EQ Tuning = Cobb AccessPORT dealer and ProTUNER!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 01:14 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Thumbs up EQ Tuning = Cobb AccessPORT dealer and ProTUNER!

After patiently awaiting the release of Cobb ProTUNER, EQ Tuning is proud and excited to announce that we are now a Cobb AccessPORT Dealer and ProTUNER. This means that all of you guys with AccessPORTs can finally get a custom tune and the ones planning a tune in the near future, now have an alternative to the Ecutek reflash for your custom tuning needs.

There are three main advantages of the ProTUNER/AccessPORT platform over an Ecutek reflash:
* The AccessPORT has the ability to store and seemlessly switch between multiple maps (street, high octane, valet mode, anti-theft, etc).

* ProTUNER's live tuning and integrated logging features facilitates the same precision tunes Ecutek reflashes are known for in a fraction of the time, saving the customer time and money.

* If you ever decide to sell your car or decide to go with a different engine management solution, it will be easy to sell the AccessPORT and recover part of your investment without having to swap ECU's and with no downtime.

Pricing will be as follows:
* General road tuning if you already have an AccessPORT - $100/hour

* General dyno tuning if you already have an AccessPORT - $175/hour

* AccessPORT + Road Tuning Package - $700 (WRX), $750 (STI)
(includes atleast 2 hours of road tuning using a wideband O2 sensor and proprietary Road Dyno software)

* AccessPORT + Dyno Tuning Package - $850 (WRX), $900 (STI)
(includes 2 hours of dyno tuning on a Mustang Chassis Dyno at Gruppe-S in Union City or at FLI in Santa Rosa... whichever is more convenient for the customer)

I look forward to working with Cobb and ProTUNER to provide the local Subaru community with the same quality tunes EQ Tuning is known for.
Please post any general inquiries here and feel free to contact me via PM or e-mail for any specific questions.

Thanks

Last edited by MethodBuilt; 08-05-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:14 AM

Car Info: '98 Legacy GT - EJ20 swap, STI RA tranny, VF22+
At this point I actually wish I had an AP instead of an EcuTek tune. It would be really, really convenient to be able to switch between a 91 map and another map(s) for higher octane since I live so close to a 100 pump.....

I could pretty much not care less about a valet mode or "gas mileage" mode

Jeremy
Old 07-15-2005, 07:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Forester XT Touring (Dark Gray Metallic)
Does the $800 dyno tune package include the dyno time also or would one need to pay Gruppe-S for dyno time as well? If so, how much extra would that be?

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2005, 07:55 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by DomozitoLK
Does the $800 dyno tune package include the dyno time also or would one need to pay Gruppe-S for dyno time as well? If so, how much extra would that be?

Thanks!

I would think that includes the dyno time.

Gruppe-S has their own AP/Dyno tuning package as well though
Old 07-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
hmm, i'll probably goto eq, especially with the competitive pricing.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:37 AM

Does the $800 dyno tune package include the dyno time also or would one need to pay Gruppe-S for dyno time as well?
Dude...

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
* AccessPORT + Dyno Tuning Package - $800 (WRX), $850 (STI)
(includes 2 hours of dyno tuning on the Mustang Chassis Dyno at Gruppe-S)
Old 07-15-2005, 11:44 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Thanks!
The $800 dyno tune package does include 2 hours of dyno tuning using Gruppe-S's dyno

Thanks
Old 07-15-2005, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Forester XT Touring (Dark Gray Metallic)
EJ20Legacy: yeah, I read it. But I've read other tuners posts that are very similar and the two hours of tuning could very well be their labor for tuning - not necessarilly dyno time, but since it may not be his shop...and not his dyno, so payment still may need to be made to the owners of the dyno, in this case: Gruppe-S.

I don't think it hurts to clarify, if it wasn't that I've seen a similar issue happen...I would've taken this post at face value.

EQ Tuning: Thanks for the clarification.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:56 AM

Car Info: WR Blue 2004 WRX
Looks like you'll be seeing me in a few months
Old 07-15-2005, 06:00 PM
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
well i currently have an ecuteck ECU and will be switching to the AP tuned by EQ. It is exactly what i need multiple maps, one for pump gas, one for rallycross (high octane), one for autocorss(high octane keeping stock boost but advanced timing and leaning out fuel so i may run in stx), and of course a valet mode for when my friends drive the car. I cant wait for the new tune ed
Old 07-15-2005, 10:09 PM

Sorry 'bout that DomozitoLK -- I think I was sleepwalking

Either way, Ed's tune would be worth it

Jeremy
Old 07-15-2005, 11:02 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon and 08 Civic Si
you really need both - dyno tuning and road tuning because dyno tuned motor only run best wide open and tend to have drivability issues around town atleast my last car did
Old 07-16-2005, 12:19 AM

Ed - as I'm committed to stock 4WD in RallyCross this year I'm limited with things I can do, but is there any point in me getting an AP on an otherwise stock STi? There's certainly plenty of 100 & 110 octane sitting right there at Thunderhill for me.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:55 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by MoDrift
Ed - as I'm committed to stock 4WD in RallyCross this year I'm limited with things I can do, but is there any point in me getting an AP on an otherwise stock STi? There's certainly plenty of 100 & 110 octane sitting right there at Thunderhill for me.
Skyler,

An otherwise stock STI will see plenty of gains with just a tune, especially so on 100 octane. While the top end is also improved, the most significant gains on a 91 octane map will be in the form of large low-mid range torque increases as well as much improved throttle response and consistancy. On the 100 octane map, the top end will also be significantly improved.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2005, 02:54 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

I'd like to add that I will include EQ Tuning base maps on all AccessPorts bought from us. Obviously a base map will not make as much power as a custom tune, but this will give people a good option if they can't afford the custom tune at the time of purchase.

AccessPORTs with base maps are priced at $600 for WRX's and $650 for STI's.

Thanks

Quick Reply: EQ Tuning = Cobb AccessPORT dealer and ProTUNER!