Emergency....jewelry stores

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Ray,
Are you still interested in going into the Gift Center? If yes, go ahead and PM me your full name, I should be able to just leave that for my guy and he'll let you in.

Leo

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
The ring is for me.

We have my fiance's ring. It's a nice platinum ring. Nice enough anyways. Need to get another appraisal now that we have the band as well. Should be like $6000. She's sentimental and she really isn't a jewelry girl. Besides that she has small hands. I don't see her ever "upgrading" Maybe add another band. But who knows, my mom has gone through a couple.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:42 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
we're gonna try somewhat local first but it may be something we have to do. SF is quite a trek right now..haaa. I used to make that commute. Watsonville to S.F. every day now it seems so far away..haaa.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Ray you'd better get on the stick and take a sick day to go find yourself a ring. You can borrow mine.LOL
Old 06-12-2007, 08:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ipozestu
Ray you'd better get on the stick and take a sick day to go find yourself a ring. You can borrow mine.LOL
only working til like 2 today. Then I have thursday and friday off. May have to work a shorty on wed too.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Hey if you're heading up this way, let me know I'll cruise with you. I have to go out to GST to pick up the Wagon after work. Then I'm free
Old 06-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor

Just remember, if you need to have them make it, i'll take ~3 days.

Leo
Old 06-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor

Ray, I gave John a call and left your name with him. He said just drop by and he'll leave your name at the counter. He also said if you come by today, you should have it by Friday. Remember they close at 5PM
Old 06-13-2007, 10:55 AM
General Pimpin'

went to like 7 more stores. Finally found a ring I liked. Fortunately I'm a perfect 10 so every store had my size in stock. I picked up a tungsten ring. Figured it'll take the abuse.

I nearly picked up a paladium ring in brushed finished but it was gonna be SOOOO close in timeing...they had to make it for me. Onsite jeweler. Then I found another one I could ahve gotten that night but I like the tungsten for durability factor. And I was hungry.

Looked at a $5000 platinum band in brushed satin finish...HOLY ****!!!!

thanks to everyone for helping me out with info. You guys all rock. And leo thanks for trying with your buddy. I appreciate it.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:01 AM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
I rock a brushed satin finished white gold ring in 6mm. It has 3 stripes in it that look like the Adidas stripes. I told myself "If i'm going to wear it the rest of my life, I had to get that one."

http://www.shaneco.com/catalog/produ...=190&fromPage=
Old 06-13-2007, 11:04 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by OwlBoogie
I rock a brushed satin finished white gold ring in 6mm. It has 3 stripes in it that look like the Adidas stripes. I told myself "If i'm going to wear it the rest of my life, I had to get that one."

I looked at a couple sick Ti rings like that. One had a black band in it. One had some silver in it. One some white gold and one some plat. But they weren't comfortable.

The paladium rings were sick too but the tungsten will last better and was the most comfortable ring by far.

it's brushed in the middle and polished on the edges. Just enough bling without being to gnarly. All the other ones were dark and shiny. I don't do shiny unless it's chrome on the bumper of my caddy.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor

Any time Ray... It's your big day, you shouldn't have to stress over things like this. I am glad that you got something you like.

I can't believe you got a tungsten ring. we use that sht for neutron testing in los alamos.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:12 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by StupidDent
Any time Ray... It's your big day, you shouldn't have to stress over things like this. I am glad that you got something you like.

I can't believe you got a tungsten ring. we use that sht for neutron testing in los alamos.

I know. It's a bottom rung metal as far as jewelers go. I got weird looks when I go in and look at platinum then say...let me check out that tungsten ring.

But I work on cars a lot. And I'm not to careful with my hands so I feer the plat would just get BEAT all to hell. The paladium is a bit stronger so I almost went that way and was looking at the ti but ti scratches super easy.

I don't wear gloves when I work on anything and I just beat the living hell out of my hands. When I get done working on the caddy I usually looke like I rolled around in greasy cat ****. oil and other car fluids all over the place and cat litter all up in my hair and what not.

Figure hell. Plus I hear it doesn't arc when welding so that's a nice plus.

plus I like it. It was the only ring I really cared to go back to.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor

that's all it matters...

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
plus I like it.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OwlBoogie

Nice Marc. I got this one from Shane. It's being made since I require like an 8. hahah It's Tungsten.

http://www.shaneco.com/catalog/produ...=942&fromPage=

My fiance's ring isn't even on thier website. We've looked and can't find it. We love Shane Company.

I went with the Tungsten cause it has the least conductivity and since I'm gonna be an electrical engineer, I didn't want to take any chances.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:28 PM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
^^^ Nice Justin! Yeah ShaneCo was really good. Funny how they ask where you heard of them and what radio station.

Quick Reply: Emergency....jewelry stores