banned the users, and the mods would've talked **** in public...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM

Car Info: '98 Legacy GT - EJ20 swap, STI RA tranny, VF22+
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
...People need to understand that this is the consequence of certain actions on the internet, getting called out on it...
Publicly 'calling out' a company in this instance is not the consequence of it. It was a choice by another company to call this company out. Normally a private resolution is preferable and is attempted first.

For instance, in the past I have posted up parts at prices below the manufacturer's minimum price that they allow vendors to publicly advertise. This was an accident as I wasn't made aware of their MAP policy, but the people/vendors who saw my thread did not know that. Instead of other threads being started by other vendors bashing my company for unfair and shady business practices, I received a PM kindly letting me know that I was violating the MAP policy. I swiftly ammended my post and apologised.

The same thing could have fixed this situation. Publicly calling somebody out and knowing damn well it would turn into a huge bash fest and name calling fest is a choice and not an automatic consequence. It's a deliberate attack on another business in an attempt to harm their business.

And again, I think what was done was crap but calling it plaigarism is a little far IMHO as the actual content is direct from Subaru. Stealing somebody's table format is crappy but it's not something deserving of dying in a fire like some suggested. So you told your web guy to post up the factory service information and your prices and they chose to use somebody else's table. Sucks. Lazy. Lame. Fired. Not exactly the shadiest thing in the world nor does it deserve the person's death in a fire or via any other means. I personally don't think it deserved a public attack either without any warning whatsoever or attempt to contact via a private method, but that's obviously up for debate.

Last edited by EJ20Legacy; 04-07-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
I gotta kind of agree, nutsiac would've deleted the thread, banned the users, and the mods would've talked **** in public...
The thread was deleted.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by subie OCD
The thread was deleted.
No. It wasn't.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:41 PM

not saying anyone should die in a fire, I wouldn't even wish that on my worst enemy....wait.........maybe some....

haha, but nah, I'm saying, I work hard to produce some of the programming/code/information that I do, and if someone were to steal it, I'd definitely call them out, specially in this situation, because the info was copied word for word, with a couple words changed.

Again, to each his own, and if LIC feels that their business won't be affected by posting it publicly like this, then they are free to do so. Obviously they didn't wish death on them, some die hard LIC fans did, which kind of shows what kind of service they've provided to people in the past.

Bottom line, www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
Old 04-07-2008, 02:42 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
It was Alex who said iclub doesn't remove posts. Alex doesn't run iclub anymore. The new site owners approve of removing posts when warranted. For example, if a thread is going absolutely nowhere and is just serving to bash people/cause drama, after the issue is resolved, it can be removed. That's what happened here. Charles didn't move the thread to protect anyone, he removed it to keep the bashing and drama to a minimum. I don't see how that makes us like NASIOC at all.
Interesting - didn't know that policy had been changed.

Fair enough - I retract my comments in light of this information.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:45 PM

No. It wasn't.
Then where is it? I searched and couldnt find it. Was the title changed?
Old 04-07-2008, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Then where is it? I searched and couldnt find it. Was the title changed?
It was moved to an area of the site you don't have access to, so your searches won't turn it up.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:48 PM

It was moved to an area of the site you don't have access to, so your searches won't turn it up.
resistence is futile...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:48 PM

Well, it might as well be deleted to the normal i-club user if they cant access it.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Well, it might as well be deleted to the normal i-club user if they cant access it.
please see post #42.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

IMO, they moved the thread to:

1. Remove a thread from public view that was just simply bashing a vendor and adding ZERO value to the forum.
2. Keep the thread so that admins can review it now, and later, if necessary to get a better understanding of a future situation, if one occurs.

Again, not seeing why it's such a big deal. I understand why you're feeling frustrated, but try doing something constructive instead of whining and accomplishing nothing. Put a synopsis in this thread that details what happened, so future readers can see what went on. At that point, the bashing part of the equation is removed, and a mature, detailed post remains that tells people what happened.

Quick Reply: FIA thread?