Evo or STi? (was: alright, here it goes, be honest guys :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:01 PM
ZK

Car Info: 08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10
Originally Posted by qwk_wrx
but with some suspension mods, you can get an STI to handle great with some suspension tweeks, but i think the STI's have a better looking body also...
Haha... looks is where neither of these cars have it. In one corner, the 4 door box car. In the other you have the roundish bubbly thing with the pig nose.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' Evo 8
did i say they were beautiful, no, but purposeful yes...its all taste brotha, everyones is different. i personally like pigs? what you do not like pigs, thier cherry blossom red, they oink and there cute little animals when cleaned up...
Old 02-27-2006, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
Pinoy boy,

Sounds like you already made up your mind. Sounds like 04/05 STI. Face it Rocky, this is your fate. You've been sayin it through this whole thread. You like the look/ styling of the STi, as well as it fits your budget better + you haven't said a lot about the Evo VIII. And. . If Huck lets you back into the club, then you're money!

Or you can buy back your old Rex from Kev, and mod the heck out of it!

STI, STI, STI, STI,STI, STI,STI, STI,STI, STI,STI, STI it's in your head.

~g
Old 02-27-2006, 06:34 PM

Car Info: 04 STi & an autox Lemming
Originally Posted by hey1
auto x evo
This is so wrong. Depends on the class you want to compete, in Street Touring level, many will agree 06 STi > *, in Street Prepare, then Evo is better due to unlimited boost with the bigger stock turbo.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
You're retarded, save your money. You are a student so you have no money. Your car is nice and it gets you to school and back, deal with it. I know it must be ruff to drive a modded M3 everyday, but get over it.

We love ya Rocky, but come on. Just worry about school for now

-Adam
Old 02-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
You're retarded, save your money. You are a student so you have no money. Your car is nice and it gets you to school and back, deal with it. I know it must be ruff to drive a modded M3 everyday, but get over it.

-Adam

that's exactly what i told him
Old 02-28-2006, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon black
Enjoy why'd you can. EVO 9MR IF its possible But good luck. Cheers&ENJOY!!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:28 PM

Buy an evo.

It like the fact that my STI is a bit more rare on the street than all the Evos.

Keeping the number of STI on the street lower will also help to keep my resale value higher.. just in case.
After all, the better car should keep its value better than the run of the mill street machine.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
Originally Posted by wm07
This is so wrong. Depends on the class you want to compete, in Street Touring level, many will agree 06 STi > *, in Street Prepare, then Evo is better due to unlimited boost with the bigger stock turbo.

so wrong?

1 + 1 = 3 is so wrong.

opinions can never be wrong.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:26 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top

-Adam

+1. But yeah, the EVO IX wins hands down. I just got mine. There it is getting a TBE installed.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:20 PM

-Adam

It's all fun to live dreams through others (STI's Evos, and the like), but. . . . Adam's right (and Max too)! I should not be promoting you getting things your don't need right now! In fact, maybe you sell your beemer for the great price you are gonna get, buy a beater or buy your old WRX back to get you through school, save your money in the meantime, and when you graduate bust out the ride of your dreams as a gift to yourself for finishing college!

~gus

Last edited by adizon; 02-28-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by adizon
It's all fun to live dreams through others (STI's Evos, and the like), but. . . . Adam's right (and Max too)! I should not be promoting you getting things your don't need right now! In fact, maybe you sell your beemer for the great price you are gonna get, buy a beater or buy your old WRX back to get you through school, save your money in the meantime, and when you graduate bust out the ride of your dreams as a gift to yourself for finishing college!

~gus

hit the nail on the head
Old 02-28-2006, 08:36 PM
VIP Member

thats true guys but i have been working my *** off working down here. i do not spend any money i drink on very rare occasions ( one of my best friends was just killed in a drunk driving incident) and do not go out to any great eaterys. Therefore i am in a decent financial position for this by myself. so i look at it as a great way to build credit and drive a great car i do not have to do anything to to be happy to. not saying i am going to keep it stock, but i am not going to go crazy with it. I know if i keep the M3 its destined to have a blower on it, but it does have 150k miles, which is not exactly high, but for a high enough to sell for the most i can get for it. If i do decide to keep it, it is none the less expensive to maintain. either way Adam, Max, Gus thank you for the advice of course you guys are always ones i always trust as family. But i am thinking this is what i want to do. i have a job locked for next year, and however long i want to keep it that is more than sufficient for car payment and 150 bucks for myself during the week. so i am going to be looking around for a used STi, or a 06 evo GSR maybe MR. but we will see......................

-Rocky
Old 02-28-2006, 08:52 PM

Either way Rock,

We'll still love ya man!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

lol, thanks gus... either way still be going to more suby meets than evo meets...only evo at mt. hami

Quick Reply: Evo or STi? (was: alright, here it goes, be honest guys :)