Feel the Steven's Creek love

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 11:05 AM

Car Info: 2003 Impreza WRX Sedan Midnight Black Pearl
I don't think I will ever be able to get over my experience of customers SCREAMING at the techs and cashiers about how their problems hadn't been fixed in 7 visits.
There were like 5 different people with the same type of stories.
Management was non-existant.
Their parts prices are extreme.
And I just wanted to by a crush washer.
I thought the room was gonna explode before I got out of there.
Luckily a cashier ignored everyone in line and let me buy my $3 part.
One guy made a comment to me about her taking me before addressing his issue.
Something like "See that? You dump $7k in repairs that you don't even know if they are really needed and supposed to be under warranty and then they ignore you." I said "Believe me I see! You won't EVER see me here again."

I'd say feel free to buy a car there, but don't ever bring it back.
Of course, they screwed over my housemate and that is all he did.
Some of it is his fault, but you can't get screwed by honest people, so screw them.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:16 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by veloLexus
As for BAN_SUV's being GOD....

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I went for over one month without washing my poor WRX (by hand of course... my baby has never touched the evil fires that burn within the commercial car wash). In my defense I'm having back problems. Can I be forgiven for my sins?

Cheers, Joe
As penance, you must either make the Mosquito Ridge trip tomorrow, or take your baby to see Freddie (1WRX2NV) shortly before the Mt. Hammy meet.

By the way guys, thanks for showing your support on this issue. The idea isn't to chase Roo Tech off the boards- he's posted some useful information. I just wanted to make it clear to him that he isn't going to change many minds about his employers, and that I wasn't in the wrong for saying what I said.
Old 05-25-2003, 02:16 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Okay, the problem starts at the top. The guy that runs that place is a total jerkoff.

And you can tell him that Tim Kelsch said that. If he wants to cry about it, you tell him to come talk to me.

It is unexplainable to me that Stevens Creek Subaru is still in business. People must not report their experiences to the BBB. That's the only explanation I can think of, because that place and every person who associates themself with it that I have dealt with has been EVIL.

Ummm…… for a Moderator you speak as if you are GOD!! Do you speak for every one?
Yes, he does speak for everyone. Who the hell are you? What makes you think you can come in here and start talking trash to mods? Good for you, you had a good experience as SCS. Prepare to be totally screwed over. You are naive and unintelligent if you think otherwise. Nobody here appreciates your attitude so lose it or LEAVE!!!

Last edited by Steppin Razor; 05-25-2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
BTW...be up front and SAY that which dealer you work at, instead of acting innocently like a happy customer! Just as shady as their crappy salesmen!

Originally posted by Roo Tech
I am a Dealer! I can help you find out what is wrong, but I need
to know what year, make of you car. this should not be hard for you to do the testing for me! Let me know dude
Steven's Creek Subaru will be getting 8 for starters!
Now Now Be nice, They have changed the GM and the service Manager to make there CSI #1 in the Bay Area! they took great care of me with my WRX from day one.
Disclaimer: If for some reason I've misinterpreted all available evidence, and you don't actually work for SCS, then I apologize, and you simply need to realize that they are a terrible dealership with smelly salesman who don't know anything about their cars and are just out to rip us off!

edit: it appears Velo posted exactly what I was thinking, but with some grace and tact. What's the story?
Old 05-25-2003, 05:20 PM
@Stoptech

Originally posted by mexicanpizza

edit: it appears Velo posted exactly what I was thinking, but with some grace and tact. What's the story?
lmao!! well, hey if the guy wants to contribute positively to the boards and the community, then great. but acting like a satisfied customer when you actually work at the place is deceptive, and like eric i do not appreciate such tomfoolery. so come clean roo and tell us who you are because as of right now, you're not making all too hot of a first impression.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:54 PM

Originally posted by Steppin Razor
Yes, he does speak for everyone.
Only on this issue I would say.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:34 AM

Car Info: All Subaru
Here it is, I did work for them and I send my Sub’s their for Warranty work. As for SCS asking me to better their Image, they did not. They are making changes in the service department. I send my customer there for warranty repairs.

I feel the need to post as much tech info for people on I-club as I can in the love for Subaru!
Old 05-26-2003, 10:40 AM

Well I could have just said New shop open, but felt it work out
better to show the I care about the customer and have the
knowledge of Sub's
Old 05-26-2003, 12:46 PM
@Stoptech

Here it is, I did work for them and I send my Sub’s their for Warranty work. As for SCS asking me to better their Image, they did not. They are making changes in the service department. I send my customer there for warranty repairs.

I feel the need to post as much tech info for people on I-club as I can in the love for Subaru!
So where DO you work?
Old 05-26-2003, 01:03 PM

Well, it's good that you've come clean about this, but imo you may be doing more harm as being exposed as a rube/agent/sympathizer/lackey of SCS, rather than an honest and unbiased 3rd party which - and with no offense intended - you simply are not.

If SCS is really changing their image (again), good for them. Just don't expect much "love" from the subaru community until they've bent over backwards a few times to prove it.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:03 PM

I just opened www.stagemotorsports.com this month in San Jose
SCS give me new cars to take to the in and out burger meet each week
I buy parts from them and show off the new 2004 WRX
Old 05-26-2003, 03:42 PM

Good luck with the new shop. Are you more tuning-oriented, or more for general repairs? I ask b/c most tuners don't buy many OEM parts, at least not from dealers. Thanks for not taking the bias we generally have against SC personally. As I said before, you seem to be a genuinely knowledgable and helpful guy, and I hope to see you continue to post here.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:48 PM

Here's the incredibly funny coincidence that brings this full cycle- my 'other' car is a 1980 Datsun 280ZX.

Quick Reply: Feel the Steven's Creek love