FIA thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
FIA thread?

Why is that thread closed? I don't get it. I think LICmotorsports had some very valid points to make and I for one am glad they brought this to my attention. I thought this car community watched out for other members. Was I mistaken? FIA used to be right around the corner from my business and at one point in time and I had considered taking some business to them for the sake of convenience. What they did is not only rude but unprofessional. I am now glad I never made that mistake.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
I had said in a post to close it as it was becoming a bash thread...so it was me.

I don't know what else to say...my thoughts are done with it.

but it is what it is

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 04-07-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:48 AM
VIP Member

Okay, I was worried a mod may have shut it down due to the subject being a paying vendor. Wanted to make sure this community still has their **** straight.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:49 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
haha, norcalevo deleted the thread cuz it was a paying vendor...
Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
Now that, my friends, is kinda ****ed.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
isn't norcal evo run by the same people that run i-club?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by huck
Now that, my friends, is kinda ****ed.
Definitely.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
isn't norcal evo run by the same people that run i-club?
That's evolutionm
Old 04-07-2008, 10:15 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
i dont see the reason why they delete the thread on NCE. as for i-club, both shops has already made their point and personally i think this is over with.

but i want to see what the evo community say about the shop. since FIA does much more evos than subarus.

what monday lol woke up at 6AM and saw that on i-club. it made my day lol
Old 04-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
Why is that thread closed? I don't get it. I think LICmotorsports had some very valid points to make and I for one am glad they brought this to my attention. I thought this car community watched out for other members. Was I mistaken? FIA used to be right around the corner from my business and at one point in time and I had considered taking some business to them for the sake of convenience. What they did is not only rude but unprofessional. I am now glad I never made that mistake.
i sent u pix through krinkov. ha!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by suby_dude
i sent u pix through krinkov. ha!
LOL I saw, you dork. Pics of Joe via Krinkov proxy!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
LOL I saw, you dork. Pics of Joe via Krinkov proxy!
wanted to show u what sexy looked like

ha

sd
Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 AM

Car Info: '98 Legacy GT - EJ20 swap, STI RA tranny, VF22+
I rent an office in FIA's shop to run my business out of, so I'll just say a couple things that Sammy didn't for whatever reason:

1) The first couple pages mentioned over and over how there was no response from FIA and how funny/shady/lame that was. It was started at 9:30 PM Sunday night to 1:00 AM and throughout the night. You seriously expect a vendor to be working at that time? It's not like anyone shot FIA an e-mail or PM to actually tell them that a thread had been posted about them. He had to find out this morning. I've had angry customers because they posted a question or concern somewhere in a thread on nasioc or on i-club instead of PM'ing or e-mailing... SORRY, but I can't be expected to read every forum on the internet just in case somebody mentions my company

2) Yeah, using the exact same format and everything was pretty lame. But in terms of content, come on people, we're talking about 30/60/90k services. This isn't stealing somebody's intellectual property. This is information available in your owner's manual. Did LIC copyright infringe the owner's manual by offering everything in the 30k service that the owner's manual says Subaru does? I don't think so. You HAVE to do x, y, and z to do a proper 30/60/90k service on a Subaru and EVERYBODY who does those services says on their site, "30k service includes x, y, and z"

YES, it was lazy and dumb to simply copy the format exactly but whether it was in those boxes just like on the LIC site or spelled out all in text format, the content would be 99% identical. Even if FIA had never seen LIC's site before, the content would be 99% identical. Factory maintenance schedule for a Subaru is the same no matter who you are.

LIC -- you know I love you guys and I consider you both to be friends of mine. I do NOT agree with what FIA did in terms of copying that off your site and making only minor changes to some of the wording and whatnot but using your format and everything. I think, more than anything, it was just lazy. You know the content isn't special and isn't something you guys invented though. It's boilerplate, copied-and-pasted from Subaru, factory maintenance stuff. I'd still be angry if I were in your shoes, of course. But...

If you were really just concerned with them using your format, a PM/e-mail or phone call WOULD have fixed it. The only reason to post it publicly is to purposely try to hurt FIA's business. Sammy copying your format is not a direct attempt to harm your business, whereas posting a "WTF FIA" thread is most definitely an attack on FIA and an attempt to do financial harm to them. I don't think it was necessary. Not unless you were ignored via PM/e-mail or phone first.

Jeremy

Last edited by EJ20Legacy; 04-07-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
What about the whole FIA thing? Does it even stand for anything besides Federation Internationale De L'Automobile? Or did they rip that off too?
Old 04-07-2008, 12:13 PM

Car Info: '98 Legacy GT - EJ20 swap, STI RA tranny, VF22+
It's French for LIC Motorsports. haha no, it's Forced Induction Authority I do believe.

Quick Reply: FIA thread?