f! the ncaa...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:07 AM

Car Info: 2010 997.2 GT3
I think it makes sense. Say it as you want but you don't know how USC would have faired that year and it was about time the ncaa did something about this. I mean all schools do it (most) it's just a matter of not getting caught. I mean there are so many schools under investigation and to say everyone hates west coast teams is a bad excuse. Just off the top of my head Boise St., Ohio St., Auburn, Oregon and a few others are still under investigation.

And also Boise wouldn't have made it to the BCS even if they did beat Nevada. It still would have been Oregon and Auburn. Two schools coming from strong conferences and tougher schedules than Boise. If anything everyone hates on the SEC for being king of the throne as of late.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:01 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
USC, ha!
**** USC!
**** the pac10!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:52 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by perry753
**** USC!
**** the pac10!
California doesn't want you either. BYE
Old 06-07-2011, 11:06 AM

Car Info: Frankenstein 02' PBP STi :P (RIP) 2016 WRX
rofl. All schools are at fault about recruiting and boosters giving players money. College football is crazy and alumni will do anything to have their schools do better. Look at Ohio... Their school is getting shiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaattted on right now.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:56 AM

**** USC!
**** the pac12!
*Fixed*
Old 06-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
They would have made it if they didn't lose to Nevada, which was a highly underrated team.
That and... Stanford AND Oregon AND Auburn somehow happened to all lose...

Only reason Boise St. hasn't seen a National Championship game is because the are in the WAC, which won't be a problem soon.

WAC is going to implode on itself pretty soon anyways...
Old 06-07-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Imprezard
I think it makes sense. Say it as you want but you don't know how USC would have faired that year and it was about time the ncaa did something about this. I mean all schools do it (most) it's just a matter of not getting caught. I mean there are so many schools under investigation and to say everyone hates west coast teams is a bad excuse. Just off the top of my head Boise St., Ohio St., Auburn, Oregon and a few others are still under investigation.

And also Boise wouldn't have made it to the BCS even if they did beat Nevada. It still would have been Oregon and Auburn. Two schools coming from strong conferences and tougher schedules than Boise. If anything everyone hates on the SEC for being king of the throne as of late.
Agreed. Hell would have to freeze over and Stanford AND Oregon AND Auburn would all have to find a way to drop the ball in their last week for Boise St. to have ANY chance to show up at the National Championship game.

Did You Know... Boise St. Head Coach Chris Petersen, as well as several other coaches on his staff, are UC Davis alumni. Coach Pete is a Cal Aggie Hall of Famer and holds a few records. If I remember correctly, he had the highest pass completion percentage in UC Davis football history. He's also the very first recipient of the UC Davis Aggie Legacy Award.

http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/genrel/031011aac.html

Obviously, I happen to be very biased...
Old 06-07-2011, 11:41 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Interesting how if you are a player and sell your personal belongs for profit you get kicked out of school. But if your team happens to win a championship along with all the money that comes with it when and you get improper benefits your school's championship is vacated but your school does not need to give the money back.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Usc and bush. Ncaa makes millions and so do the universities.
hey ever stopped to think how its possible to give away so many athletic scholarships to students in EVERY SPORT?

from woman's volleyball, tennis, wrestling, track, ect.

yes they make MILLIONS off the football program but that money does make its way into other athletic programs/scholarships

if you don't know **** about college sports then SHUT THE **** UP

thanks in advance

now if you want to call the bowl committees crooks... you can be my guest!

Last edited by zumnwrx; 06-08-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by zumnwrx
hey ever stopped to think how its possible to give away so many athletic scholarships to students in EVERY SPORT?

from woman's volleyball, tennis, wrestling, track, ect.

yes they make MILLIONS off the football program but that money does make its way into other athletic programs/scholarships

if you don't know **** about college sports then SHUT THE **** UP

thanks in advance

now if you want to call the bowl committees crooks... you can be my guest!
Zumwrx is right. Football is the huge money-making sport that pretty much funds every other sport. It's really the only venue where you can bring in a ton from ticket sales. Basketball doesn't really have that huge of a venue. Maples Pavilion and Haas Pavilion (Stanford and Cal, respectively) only have seating for maybe 9 or 10,000 people. Places like Ohio St. and Michigan, and especially Michigan can easily bring in 90,000 fans.

I don't know how about college ball, but it is incredible expensive in order to fund a football team, let alone a Division I football team.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:07 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by darkonion
That and... Stanford AND Oregon AND Auburn somehow happened to all lose...

Only reason Boise St. hasn't seen a National Championship game is because the are in the WAC, which won't be a problem soon.

WAC is going to implode on itself pretty soon anyways...
Well and that they are in the WAC, but Nevada sucked nationally which destroyed any chances of Boise going to the BCS.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
Zumwrx is right. Football is the huge money-making sport that pretty much funds every other sport. It's really the only venue where you can bring in a ton from ticket sales. Basketball doesn't really have that huge of a venue. Maples Pavilion and Haas Pavilion (Stanford and Cal, respectively) only have seating for maybe 9 or 10,000 people. Places like Ohio St. and Michigan, and especially Michigan can easily bring in 90,000 fans.

I don't know how about college ball, but it is incredible expensive in order to fund a football team, let alone a Division I football team.
especially true in the Big10 (both me + my bro go to Big10 schools). Besides Ohio St and maybe Wisconsin, every other Big10 team sucks at football, but people there pay a lot of attention to basketball and women's volleyball (lol)
Old 06-08-2011, 02:44 AM

especially true in the Big10 (both me + my bro go to Big10 schools). Besides Ohio St and maybe Wisconsin, every other Big10 team sucks at football, but people there pay a lot of attention to basketball and women's volleyball (lol)
Yeah. Hoops is popular, but I don't think they bring in nearly as much revenue from ticket sales as Football.

Cameron Indoor Stadium only accommodates 9,000 people... something like that. That's about the same as Haas or Maples. And that's Duke... That is a basketball school.

Revenue that is produce by all the sports are usually put into the general athletic fund. That's usually the to-go fund for ALL athletic expenses. We are talking athletic staff, coaches, trainers, event fees, travel expenses, and pretty much everything else.

Mind you... bigger schools will usually get more money, especially when you have alumni who have deep pockets.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:05 AM

Agreed. Hell would have to freeze over and Stanford AND Oregon AND Auburn would all have to find a way to drop the ball in their last week for Boise St. to have ANY chance to show up at the National Championship game.

Did You Know... Boise St. Head Coach Chris Petersen, as well as several other coaches on his staff, are UC Davis alumni. Coach Pete is a Cal Aggie Hall of Famer and holds a few records. If I remember correctly, he had the highest pass completion percentage in UC Davis football history. He's also the very first recipient of the UC Davis Aggie Legacy Award.

http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/genrel/031011aac.html

Obviously, I happen to be very biased...
That's pretty cool I didn't know that about Petersen. My girlfriend goes to Davis and I go to ASU haha I can't wait to see how that game turns out.

Originally Posted by ruehl
Interesting how if you are a player and sell your personal belongs for profit you get kicked out of school. But if your team happens to win a championship along with all the money that comes with it when and you get improper benefits your school's championship is vacated but your school does not need to give the money back.
Actually you don't get kicked out of school for selling your own memorabilia, look at the Ohio state team and Pryor (who sold his memorabilia for tattoos) he is only getting a 5 game suspension but now I hear he is leaving to try and enter the NFL supplemental draft. Well its retroactive punishment on USC, I mean money doesn't mean anything to the past. It's the fact they have the 2 year punishment to pull them from bowl contention and lose over 30 scholarship recruits is what really hurts the school. It's not like the title is going to Auburn that year (although the coach want it) the memories are still there from winning the championship the photos won't change.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:33 AM

Car Info: Frankenstein 02' PBP STi :P (RIP) 2016 WRX
Originally Posted by Imprezard
Actually you don't get kicked out of school for selling your own memorabilia, look at the Ohio state team and Pryor (who sold his memorabilia for tattoos) he is only getting a 5 game suspension but now I hear he is leaving to try and enter the NFL supplemental draft. Well its retroactive punishment on USC, I mean money doesn't mean anything to the past. It's the fact they have the 2 year punishment to pull them from bowl contention and lose over 30 scholarship recruits is what really hurts the school. It's not like the title is going to Auburn that year (although the coach want it) the memories are still there from winning the championship the photos won't change.
Pryor is leaving the team because he's under investigation for improper benefits like Bush. Apparently he's received free cars throughout his years at OSU

Quick Reply: f! the ncaa...