Fender rolling recommendations and experiences

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 PM

Car Info: 2007 swp WRX wagon
Originally Posted by xtremeyolks
i disagree. For autox our needs are basically the same. We just run wide tires with our wide wheels. I would personally go to MachIII and get my fenders pulled by Henry if I had the need (I pulled my fenders myself) as his work is awesome. FYI I run -3.5 degrees of camber, rolled and pulled fenders, but i run 295s . I also don't think you'll need to roll your fenders much if at all depending on your height

So do you know how much rear pulls would be at mach III if you are aloud to say? Also maybe the price for coilover assistance.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 PM

Car Info: rsti
i rolled my rear fenders myself. as long as ur careful you should be good.
The Shop (that's the name of the shop) rents out their fender roller for 20 bucks. just wanna let you know if ur interested in doing it urself
Old 11-04-2008, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by xtremeyolks
i disagree. For autox our needs are basically the same. We just run wide tires with our wide wheels. I would personally go to MachIII and get my fenders pulled by Henry if I had the need (I pulled my fenders myself) as his work is awesome. FYI I run -3.5 degrees of camber, rolled and pulled fenders, but i run 295s . I also don't think you'll need to roll your fenders much if at all depending on your height
pic of car plz!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by adizon
+1 LICmotorsports!
Same here, it cost a few dollars more than doing it myself but they came out perfect with no scratches or cracks. The LIC crew spent a lot of time softening the paint with a heat gun and then really took their time rolling the metal.

I run 245/40/18's without issues.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:53 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Here's what we charge @ AutoHQ:

Vehicles with OEM struts:
$75 per corner
$275 for all four corners

Vehicles with coilovers:
$100 per corner
$375 for all four corners

http://www.autoheadquarter.com/fender.html - for some detailed pictures..

We do this just about everyday..

Last edited by Ballz; 11-04-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
we offer this service and do it almost daily at LIC

http://www.licmotorsports.com/fenderrolling.htm

-Noah
Old 11-05-2008, 12:14 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by camwrx14
So do you know how much rear pulls would be at mach III if you are aloud to say? Also maybe the price for coilover assistance.
I have no idea as i've never done business with him. I've just seen some of the work that he's done and it looks great.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
pic of car plz!
Here you go:

295/35/17 Hoosier A6s
Old 11-05-2008, 01:22 AM

Car Info: Audi Q5 aka "the old man wagon"
its hecka easy, just get an old wooden bat and roll it through between ur tire and the fender. make sure its wood not metal. done that with all my cars and they turn out great. probably gonna b doin this to my sti once I get my 18x9.5" rims
Old 11-05-2008, 02:21 AM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by LxJLthr

My only caution with the Hellaflush guys is that they have different intents and purposes for their suspension and body changes. My set up is meant for autocross and light track duty, while theirs is primarily for style [but I can be wrong]. My wheel and tire choice is different from what they run and I wanna make sure any required modifications are kept to the necessary minimum. No track or auto-x set up will ever require -3 camber, rolled and pulled fenders and stretched tires. Not saying anything bad about them [their cars look hella clean], but I just personally prefer advice from someone that has experience in modifying for the same intended purpose as me.

here's herraflush henry tracking his car

Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 AM

Car Info: '07 STI
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
My only caution with the Hellaflush guys is that they have different intents and purposes for their suspension and body changes. My set up is meant for autocross and light track duty, while theirs is primarily for style [but I can be wrong]. My wheel and tire choice is different from what they run and I wanna make sure any required modifications are kept to the necessary minimum. No track or auto-x set up will ever require -3 camber, rolled and pulled fenders and stretched tires. Not saying anything bad about them [their cars look hella clean], but I just personally prefer advice from someone that has experience in modifying for the same intended purpose as me.
Lol... wow... i love comments like these.... so you really think no track setup will ever require -3 camber? i can understand the super stretched tires.... but really now? just wondering, how much tracking do you do? do you know how much tracking we do? we're a very young company in the sense that we got into track settings for the cars very recently... but i'd like to think that we dont do THAT bad of a job setting up ppl's cars to the point where they can enjoy it and be competitive at the track...

if you're gonna bring up the fact that we dont seem to bring home trophies from time attack... well, my car is not fully sponsored, nor are we a full out "Subie's only" shop. we just happen to have me who owns one, and have friends who have them lol. either way, try asking GST how much camber they run on their "L" yeah? oh... btw... usually if you're running R-comps or something more aggressive, you dont need as much camber... but since i'm running Toyo R1R which is still a street tire... hmm... iono... i seem to have a lot less understeer with my -3.5 up front than when i'm running -2.5....
Old 11-05-2008, 06:34 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
I appreciate everyone's feedback so far. I will reply to all the comments as soon as I as possible, but unfortunately I have to rush to the airport right now to make a flight.