Fear the Traffic light camera NO MORE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 11:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
they have those cameras in CA, they have about 3 of them Fremont Alone
Old 05-18-2004, 12:29 AM

Car Info: a car with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77
are you saying 3 intersections in fremont or 3 camera alone??
Old 05-18-2004, 12:33 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77

I think there located at, Mowry and Blacow, Blacow and Stevenson, Mowry and Fremont Blvd. Is there any more?
Old 05-18-2004, 02:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
theres hella more.. theres the majority is on fremont blvd. theres. fremont blvd and automall, fremont blvd and paseo padre, fremont blvd and decoto. whatever the intersection is at denny's on mowry, thats like the only small intersection with one, and a few on paseo padre that i may be forgetting... i dont think there's one on blacow and stevenson i have to run that pos all the time cause it never turns green when im on my bike or in a small car....
Old 05-18-2004, 08:41 AM

Car Info: a car with 4 wheels
i think there is just too many of them....
Old 05-18-2004, 12:04 PM

Not to encourage anyone to run red lights, but if you're about to, just flip your visor down... if the camera can't get a clear picture of your face, you don't get a ticket.

And yeah, I've tried that photoblock spray... doesn't look like it would work, but I haven't exactly field-tested it...

The clear covers that go over the license plate are actually illegal in CA (even though I see them all the time.)

Oh, and whoever said that we should have red-light cameras at every intersection: are you a model citizen who always obeys the rules of the road, such as speed limits? If not, then get off your high horse...
Old 05-18-2004, 12:11 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by riptide2
Oh, and whoever said that we should have red-light cameras at every intersection: are you a model citizen who always obeys the rules of the road, such as speed limits? If not, then get off your high horse...
yep thats what i said

what does wanting those things at every intersection have to do with me being a model citizen?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by wrx ish
yep thats what i said

what does wanting those things at every intersection have to do with me being a model citizen?
Well, if you're not a model citizen, and do, indeed, break some traffic rules occasionally, then you're implying that the rules which you're breaking aren't as important as running red lights.

Which makes you sound like a hypocrite.

Also, don't you think that we would catch a lot more criminals if the government installed a videocamera inside every person's house? Would you consider that to be a good idea?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:57 PM

U know that news broadcast made the price of one can prolly increase like 20 bux. DAMN YOU PUBLICITY!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:01 PM
ish

Well, if you're not a model citizen, and do, indeed, break some traffic rules occasionally, then you're implying that the rules which you're breaking aren't as important as running red lights.

Which makes you sound like a hypocrite.
i never said that i should be exempt from the law. if i ever got pulled over because i am doing something illegal, i accept the consequeces that go with it. how that makes me a hypocrite i am not sure.

Also, don't you think that we would catch a lot more criminals if the government installed a videocamera inside every person's house? Would you consider that to be a good idea?

again, that is exactly what i was implying. way to pick up on that subtle hint that i had in my previous posts
Old 05-18-2004, 01:54 PM

i never said that i should be exempt from the law. if i ever got pulled over because i am doing something illegal, i accept the consequeces that go with it. how that makes me a hypocrite i am not sure.
Yeah, okay. But I didn't see you call for increased enforcement of the laws which YOU are breaking. You only called for increased enforcement of the laws which you, presumably, are not breaking. And that is hypocritical.

again, that is exactly what i was implying. way to pick up on that subtle hint that i had in my previous posts
Ah... nothing works like sarcasm, when you're out of real arguments...
Old 05-18-2004, 02:38 PM
ish

Yeah, okay. But I didn't see you call for increased enforcement of the laws which YOU are breaking. You only called for increased enforcement of the laws which you, presumably, are not breaking. And that is hypocritical.

Ah... nothing works like sarcasm, when you're out of real arguments...

i only mentioned the red light cameras because that is what this thread is about. in actuallity i think there should be more law enforcement out on the roads. (cities, neighborhoods, hwys, etc). i don't think there are enough police officers out there right now.

and out of real arguments? that comment that i refered to imo was so out there and unrelated that it didn't deserve an actual reply
Old 05-18-2004, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Facts about red light cameras:

- Who makes money? Not (only) the city or county, but the camera manufacturer/installer/operator. Every time you get a RL photo and a conviction, the company running the show gets a royalty.

- If the company has a stake in royalties how does this affect the roads? It doesn't actually decrease RL running, it increases it. That's sounds stupid, how's that, smart guy?! The company running the cameras encourage the city to shorten yellows. If you haven't noticed yellow lights shortening at redlight cameras you aren't paying attention. This actually creates more accidents because the morons coming in a perpendicular direction, who are the type to watch your light turn yellow and try to blow through the intersection juuuuust as it turns green for them, will broadside you because everyone is now misjudging the light. This scenario is plain stupid, but people do it all the time and shorter yellow make it worse, not better.

- Changing any facet of a traffic direction is bad news any time, for that matter. Yes, if people are paying attention it should never be a problem. But lets face it people are so comfortable with their common roads that they don't. Instead of making the situation worse and blaming everyone, how about trying to find solutions that don't make the sitaution worse... oh which couldn't be called solutions in the first palce *duh*. This is akin to putting in a new stop sign. When a new stop sign is put in place do the police wait a block before the new sign and wave to people to slow down and warn them of the oncoming sign? Or instead, do the put up a dinky "stop ahead" sign and wait 10 yards around the corner so as you blow the new sign they can give you a ticket. Now, which scenario actually serves the public and produces a safer situation?

What does, in my opinion, reduce pedestrian/auto and auto/auto accidents? Those blinking DON'T WALK lights with countdown signs. I've noticed fast routes slow down at GREEN LIGHTS as there are 2 or 1 or 0 seconds left on those clocks and THEN the light turns yellow. I love those things. It lets the drones feel like they are choosing to stop, which helps their stupid little sense of pride and entitlement thus enabling them feel comfortable stopping despite that they are 20 minutes late.

I say remove the cameras and put in the countdown walk/don't-walk timers.

jason
Old 05-18-2004, 03:57 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
I used to use high gloss clear on my plates. That's all it is.

Quick Reply: Fear the Traffic light camera NO MORE!!!