FIA thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
haha, norcalevo deleted the thread cuz it was a paying vendor...

Originally Posted by huck
Now that, my friends, is kinda ****ed.

I run NorCalEvo and I deleted the thread. The thread has nothing to do with EVO's and FIA has been in good standing with NCE and helping members out with their services.

Do you have a problem with that? Or do I need to check in with you on how to run my board.

Being a paid vendor has nothing to do with it.

Have you ever run your own business or do you work in corporate? Perhaps you may understand that there are honest mistakes and that the owner/ceo does not know every little detail that goes on. Could it be that the web designer they hired was the one that messed up? In either case, I don't feel the Subby drama needs to be brought over to NCE.

cheers,
nebo
Old 04-07-2008, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
I dont see anything wrong with LIC posting in an open forum. It was blatently obvoius that it was copy and pasted and its good that the Subaru community could be aware of the situation. That said, I'm glad that the site was changed asap and the thread was closed shortly after, this one should be closed also.

For the record I haven't been to either shop.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
Regarding this issue, the first thread got way out of hand and as such will be removed. I am leaving this thread, but only as as a reference. The issue has been handled for the most part and I have gotten involved. but we need to as a community avoid random bashing and try to instead work on resolutions especially when it comes to the vendors that support and make this community possible.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by nebolic
I run NorCalEvo and I deleted the thread. The thread has nothing to do with EVO's and FIA has been in good standing with NCE and helping members out with their services.

Do you have a problem with that? Or do I need to check in with you on how to run my board.

Have you ever run your own business or do you work in corporate? Perhaps you may understand that there are honest mistakes and that the owner/ceo does not know every little detail that goes on. Could it be that the web designer they hired was the one that messed up? In either case, I don't feel the Subby drama needs to be brought over to NCE.

cheers,
nebo
No, of course you don't need to check in with me as to how you run your board but I have the right to speak my mind on this forum. Whether you agree with it or not. I did not cross post the thread nor do I have anything against NorCalEvo or yourself but it still strikes me as suspect.

I run my own business and have managed other companies for the past 10+ years. If one of my staff did something this shady I would accept responsibility for it and deal with my employee. Yet I have a problem with this "blame it on the web designer" crap. If that's so, can we also blame the web designer for setting all of FIA's pricing exactly $20 lower than LIC? Really? Really? The owner had no knowledge of this?

Interesting...

I have no problem with a competitive market but this strikes me as downright unprofessional.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Whatevs, I'm done, I don't wish to make matters worse... just voicing my concerns.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:45 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Somebody should post up those screen shots of the Website infringment so the Subaru community can see what happened.

Oh....too late...the mods made the thread go *poof*
Old 04-07-2008, 01:49 PM

Car Info: '98 Legacy GT - EJ20 swap, STI RA tranny, VF22+
When I quote parts for people, like clutches or sway bars or whatever, I do a search online and make sure to beat pricing by like $10 or more depending on what it is. That's not exactly a weird or shady business practice. Our normal prices are a certain % below MSRP, but when somebody is looking for a specific quote on something or a package deal, you need to see what the market is offering those things at so you can be competitive.

For all you know, LIC based their factory service prices as a certain % or dollar amount discount vs. what a dealership charges. Maybe FIA did the same thing and chose a slightly larger % or a dollar value that reflected a $20 bigger discount. When somebody comes to a shop asking for labor that isn't commonly done, most shops will call a dealership to figure out the book hours that labor takes and then quote the customer with a certain discount off of what the dealership would charge them.

FIA, I'm sure, will redo their factory service page now that they've taken this one down. You can bet your butt that the content will be the same as it was before and it'll just be in some different format. The content, of course, being exactly what Subaru publishes in your owners manual, etc, for these services.

Looks like FIA fired someone today. I'm not sure everyone was aware where that table came from.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by huck
No, of course you don't need to check in with me as to how you run your board but I have the right to speak my mind on this forum. Whether you agree with it or not. I did not cross post the thread nor do I have anything against NorCalEvo or yourself but it still strikes me as suspect.

I run my own business and have managed other companies for the past 10+ years. If one of my staff did something this shady I would accept responsibility for it and deal with my employee. Yet I have a problem with this "blame it on the web designer" crap. If that's so, can we also blame the web designer for setting all of FIA's pricing exactly $20 lower than LIC? Really? Really? The owner had no knowledge of this?

Interesting...

I have no problem with a competitive market but this strikes me as downright unprofessional.

just for reference, if you are privy to the NorCalEvo community, you'd know that I don't get paid a dime, I run the boards but all the money goes to the owner of the site down in Socal. I have no incentive to keep any vendors happy, they can leave all they want as it doesn't affect me one bit.

Just wanted to clear up the air, because I have always been fair with everyone in the community (EVO) and if my character is being questioned, I'd like to set things straight.

nebo

Last edited by nebolic; 04-07-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:51 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Which is funny given all the smack the mods talk about not being like NASIOC and not deleting threads.

IB-someone-claims-we-dont-delete-them-we-move-them-to-somewhere-they-cant-be-seen.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by EJ20Legacy
When I quote parts for people, like clutches or sway bars or whatever, I do a search online and make sure to beat pricing by like $10 or more depending on what it is. That's not exactly a weird or shady business practice. Our normal prices are a certain % below MSRP, but when somebody is looking for a specific quote on something or a package deal, you need to see what the market is offering those things at so you can be competitive.

For all you know, LIC based their factory service prices as a certain % or dollar amount discount vs. what a dealership charges. Maybe FIA did the same thing and chose a slightly larger % or a dollar value that reflected a $20 bigger discount. When somebody comes to a shop asking for labor that isn't commonly done, most shops will call a dealership to figure out the book hours that labor takes and then quote the customer with a certain discount off of what the dealership would charge them.

FIA, I'm sure, will redo their factory service page now that they've taken this one down. You can bet your butt that the content will be the same as it was before and it'll just be in some different format. The content, of course, being exactly what Subaru publishes in your owners manual, etc, for these services.

Looks like FIA fired someone today. I'm not sure everyone was aware where that table came from.
Valid points.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Since FIA, is well FIA. I'm going to assume they can tech my race car and give me an FIA log book, correct? Since my car was built in accordance to FIA standards (BTCC) my roll cage will not pass SCCA/NASA tech. The only way I will be able to race it is if I get an FIA tech/log book and transfer that over to SCCA/NASA.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
lol ^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by resident smurf; 04-07-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:14 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
FIA = next I-speed?
Old 04-07-2008, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by mcowger
Which is funny given all the smack the mods talk about not being like NASIOC and not deleting threads.

IB-someone-claims-we-dont-delete-them-we-move-them-to-somewhere-they-cant-be-seen.
Reread Charles' post. He said he moved the other thread because it had turned in to a bashing thread, which is 100% correct. The issue had been resolved between LIC and FIA and the peanut gallery kept trying to egg things on. If someone wishes (maybe you since you're so concerned), a synopsis of the other thread could be put together (less the bashing). Charles said that this post will remain as a reference, so as long as the bashing isn't in the synopsis or this thread, your post will remain for future readers to understand what took place.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by nebolic

cheers,
nebo
haha

nebo,

I'm in management with a corporation. And...much to the surprise of many...this isn't a corporation. People need to understand the consequences of their actions. And although the CEO may not know the action, they should know the consequences of hiring someone who may have the ability to do that. Just like the "internet coordinator" should know the consequences to plagiarizing someone elses work. People need to understand that this is the consequence of certain actions on the internet, getting called out on it.

And just like it's your decision as to whether or not you delete the thread (be it because you don't like drama, you are personal friends with the owners of FIA, they have always done great work to your car, etc.), we have the privilege of posting and talking about it on this board.

Have a good day.

(=

Quick Reply: FIA thread?