ECUtec Tuning By Shiggy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:58 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I agree with xhengmanx, We don't need to make this a bash on any other tuners.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:13 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
^^^
yup yup, no need for any of that here... even though i know baic loves the drama

if you have any questions on what is involved w/ getting tuned by shiggy contact autohq or big67 (eric). i can vouch for eric. i have never seen anyone's car tuned so many times by shiggy. but i have also never seen a forester like his either.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:19 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
He was Zerosports' lead tuner before he left a couple months back.
Thank you. It seems he does put in some long hours on a customers car, which is a nice change from the 45 min 'tune' some people like to administer.

Originally Posted by viperkillersti
Ed--world-class my ***. I hear that he doesn't know popular electronic boost controllers, and instead recommends manual boost controllers, and he recommends everyone to get dicksworkz modified injectors.

Not as many people in the area have been tuned by Shiggy as by Mike or Ed, but look for any reports about Shiggy tuning possibly damaging anyone's car. You will not find any.

Say about $500 for a license, not so much to ask considering the price of other reflash options (and don't even mention opensource, analogous to using bootleg computer software, of course that provides no support). Also, consider that many people using opensource are tuning their own cars and don't know what they are doing. Good luck looking for free help for your cheap *** if you choose any cheap/free wanna-be tuners.

And just so you know, it takes zero qualifications to become a Cobb tuner. Cobb never asks about your qualifications. All you need is $2500 for the tuning software for all Subaru models they support, a reseller's permit, a business address outside other shops' territories (aka, most of the land area of the United States of America), and to send one dude at Cobb an e-mail. Oh yeah, there is a paper application, I think about 4 pages, and then a 14 page license agreement. It's that simple: now you are a tuner! Hahahaha.

With one paycheck (from a man with a real job) anyone can open a business (at least on paper) and buy Cobb. Suddenly, road tune some cars and yap on the forums for a couple years, and now you are a world-class tuner! Yeah right, then you are Ed.

The only thing you have to be careful about is picking your business address!

$1000 for a custom tune from a very experienced tuner with a great record--well, when you have spent so much money on your car--$1000 ain't **** for piece of mind and good work. Really, if you have spent 20K+ in mods, or even 5K, do you want to have any problems, short or long term, with your car? Do you want a tuner who spends 3 or 4 hours with your car, only on the road, or only on the dyno? Or do you want a tuner who spends 2-3 hours with your car in the parking lot, most of the day with your car on the street, and then finishes off the tune on a dyno. I'd rather someone spend 8+ hours with my car, and I'm happy to pay the guy who is twice as careful or who does more work---to pay him twice as much money.
You registered to post that crap?

You 'hear' wrong. Ed is considered by many to be one of the, if not the, best West Coast tuner. His preference lies in MBC, so what? I know of people who have had a tune with him using a EBC. Whats wrong with Deatschwerks injectors? Please, enlighten us.

I won't speak of Cobbs business practices because they're irrelevant in this discussion.

You like ECUTek, some don't. Big deal. Wash the sand out of your vagina and stop bashing tuners for absolutely no reason. Oh, and good work completely derailing this thread.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:31 PM

Car Info: 05' Evo MR w/E85 - 10' Ralliart Sportback w/E85
license is less than $600, much less, even with the bad dollar.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 PM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Thank you. It seems he does put in some long hours on a customers car, which is a nice change from the 45 min 'tune' some people like to administer.

You 'hear' wrong. Ed is considered by many to be one of the, if not the, best West Coast tuner. His preference lies in MBC, so what? I know of people who have had a tune with him using a EBC. Whats wrong with Deatschwerks injectors? Please, enlighten us.

I won't speak of Cobbs business practices because they're irrelevant in this discussion.

You like ECUTek, some don't. Big deal. Wash the sand out of your vagina and stop bashing tuners for absolutely no reason. Oh, and good work completely derailing this thread.
agreed!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
this is what i meant.. my bad...
so... you said ecutek ECU yet you didn't mean an ecu but a license.. lol.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:52 AM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
OMGWTFBBQ!!111!! I SEE SOME HATERS!

I understand questioning it but damn it seems like these threads always end up as some leg humping this tuner vs that, you suck because you went there, my tune is better, and whatever else is in between.

*back to sipping the red kool-aid*

LOL
Old 09-15-2008, 08:22 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Oh I love reading I-Club drama in the morning!

Bottom line...you don't like the price then don't be a douche bag and rag on the guy for trying to do some work. This started out to be a thread trying to bring a JDM tuner over here to provide a service and not ment to bash on local tuners starting more BS drama than needed for what BAIC is famous for. Grow up people

Last edited by Hatteroo; 09-15-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by big67
Just to give yall an idea, my car's ecu has been flashed around 120 times by Shiggy!

Ahh this must be Eric with the forrester. Kevin wants to know when you'll be done modifying your car lol
Old 09-15-2008, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 1999 Subaru Impreza L Wagon
Originally Posted by Spoolin415

Ed can Tune, no two words about it. ED spent two days on my car, traveled on his own expense to see that it ran. Made sure that she did on three cylinders. All in all he spent 5-8 hours in the car tuning it, in 105 degree weather. I am sure that I will forgoe his official "credentials" in lieu of his proven ability to get it done and I have yet to have any issues with him tuning for the shop as well.
In regards to Shiggy, I would say the same, have heard nothing but good things about him. It is sad to see that someone will make it a point to bash one over the other.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:09 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by evsoul
so... you said ecutek ECU yet you didn't mean an ecu but a license.. lol.
sorry, i don't use the system anymore, yet it is on my car.. car came with an ECUtek tune...

since then the cobb ap was applied. the cobb took the ecutek map off as the oem map.

i confused vishu and ecutek for a bit. its been awhile since i've read about ecutek lol
Old 09-15-2008, 01:26 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
I'm an ***hole.
Damn....... One post. And you use it to bash on one of the greatest tuners on the West Coast. You are either the dumbest ***hole around, or....... No, its just that one. Ask around the BAIC before typing up a post with your ***.

With one paycheck (from a man with a real job) anyone can open a business (at least on paper) and buy Cobb. Suddenly, road tune some cars and yap on the forums for a couple years, and now you are a world-class tuner! Yeah right, then you are Ed.
Before you say **** like this, find out who the tuner is. FInd out what they did before, and why they choose to do what they do now. I bet you'll be singing a different tune <--- ( pun intended ).

And just so you know, it takes zero qualifications to become a Cobb tuner. Cobb never asks about your qualifications. All you need is $2500 for the tuning software for all Subaru models they support, a reseller's permit, a business address outside other shops' territories (aka, most of the land area of the United States of America), and to send one dude at Cobb an e-mail. Oh yeah, there is a paper application, I think about 4 pages, and then a 14 page license agreement. It's that simple: now you are a tuner! Hahahaha.
Then why aren't you tuning anything?

$1000 for a custom tune from a very experienced tuner with a great record--well, when you have spent so much money on your car--$1000 ain't **** for piece of mind and good work. Really, if you have spent 20K+ in mods, or even 5K, do you want to have any problems, short or long term, with your car? Do you want a tuner who spends 3 or 4 hours with your car, only on the road, or only on the dyno? Or do you want a tuner who spends 2-3 hours with your car in the parking lot, most of the day with your car on the street, and then finishes off the tune on a dyno. I'd rather someone spend 8+ hours with my car, and I'm happy to pay the guy who is twice as careful or who does more work---to pay him twice as much money.
You go ahead and do that. And, not to bash on AutoHQ or anything, but what happens when Shiggy is done, and goes home. All of a sudden, something is wrong with then tune ( these things happen ). Are you gonna fly out to Japan? Or are you gonna fly Shiggy back out to you? Probably not.

Again, not to bash on AutoHQ, but if something goes wrong with Ed's tune or Mike's tune, then they are local. No passport needed.

Ed--world-class my ***. I hear that he doesn't know popular electronic boost controllers, and instead recommends manual boost controllers, and he recommends everyone to get dicksworkz modified injectors.
So, what's on your ride?

Oh yeah, fixed.......
Old 09-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Shops cars: 07 STI & 07 Lotus Exige S
Originally Posted by rau

Again, not to bash on AutoHQ, but if something goes wrong with Ed's tune or Mike's tune, then they are local. No passport needed.
If there is a problem with your tune, Kevin can diagnose it and get you a new map. We talk to Shiggy on a weekly basis. You don't need to worry about that.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
Originally Posted by rau
we're paying extra for some legend to come out and tune a car? thatslike paying extra for a basketball MJ touched.

oh wai.............
unless MJ is teaching you how to shoot the ball then it's not the same.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:01 PM

Car Info: 04 STi

Not as many people in the area have been tuned by Shiggy as by Mike or Ed, but look for any reports about Shiggy tuning possibly damaging anyone's car. You will not find any.

Say about $500 for a license, not so much to ask considering the price of other reflash options (and don't even mention opensource, analogous to using bootleg computer software, of course that provides no support). Also, consider that many people using opensource are tuning their own cars and don't know what they are doing. Good luck looking for free help for your cheap *** if you choose any cheap/free wanna-be tuners.

The only thing you have to be careful about is picking your business address!

lmao - Nice first post, moron.

Name:  Troll.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  29.1 KB

Quick Reply: ECUtec Tuning By Shiggy!