EQ Tuning Protune of my '05 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:08 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Ed FTW in all ways and aspects except for his love and adoration for Potenza S03's as the best tire... RE92s ftw... lol
Old 09-08-2006, 05:27 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Thanks for the nice review and I'm glad you're enjoying your car on a whole new level. Your car made great power for the little amount of mods and the very quiet overall exhaust note. Now its time to keep tracking it and get the tires/brakes/suspension worked out .

FYI: I have permenantly moved to the east bay. I will be in Danville for about a month and then I'll be moving to Berkeley. The full blown shop is coming very soon, but for the time being I'm available for tuning in the Bay Area but I go to back to Davis/Roseville once in a while as well.

Thanks

oh SNAP! you're in danville now? i'd better get my mods together and grab you for a tune before you move out! let me know how long you'll be in town man. that'd make it super easy for me to hook up with you!!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:04 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by slvrsubywgn
What part of Danville you in, Ed? Are you offering services around here?

I'm currently staying just off Old Black Hawk Road (about 5 minutes from Black Hawk). I'm scouting a couple potential roads in the area which look promising so far but I want to check them out a couple more time before I feel comfortable bringing a customer there. As always, I also offer dyno tuning at either Gruppe-S or EIP.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2006, 08:06 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by wagonrex
Ed, I am needing to get a protune, let me know when you will be available. I also need the boost soleniod. I am in the richmond area. Please let me know where you can do it.
I have a couple openings next week. Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to schedule a tune.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2006, 08:07 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by thebing
oh SNAP! you're in danville now? i'd better get my mods together and grab you for a tune before you move out! let me know how long you'll be in town man. that'd make it super easy for me to hook up with you!!
I'll be in Danville for about a month and after that I'll be moving to Berkeley permanantly, so I still won't be too far

Thanks
Old 09-08-2006, 08:10 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver STi Wagon
OMG BERKELEY!!! Ed you are so tuning my car!!! i live right by campus but hate driving down to gruppes to get my car worked. Looking forward to getting tuned by you.

-jon
Old 09-08-2006, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
I'm currently staying just off Old Black Hawk Road (about 5 minutes from Black Hawk). I'm scouting a couple potential roads in the area which look promising so far but I want to check them out a couple more time before I feel comfortable bringing a customer there. As always, I also offer dyno tuning at either Gruppe-S or EIP.

Thanks
Haha sweet! My gf lives up that road. I'll take ya around to some sweet roads.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:26 PM

Car Info: Subaru?
so what would be the rough cost of getting a map or 2 made?
Old 09-09-2006, 03:31 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by WRXakaBooSTi
so what would be the rough cost of getting a map or 2 made?
PM'd you.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2006, 02:34 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Well I found a couple roads out here that look very promising. I'll keep scouting them regularly but it looks like we're a go for road tuning in the San Ramon/Danville area .
Old 09-11-2006, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Exactly what qualities are you looking for in these roads for the purpose of road tuning?
Old 09-11-2006, 02:41 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by slvrsubywgn
Exactly what qualities are you looking for in these roads for the purpose of road tuning?
Relatively high speed limit, very little traffic, rural area with nothing around besides farm land, absolutely no pedestrians, very high visibility, straight, flat. Those are the main qualities I look for.

Thanks
Old 09-12-2006, 03:48 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
here are a couple questions:

My setup is very similar to the posted setup(04 WRX, Stromung TBE+stock 3rd cat, Helix uppipe, perrrin IC hoses, GP Moto snorkel delete)

I was already tuned by you (EQTuning), and would like to get retuned again since I am lookin to squeeze a few more foot pounds by adding an SPT intake and removing the stock 3rd cat I have so I will be running a full kitty killer Stromung TBE.
What sort of changes would need to be made in my map?
Will the SPT intake make a difference?
What else can I do to improve spool time and widen my torque curve in both directions?
I noticed a big performance increase after changing my fuel filter (should have done it at 60K but did it at about 66K), should I change my fuel filter more often since I am tuned?

Here is what my dyno run looked like:
Old 09-13-2006, 11:22 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Matt, the SPT intake and especially the cat delete pipe will make the turbo much more "eager" to spool up. This means that you would likely experience boost spiking on your current map and I would highly suggest getting re-tuned asap once the new parts are installed. Besides the obvious boost map changes, the fuel and ignition advance will have to be massaged as well to get the full potential out of the added mods. I believe you will be very happy with the gains you see from the cat delete. If you're after the best possible spoolup, the only other mod I could recommend is a turbo inlet hose. It really tends to help with overall response even on the stock turbo.

In general changing filters and doing the regular maintanance work a little earlier than recommended is a good idea when running significantly higher power levels than stock . The fact that you noticed a real performance increase when changing the fuel filter says that you should have changed it quite some time ago .

Thanks