FBI is now investigating Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, AIG

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 PM

Car Info: nothing
i hope they rape them god damnit!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:51 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
My mom was supposed to settle a lawsuit with her former employer, which is insured by AIG. I told her they'll just toss her a chub pack of AIG stock on toilet rolls instead of $150k.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by jinorazi
also tied with the governement, most likely like the bush administration.
chances are the 9 billion dollar bailout was planned long before with those 1% people.
and after 20 years later there will be a movie called ocean thirty two based on this and people will think its all fiction.
Which 9 Bil bailout? They spent 85 on AIG, which was necessary, however their executives should be forced to give back any bonuses paid out over the last 8 years.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
Is Fannie Mae Sally Mae's ***** of a sister? maybe my student loans will be forgotten about Officespace status
No, Fannie Mae is a GSE that buys or guarantees mortgage paper. Obviously, that is not a good business to be in right now.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
AIG has my car insurance. Think I should switch?
Yes, you should.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
smartest guys in the room anyone?
You really think that? They drove their companies into the ground, made it seem as though everything was OK and eventually needed to be rescued by the government. If AIG wasn't so big they should have been allowed to file for bankruptcy. They only people this bailout will benefit are the senior execs who mismanaged thier company so badly that the bailout was needed and the stock holders who knowing took a risk when purchasing stock.

When you take a risk you aren't supposed to reap the benefits if it pays off anf if it fails you shouldn't be given all your money back by Uncle Sam, also known as the American Tax Payer. These executives have lined thier, already deep pockets, at the expense of future generations of tax payers. The national debt has been raised by $1.5 Trillion over the past 12 months, it took well over 200 years for America to amass its first $1.5 Trillion in debt.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:15 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
FBI investigation or not - our pay to play and endless appeals legal system that accommodates our super rich population will play out as it always has - these executives will still get their money.

The FBI may investigate and may just make an arrest or two - but its all publicity; meanwhile in the courtrooms their $900/hr lawyers are busy securing their client's pay-outs so that when they are released (if applicable) they will be greeted by a new Rolls or Bentley to take them home.

Just look at Enron, MCI, and a few other companies that were unscrupulous in their management - the CEOs still got their vacation time, sick pay and bonuses intact even after fall out.

This bail out proposed by the Bush Administration is just another shining example of how in bed they are with corporate America.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with corporations - it's the American way to make money and manage your business how you want; but FFS can we NOT keep these two separate for more than a single presidential term?!?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:32 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi
Originally Posted by jewpac42
You really think that? They drove their companies into the ground, made it seem as though everything was OK and eventually needed to be rescued by the government. If AIG wasn't so big they should have been allowed to file for bankruptcy. They only people this bailout will benefit are the senior execs who mismanaged thier company so badly that the bailout was needed and the stock holders who knowing took a risk when purchasing stock.

When you take a risk you aren't supposed to reap the benefits if it pays off anf if it fails you shouldn't be given all your money back by Uncle Sam, also known as the American Tax Payer. These executives have lined thier, already deep pockets, at the expense of future generations of tax payers. The national debt has been raised by $1.5 Trillion over the past 12 months, it took well over 200 years for America to amass its first $1.5 Trillion in debt.

I think he's talking about the indie documentary: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413845/
Old 09-24-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by GG STi15
I think he's talking about the indie documentary: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413845/
Yeah, forgot about that.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:17 PM

Which 9 Bil bailout? They spent 85 on AIG, which was necessary, however their executives should be forced to give back any bonuses paid out over the last 8 years.
yea i'm pist because I hear from the most recent bailout, 4 billion or so went to bonuses for high level exec..............

over half aig money paid back was to foreign investors.........

it's all been a total scam on the american people sine Baern Stern (gov allowed jp morgan to hand pick 400 loans, get their 2.1 billion dollar band new building from Stern and ****in turn caused jp morgran to back out of new world trade center plans of investing tens of millions into our economy***** JP MOGRAN payed only a 200 something million).......and has gotten more insulting and more disgusting since.

These bailouts are a total scam and have no rules.

These people have short sold stock, and raped companies....................and we are giving them more money to take advantage of............and costing us billions and billions more in the long run..........

we have truly been **** on by our government

Last edited by slow04wrx; 09-24-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
yea i'm pist because I hear from the most recent bailout, 4 billion or so went to bonuses for high level exec..............

over half aig money paid back was to foreign investors.........

it's all been a total scam on the american people sine Baern Stern (gov allowed jp morgan to hand pick 400 loans, get their 2.1 billion dollar band new building from Stern and ****in turn caused jp morgran to back out of new world trade center plans of investing tens of millions into our economy***** JP MOGRAN payed only a 200 something million).......and has gotten more insulting and more disgusting since.

These bailouts are a total scam and have no rules.

These people have short sold stock, and raped companies....................and we are giving them more money to take advantage of............and costing us billions and billions more in the long run..........

The bailouts are necessary to prevent the American economy from completely melting down. The $85 Bil given to AIG is supposed to be a loan, but I doubt we will see the day where dollar 1 gets paid back. There is also a temporary moratorium on short sales and that is not what ruined the financial sector. Bad loans due to relaxed lending standards, predatory lending and aritifical inflation of housing costs as a result of "cheap money" and the resulting forclousures of properties not worth nearly as much as the loans made on them is what has sent our economy into a tailspin.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:32 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Welcome to 2008.

In the same regard, welcome to the United States of America post 1928.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:57 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
The bailouts are necessary to prevent the American economy from completely melting down. The $85 Bil given to AIG is supposed to be a loan, but I doubt we will see the day where dollar 1 gets paid back. There is also a temporary moratorium on short sales and that is not what ruined the financial sector. Bad loans due to relaxed lending standards, predatory lending and aritifical inflation of housing costs as a result of "cheap money" and the resulting forclousures of properties not worth nearly as much as the loans made on them is what has sent our economy into a tailspin.
its suppose to stop our economy from going into another great depression

but its not a promise
Old 09-24-2008, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
its suppose to stop our economy from going into another great depression

but its not a promise
No, the proposed $700 Billion is supposed to prevent the next great depression. The AIG bailout was completely different.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:15 PM

I just don't understand how it directly keeps us from the next depression. I mean we are giving this money out to mainly foreign investors, and we are printing more money at interest we have to pay back......I mean.........

i don't even see how its suppose to help? except the scare factor.

Quick Reply: FBI is now investigating Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, AIG