VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
i hate evos
Old 10-29-2003, 07:45 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by dr3d1zzl3
i hate evos
^lol^

i dunno about you guys, but i check out everycar there, then i give the more attention to where the crowds at....

but its not really true that the more expensive the car is, it gets more attention..

if i had a geo metro and put nos, big limo spoiler on the roof , electric bov, really nice hubcaps, and take off the muffler do u think i would get any attention? YES i would, and thats what i am going to do to get some attention. so leave me alone while i build it and make my own body kid out of cardboard:banana:
Old 10-29-2003, 08:05 PM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
Originally posted by Daredevil
oh i don't have a 12 second RS, but guys from i-speed do. oen of the times iv'e been to the track everyone crowded the STi and no one was around the i-speed rs, not to mention countless other times the STi has gotten the most attention
Did the crowd know the rs was running 12's?

Don't let the vain crowds get to ya, you probably understand that the STi is a "new" car compared the "old" rs, that and its 2398230 times flashier.

You can probably have a 9 second saturn there that has 50 grand of work in it and they'll still flock to an STi with a sticker or something and ask "how'd you get that sticker??"
Old 10-29-2003, 08:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
Originally posted by 02BlackWRX
you are going to make outferno cry...
LOL!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:21 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
I see the moms driving EVO's... No serious guys, its been all middle aged women that ive seen in EVO's so far (exept at track events, but I meant on the street)
Old 10-29-2003, 10:25 PM

i love the performance of the evo but the car itself is ugly
Old 10-29-2003, 10:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Here's to cardboard body kits! :banana:
Old 10-29-2003, 10:32 PM

huck: get on aim i have something to show you
Old 10-30-2003, 01:15 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
holy crap, new internals already?!?!
Old 10-30-2003, 02:36 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

my mother doesnt drive an STi. she drives a honda civic...
Old 10-30-2003, 06:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Originally posted by Daredevil
i love the performance of the evo but the car itself is ugly
So is the '04. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 '04 WRXs, almost all have been STi's. Its seems people only buy '04s because of the power of the STi or because they were too late to get the version7. Its almost like there was some meeting where a Subaru execs says, "For the last version of the Impreza we made it ugly enough to test the American brain to see if it'd choose performance over power. Our VP publically laughed at Americans when they complained about the "bugeyes". But, to our surprise the WRX sold like hotcakes! Well, it looks like we have to step up the testing a bit. Here's what we do: we'll make a car even faster with better performance all around, but we'll mess with everything about the styling that they like and make it even uglier! Make the nose soft like an Evo, make rear lights have stupid bubbles and make the fender flairs look sorta odd, especially in how they connect to the new headlights...and of course swap out those bugeyes which they've grown so fond of *grrr* and put in Honda-Civic-like lights...oh! and to really screw with them make the STi scoop not only look like a Mustang scoop but make it HUGE [at which point the exec grabs the corners of his mouth with one finger on each side and pulls as hard as he can]. I want UGLY! You hear me?! Can you give me ugly! [and then his audience shouts "UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY...."

Thats how we got the STi in Amerca. In the traditional Japanese way, I think their VP is trying to save face over his past asinine comments

jason

Last edited by mmboost; 10-30-2003 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:15 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by mmboost
So is the '04. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 '04 WRXs, almost all have been STi's. Its seems people only buy '04s because of the power of the STi or because they were too late to get the version7. Its almost like there was some meeting where a Subaru execs says, "For the last version of the Impreza we made it ugly enough to test the American brain to see if it'd choose performance over power. Our VP publically laughed at Americans when they complained about the "bugeyes". But, to our surprise the WRX sold like hotcakes! Well, it looks like we have to step up the testing a bit. Here's what we do: we'll make a car even faster with better performance all around, but we'll mess with everything about the styling that they like and make it even uglier! Make the nose soft like an Evo, make rear lights have stupid bubbles and make the fender flairs look sorta odd, especially in how they connect to the new headlights...and of course swap out those bugeyes which they've grown so fond of *grrr* and put in Honda-Civic-like lights...oh! and to really screw with them make the STi scoop not only look like a Mustang scoop but make it HUGE [at which point the exec grabs the corners of his mouth with one finger on each side and pulls as hard as he can]. I want UGLY! You hear me?! Can you give me ugly! [and then his audience shouts "UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY...."

Thats how we got the STi in Amerca. In the traditional Japanese way, I think their VP is trying to save face over his past asinine comments

jason
You have quite the imagination.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
what cracks me up about the STi is this:

We have our regular Natomas meets. We have, maybe 10 cars out there - 9 WRX and 1 STi. Somebody will be attracted by all the cars, start walking up and go "oooohHH!!! An STi!!". They look at it and leave.

One night we were all driving in to a parking lot - 10 or so of us in a line. An STi in the front. Everybody starts pointing when they see us - only they're pointing at the STi. As soon as the STi goes by, they all go back to what they're doing.

Cracks me up, man
Old 10-30-2003, 09:21 AM

Car Info: GDA
just think of the sti as the new toy around...i'm not saying they'll be obsolete, but they will eventually be replaced by the next toy.

look at the wrx...the '02 owners enjoyed the attn (they still do, depending on where they live) when they first came out; now, the newest game in town is down the block, on the pretty blue car with the sti badge.

db

Quick Reply: Everyone and their mom owns an STi these days