Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
thanks for the clarification lol
Old 04-16-2007, 10:34 PM

Car Info: 04 WRB STi - Stock
Originally Posted by 4URABUS
FYI gentlemen, her name is Kelly Mabbott. AFAIK she is single.

(I know for certain that she isn't married.)
Ok well aaaaa let me just check the sign in sheet....

Yep it is Kelly Abbott, that’s what she put under real name. And under the signature she signed Kelly abbott, I think? Soooooo I am going out on a limb here and saying that is her middle initial. Just a guess.

O and I updated the first post with the break down of the car count.

Originally Posted by wrxtunerd
sorry, i had to answer the second one, chics with stis are hot....
+1

Last edited by OrangeDot3083; 04-16-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:35 PM
VIP Member

maybe she should just put her two cents in
Old 04-16-2007, 10:37 PM

Car Info: '08 FSXT (Aspen White)
I alerted Kelly to this thread.

-Mike-
Old 04-16-2007, 10:46 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Oh god this is getting a bit creepy.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:50 PM
VIP Member

im just joking cuz i know there are people out there who tend to jock the hell out of subaru girls, im spoken for
Old 04-16-2007, 10:56 PM

Ok back to cars I have YET to get the story how some one went rallying. Out of the 15 people that are viewing this thread some one has to know.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:56 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX STI Limited Edition
Talking Boys, Boys, Boys...

Originally Posted by OrangeDot3083
2nd one. Where you taking a picture of my car or of Miss Abbott?
You know what don't answer that second one.
John, I think he was taking a picture of my ***! :-) No worries. The STi guys are harmless....all in good fun. I'm a High School Special Education Teacher, so I HAVE to have a good sense of humor. BTW, it is MISS Abbott (single), just so you all know. ;-)

Cheers to a great drive and BBQ,
Until next time....
Kelly :-)
Old 04-16-2007, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

well thanks for clearing it up I promise I didnt even notice you were there until I uploaded the picture lol
Old 04-16-2007, 11:06 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OrangeDot3083
Ok back to cars I have YET to get the story how some one went rallying. Out of the 15 people that are viewing this thread some one has to know.

Okay, okay here's the story Jon.

Going into to one of the early 15mph turns the three STi's in the aggressive group hauled *** threw the turn, the wagon in front of me (urabuswgn) followed, as well as myself and lorin (rally tard), plus those behind us.

the turn was one of those decreasing radius turns and there was hella mud and water on the side of the road. the wagon went off the road into the mud a little and pulled his car back onto the road with some damn good skill. props to you bro

i was behind him and my all season tires made it hard for me to not follow his line threw the mud on such short notice lol. i let off the gas when he started to understeer but knew i was following his line and it was too late. my back tire slide off into a little mud too, counter steered and things were gravy.

then... lol...

lorin came around behind me in his rs, with smaller brakes and stock suspension. i knew he wouldnt be able to slow down because i couldnt have in my rs if i still had it and im sure he had the oh **** eyes. i watched him go threw the turn in my rear view mirror.

he understeered off the road and was completely in the mud swinging it sideways. he countersteered the hell out of his car and slid the whole turn threw the mud and water spraying like a rally car lmao. it looked SOOO TIGHT, I really wish someone had a picture or video of it.... He maintained his composure and came right back onto the road like nothing happened.

Props for him for being able to control the pretty much stock RS with tiny brakes and for also keeping up with the STi's in the Aggressive group threw out the entire drive. He's got some skills, minus the initial understeer of course lol.

aspen06 was right behind him, im sure he could give the story from that point of view

Last edited by medicSTi; 04-16-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:21 PM

I am glad that he came out of it with nothing more wrong with his car then it being dirty. However these are the things I worry about when the aggressive group is on the road. That is why I ask every one to drive at 7/10's. That allows for the save. Had he been pushing all the way to the limit it might have been a different story.

I hope aspen06 log's on and give's his vantage point, bet it makes for a good story.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

yup, i agree
Old 04-16-2007, 11:28 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
That was a great meet. However, that rally story is the reason I didn't run in the aggressive group. Great save though and thanks to all for the meet and drive. Very much looking forward to the next one...

Last edited by importfanatic17; 04-16-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:41 PM
VIP Member

yeah, the only problem with group drives is the domino effect... sti's stop faster than wrx's and wrx's stop faster than rs's. everyone can get caught up in keeping up and temporarily forget that our cars all have different limits, as well us drivers all have different limits. naturally, the faster you go, the larger the impact of that domino effect.

i heard some other cars had trouble in that turn as well, but if they were going slower others had the chance to recover before what happened to the driver in front of them had a chance of happening to them. you cant ever trust the driver in front of you, but sometimes its hard to not just follow the pack.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:43 PM

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White STi Ball'n w/Brides
Ha ha I also agree!!! he is going to be like...was Colin McRae driving that little RS that could!!! lol No but really I fully understand what you mean about driving our cars with 7/10ths in mind. I have always followed stevens lines smoothly through the mountains in the past and have been able to keep up with his little turbo through the turns and what not..That is why I was so eger to make sure I started behind steven because I know he is a good driver and I trust his lines even though our cars handle way different....To me it was just another mountain coarse run for fun...however that decreasing radius turn also had trees blocking my view of the wagon and also of stevens car that happed to of also went off the road a bit. If I would have been able to see their cars I would have slowed down alot more but I was trying to give everyone there space....I dont like riding people's asses through the mountains it is just asking for trouble...-Lorin

Quick Reply: Fairfield drive an BBQ April 15th 2007 Pictures & Video