Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI

This feedback is serious, and hopefully will be considered.

Someone is out of control with the subdividing of the forums. This place needs to be time-efficient for browsing.

First it was moving BAIC meets to their own forum. I never visit anymore, because I don't necessarily want to constantly checkup to see if there are new local events. I would, however, see these in my normal BAIC browsing.

Then it was the Private Classifieds. Now there are 5, yes FIVE, subforums that I have to look through. I don't know about you guys, but 95% of the time that I buy something off this forum (or NASIOC/clubWRX/etc) I'm not looking for anything specific, I'm just browsing.

NOW you've moved all BAIC local sales out of the forum.

Let's let the madness end,

Eric

ps. Or I will soon be all alone in my forum for 25% Mexicans that Drive White Sedans with Gold Wheels that live in the Bay Area
Old 01-13-2004, 04:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
hey *****!!!! i have gold rims and am mexican!!!

but yeah i agree the meets are going down hill and screw selling crap in ba forum...

whats next a sub forum for sightings????

its over kill ..... and yeah
edgar,

Last edited by zumnwrx; 01-13-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

You can come in my forum then. lol
Old 01-13-2004, 05:43 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Hey, Eric. While I wasn't aware of the changes until they were already made, I thought the Classifieds changes were for the better - for the BAIC members, their FS items were pushed down so fast that it was missed by some. That said, constructive feedback is a good thing so let's hear from the membership about the pros and cons of the forum changes.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 01-13-2004, 05:45 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
i like the extra forum, makes things a lot more organized. are you too lazy to just click on one link to see whats for sale?

i think it is more time efficient for browsing, cause if i can look at baic and not have to read through 10 titles that say FS when i don't have any money to buy anything, and likewise for the meetings

and if i do want to buy somehting, i can just click on the classifieds link and all the threads are for sale threads so i don't have to search through 3 or 4 pages of stuff to see what is for sale this week
Old 01-13-2004, 05:46 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Constructive, please.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 01-13-2004, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Well Boo Fu*king Hoo i want my milk and cookies

I think it's a lot more organized...you want to look at the meets then you goto the meet forum, what's for sale/trade then goto the classfieds, read some jibba jabba then shoot the sh*t in the original forum.

It keeps threads active longer so you don't have to "bump" it all the time which also reduces those types of posts. So what's the big deal!?

Eric
Old 01-13-2004, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

I think it's because of all the "jibba jabba" useless posts that this organization became necessary.

Whatever...WW understood me. It's funny to see which people are unable to have a civil discussion without insults/stupid comments. GJ guys!
Old 01-13-2004, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally posted by mexicanpizza
I think it's because of all the "jibba jabba" useless posts that this organization became necessary.

Whatever...WW understood me. It's funny to see which people are unable to have a civil discussion without insults/stupid comments. GJ guys!
I was just being "a matter of fact" about it... it's just the way i am sometimes so don't take offense. I just think the different forums we have now are fine. Keeps the BAIC from becoming another OT which you have to bump every minute to stay on the first page. now if there was a forum for sightings, politics etc etc then that would be overkill.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:56 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by Sisqocqk
I was just being "a matter of fact" about it... it's just the way i am sometimes so don't take offense. I just think the different forums we have now are fine. Keeps the BAIC from becoming another OT which you have to bump every minute to stay on the first page. now if there was a forum for sightings, politics etc etc then that would be overkill.
Alright alright I took it wrong

But here you are just talkin the crazy talk: "...keep BAIC from becoming another OT..."

That's exactly what I'm saying...they just took all the ON-T threads and put them somewhere else:

-Local subaru events
-local meets
-installfests
-sales

So BAIC is now just another OT. No reason to read it unless I want to read about who's mom took a :banana: in the poopah.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:05 PM

Car Info: GDA
despite my organization **** tendency, i'll have to agree with mexicanpizza here. some sub-section would be nice (for sale section), but the division of the For Sale section into the new, used, and oem sections is a bit of an overkill. you really do have to *LOOK* for a specific item rather than just browse.

db
Old 01-13-2004, 09:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
I DISAGREE!

I think the forum splitting is for the better...just sold a bunch of stuff before and after the forums split and I generated the same response either way and find searching the split FS forums much easier and less time consuming.

But I could be wrong
Old 01-13-2004, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally posted by doughboy
, i'll have to agree with mexicanpizza here. some sub-section would be nice (for sale section), but the division of the For Sale section into the new, used, and oem sections is a bit of an overkill.

db
*clears throat* uhm.... CREDIT for the over kill comment please...!?!

edgar,
Old 01-13-2004, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by zumnwrx
*clears throat* uhm.... CREDIT for the over kill comment please...!?!

edgar,
hahah...did not read all the posts ahead of mine.

*cough* ahem. credit for "overkill" goes to....EDGAR!!!!

db
Old 01-13-2004, 09:31 PM

Thanks for merging the For Sale sub-sections into one! If only Subaru would hear our concern and act this promptly!!!

db

Quick Reply: FEEDBACK: Forum splitting