Everyone be careful out there this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 10:44 PM

Car Info: '02 EJ25FXT Stage 2 "No Laggin' Wagon"
Everyone be careful out there this weekend...

Lots of friends having run-ins with local and state authorities for bogus and lame infractions once overlooked now seen as a source of income to offset our state's growing debt.

Case 1: one of the bartenders at our restaurant runs out to feed his meter. Parked behind him a meter"person". With six minutes left, he pops in four more quarters without attitude which would more than enough time beyond the 6:00P time limit. After his shift, he goes back to his car and finds a ticket. Ready for his BS?! Got a $25 ticket for having his rear wheel (and I quote), "19-1/4 inches away from the curb". Granted the drivers' handbook states 18" from the curb. This person got out a RULER and measured the distance from his wheels to the curb.

Case 2: Weekday mid morning... our good friends are headed to LA on I5 south. He drives like a "granny" most of the time. Traffic is light. He gets jumped by CHP and pulled over. The officer pulls him over and stating that he "paced him going 86mph". When did ANYONE get pulled over going 86 on I5???

Be careful out there everyone. California is looking to make it's share of money back off of their drivers. Keep one eye on the road and the other on the rear view mirror.
Old 05-24-2003, 06:50 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Pathetic...

why aren't we arresting state officals for their pure lack of comptency and their mistakes that are costing us?

-Gagan
Old 05-24-2003, 07:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Originally posted by joltdudeuc

why aren't we arresting state officals for their pure lack of comptency and their mistakes that are costing us?
Because you elected them!!!!!!

While I feel for you people who get hassled for breaking the law...if this problem really irks you, it's time to change the people government and STOP VOTING LIBERAL!!!

Keep the damn government out of our lives...this is just the beginning!

-=Eric, from his cabin in the Montana wilderness
Old 05-24-2003, 08:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
Originally posted by mexicanpizza
STOP VOTING LIBERAL!!!

Hehe, funny thats what I say about conservatives, but seriously, Gray Davis sucks, that guy is a good for nothing weasel(sp?).
Old 05-24-2003, 09:32 AM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
You think that state officials are the only problem?

Wait till you see how the Feds will interfere with States' rights...they already have...

if this problem really irks you, it's time to change the people government and STOP VOTING LIBERAL!!!

Old 05-24-2003, 10:22 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Three words.

Memorial Day Weekend.

Everyone is crackin' down on us speedsters and what not. Lookin' for DUI's and blah blah blah, and tryin' to prevent as much accidents as possible.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:06 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
I got pulled over tonight!

I was amazed at first and slightly upset cause I was doing like 68mph and in a line of traffic when it happened.

However, it was NOT for speeding, my Tailights arent working!!! He just told me to put on my hazzards and drive in the right lane slow, so I did, and thanked him for telling me and doing a good job Nice guy too.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:24 AM

Car Info: 2003 blue EVO
Because you elected them!!!!!!

While I feel for you people who get hassled for breaking the law...if this problem really irks you, it's time to change the people government and STOP VOTING LIBERAL!!!

Vote your concince.... If you don't vote liberal, or at least you waste your vote on a conservative your town could end up like this one

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?nav=hptop_tb
Old 05-25-2003, 01:10 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
tons of cops this weekend. On friday just driving through fremont to a friends i saw about 4 cops. Almost same thign on saturday evening. I almost **** my pants though. After coming back from highway 9 with a few friends (met 2 suby owners at bottum of the highway, if you read this reply cause i forgot your sn's ) Anyways we decide to do a topspeed run (its 1am and dont worry i only try when i see no cars in site) Anways we are just crusing at 100 for a while and all the sudden i see this lights in my rear view mirror. And i am like wtf this road must be bumpy cause the lights were flashing around to much. Then as the car gets closer i see its a ****en cop coming up hella fast, so i slow to like 70, turns out there was a major accident on 880 up ahead. But yea to many god damn cops this weekend
Old 05-25-2003, 11:41 PM

Car Info: Tesla Model 3 Performance
Talking

Saw my first EVO on the road today!

Silver and on the side of the road with a CHP standing next to the window.

I saw more cops on the road today between Walnut Creek and Orinda than I have seen in the last few months combined. They were crawling 24 and out in force in WC.

-Bill
Old 05-26-2003, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Ya the cops are everywhere because of the high alert the country is on. I went out on saturday to go to the Baker Beach meet and then desided just to stay home the rest of the weekend, including monday. Watch some film and play my PS2. There i don't get speeding tickets.

rich (gavin-5)

p.s. Who can't park within 18" from the curb? What's his problem? (haha)
Old 05-26-2003, 03:54 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Yeah, they were swarming today. I woke up in Vacaville at 7:15 this morning.. not gonna be easy to make it to Folsom by 8:00! So, I did 85 the whole way. Didn't see a thing all the way through Solano and Yolo. Saw a cop with someone pulled over just past the causeway and thought 'hey, that was lucky, he missed me!' Then, not too far after the 50 split, I see a motorcycle officer standing next to his bike on the shoulder, apparently after having released someone. 'That was pretty close too... glad I am late!' I thought. THEN, just past Rancho, I see a THIRD cop handing over a ticket. At this point, I know I should slow down, but hell, I'm only like 3 minutes from the Folsom exit, so I chance it. Made it without incident. After that, efvery time I was hauling ***, I was dead in the middle of a pack of WRXs, and who is gonna notice litle old me in my RS?