FBI is now investigating Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, AIG

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:21 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by psoper
I know people like you will try to argue that some people actually "earn" this kind of money but I just can't buy that.

How elitist of you!

Why do "people like you" hate rich/wealthy folks if they have earned their money from working/investing?

I know several folks that have a lot of money...amounts that would put them into your tax program.

Why should they pay more in taxes?
Old 09-25-2008, 02:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
How elitist of you!

Why do "people like you" hate rich/wealthy folks if they have earned their money from working/investing?

I know several folks that have a lot of money...amounts that would put them into your tax program.

You are the white debil!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:58 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
How elitist of you!

Because liars and thieves on the other side of your friend's "investing" were in actuality ripping them off- but telling them they were getting rich, now that they've been called out they are saying the taxpayers should bail them out - I'm only saying the people who profited should be the ones paying for it.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
How elitist of you!

Personally, I feel they shouldn't.

BUT

I feel we have WAY too many tax loopholes, and these folks do everything they can to get out of paying taxes. I know many of them, they hire people to get them out paying taxes and other fees associated to their wealth.

If we get rid of these stupid tax credits and loops holes for large SUVs, Yatchs, and other loopholes we would have much more money that needs to be in the govt's income. Instead we tax everyone and leave the loopholes for the rich.

I say we all pay the same income tax rate, but have ZERO loopholes or luxury credits. Some credits should exist for those who need it like the elderly who are on small fixed incomes and the disabled, not for the wealthy.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Name me one person in the entire frigging world whose annual personal contribution to the well being of their company or for that matter- the well being of society- is more than a net 10 million dollars.

I don't think such a valuable person exists, despite the fact that several thousand individuals pull in considerably more, I contend those to be ill-gotten gains, either directly or indirectly at the expense of taxpayers or else through ruthless exploitation of shareholder trust or labor/worker generated wealth.
Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Larry Ellison, shall I go on?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:25 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Name me one person in the entire frigging world whose annual personal contribution to the well being of their company or for that matter- the well being of society- is more than a net 10 million dollars.

I don't think such a valuable person exists, despite the fact that several thousand individuals pull in considerably more, I contend those to be ill-gotten gains, either directly or indirectly at the expense of taxpayers or else through ruthless exploitation of shareholder trust or labor/worker generated wealth.
william H gates III

if i understood the question right
Old 09-25-2008, 03:28 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by jewpac42
Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Larry Ellison, shall I go on?
DAMN YOU!!! stole my thunder hahahahhaha

yeah good job i jsut finished catcing up
Old 09-25-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
DAMN YOU!!! stole my thunder hahahahhaha

yeah good job i jsut finished catcing up

Not to mention, any CEO worth a **** would take most of their compensation in the form of stock, so their compensation would be directly related to the performance of their company. I.E. Steve Jobs' annual salary is $1.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:39 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Because liars and thieves on the other side of your friend's "investing" were in actuality ripping them off- but telling them they were getting rich, now that they've been called out they are saying the taxpayers should bail them out - I'm only saying the people who profited should be the ones paying for it.
With that, I agree.
But making a blanket statement "tax the rich!!" including those that actually worked for their wealth is utter bull****.

Plus, it smacks of "sour grapes".
Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 PM
9 to 5 mod

Not to mention, any CEO worth a **** would take most of their compensation in the form of stock, so their compensation would be directly related to the performance of their company. I.E. Steve Jobs' annual salary is $1.
not to metion billy G and warrent buffet are both donating over half thier welth when they die to charity

and they have been big philanthropers thier career

bill gates dropped out of a great college to work
Old 09-25-2008, 03:41 PM
9 to 5 mod

With that, I agree.
But making a blanket statement "tax the rich!!" including those that actually worked for their wealth is utter bull****.

you shut up you people
Old 09-25-2008, 03:43 PM

With that, I agree.

Why shouldn't the rich pay? I mean they are the ones who really have the influence of how the money is spent, why don't they spend their own ******* money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve jobs is a d bag. FYI
Old 09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Why shouldn't the rich pay? I mean they are the ones who really have the influence of how the money is spent, why don't they spend their own ******* money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously

a. Don't work.
b. Live w/ parent(s).
c. all of the above.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx

Why should the rich pay more than everyone else? Becuase they work hard for their money? Becuase you are jealous of what they have? There are some rich people out there who have not earned what they have, but why make a blanket statement involving all of the rich?

Why do you say Steve Jobs is a douche bag? Because he makes the most user friendly tech accessories available on the market?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
You really think that? They drove their companies into the ground, made it seem as though everything was OK and eventually needed to be rescued by the government. If AIG wasn't so big they should have been allowed to file for bankruptcy. They only people this bailout will benefit are the senior execs who mismanaged thier company so badly that the bailout was needed and the stock holders who knowing took a risk when purchasing stock.

When you take a risk you aren't supposed to reap the benefits if it pays off anf if it fails you shouldn't be given all your money back by Uncle Sam, also known as the American Tax Payer. These executives have lined thier, already deep pockets, at the expense of future generations of tax payers. The national debt has been raised by $1.5 Trillion over the past 12 months, it took well over 200 years for America to amass its first $1.5 Trillion in debt.
Sarcasm...

They are "smart" in that they ****ed up, made millions and are now going to get saved by us, and still make even MORE money, and then they will say they have to downsize or file for bankruptcy anyways, and then our money is ****ing GONE.

These people are master schemers, just like the Tyco, and Enron boys... They are stealing from us, and will steal if we keep deciding to bail them out.

Quick Reply: FBI is now investigating Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, AIG