East Bay "Rapists"

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:33 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Quite right but I do feel the need to call out the bull**** when I smell/see it.

Thats cool, keep fighting the good fight.

Calling LEOs rapists in general terminology for doing their job and keeping the streets safe is arrogant and ignorant and I won't just sit by while it happens.

Doing their jobs is one thing, going out of their way to be dicks is another.

Every person here who condones this action I find them morally reprehensible.

Will 10 Hail Marys cleanse me of my morally reprehensible behavior?

The vast majority of us drive street-illegal cars; that is, cars that have been modified beyond the scope of OEM parts and CARB law - so we tend to get pulled over a lot and receive citations.

No ones arguing that.

Guess what? That's the game you play when you drive a modified car and sometimes over the speed limit. Don't like the consequences? Get a stock car and drive no more than the posted speed limit and shut up.

Funny, the one doing the most whining in this thread is you.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
:thingsgettingstirredup:
Old 07-20-2009, 01:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Well said, on all accounts.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:59 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
When they bend you over on the side of the road and rape your wallet?

Sorry, I'm not a cop hater at all, but some of the fines for such ridiculous stuff is akin to rape.
so...

don't break the law!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Whining? Sure if that's what you want to call it.

Personally, I would say it's calling out the bull**** of people arrogantly and ignorantly referring to Law Enforcement as sexual predators.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Overbear
so...

don't break the law!
I'm with you there.

I'm not arguing crime and punishment. I'm simply saying that after getting slapped with speeding citation, is there really any need to start writing citations for things that the person isn't in violation of? I'm using my situation as an example here.

A speeding ticket is one thing, but a speeding ticket + whatever nitpicky BS they can dig up in the 45 minutes while you're parked on the side of the road is just unprofessional.

And yes, I think the amount attached to a lot of those violations is complete crap, but changing that is a whole other problem.

Last edited by Spoolin415; 07-20-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
in my experience. if you are nice to the cop, he will be nice back. we as citizens are just too proud to admit we did anything wrong. ever. if you are nice, and he is a diAck, so be it. he is a diAck. we are not. kill em with kindness.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Yin
in my experience. if you are nice to the cop, he will be nice back. we as citizens are just too proud to admit we did anything wrong. ever. if you are nice, and he is a diAck, so be it. he is a diAck. we are not. kill em with kindness.
I'd LOVE to agree with this, but I just can't. Almost every encounter with a cop has left me wondering if they have any conscience what so ever. Even the cops I'm friends with are a bit 'off'.

I can think of 2 situations out of many where I thought "wow, he was a nice guy". Thats a crappy ratio.

And I'm always the ideal traffic stop, polite, car off, hands on wheel, dome lights on if at night, compliant, never argumentative, etc.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 PM

Car Info: bici putas
I've had good and bad experiences with the fuzz; one let me off, another was convinced I was street racing in a fullsize v6 dodge ram but gave me a ticket for speeding........lulz, one gave the stern angry routine for speeding in the snow, one dropped 30 mph off my speed at 3am for an 88 in 65 because I stopped on an exit shoulder and not the highway shoulder, and one was a full-on douche nozzle for citing me a 70 in a 65.

Calling a cop a rapist is a bit misdirected. If there's any better word for a cop, it's 'tool'.

Not necessarily with a negative connotation, because they are tools for the justice system. And as tools, there are the fluke multitesters and the pickleforks if you catch my meaning.....
Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I'd LOVE to agree with this, but I just can't. Almost every encounter with a cop has left me wondering if they have any conscience what so ever. Even the cops I'm friends with are a bit 'off'.

I can think of 2 situations out of many where I thought "wow, he was a nice guy". Thats a crappy ratio.

And I'm always the ideal traffic stop, polite, car off, hands on wheel, dome lights on if at night, compliant, never argumentative, etc.
Same here.

I am first to admit - maybe even more than necessary - when I do something wrong, but I really do not like to get punished for something I didn't do. Maybe that's just me.

Also, I did not think the tone of this thread was stating that officers were actual rapists in the dictionary term, but rather jokingly referred to as "wallet rapists" even though this is totally obvious.

Last edited by wombatsauce; 07-21-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: I guess I was really bored, and all this stuff doesn't need to be on here twice...
Old 07-20-2009, 12:49 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
I follow the quote made by a band called Corporate Avenger when it comes to being mad at LEOs.

"I don't fault the Police, because the people that run 'em got 'em on a short leash."
Old 07-20-2009, 04:49 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Same here. I have had 2 experiences where an officer seemed to react to my respectful nature and actions. I understand that it must be very unnerving to approach a vehicle in a traffic stop situation, so I do everything possible to let the officer know that I will 100% comply, and that I present zero danger. Dome light on, keys on the dash, hands on the wheel, announcing/asking about any actions (reg and ins in glovebox, may I get it for you now sir?).

This "don't break the law and you won't have trouble" crap makes people sound really stupid, and as if they have never been pulled over before. Most of the traffic stops I have been involved in - I was not doing what I was accused of. I have yet, to-date, received a citation for anything I was actually currently doing. I am proved correct by not winning 1 out of the 11 speeding tickets I have received, in court appearances. In that lost one, I was accused of doing 92 in a 65 on HWY 85 @ Saratoga, but had actually been driving back from my optometrist, with the cruise control on (@ 72 as I was in the middle lane, and #1 lane traffic was moving faster than I was) for 8 miles before the officer saw me. He wove through cars and passed an orange Jeep that was passing me as we passed by the officer, to catch me. He made several comments about my physical appearance (young) and how I was able to obtain the car I was driving (had bought it brand new 3 days earlier, proved by the temp registration on my windshield). Said the words "young punk" a few times, and was incredibly condescending throughout the whole stop. He told me he saw me "come flying around the corner going 92 mph and slammed on the brakes when I saw him" which was impossible in addition to being not true. I plead not guilty, and the judge said to me "I'm sure you are upset that you got stopped and no one else did, but that's just how it happens sometimes." In truth I would have been happy to accept a citation for what I was actually doing, but did not want to go down for 92 in a 65 when there was no way I was doing that, in thick AM traffic on southbound HWY 85.

Most have been similar - get pulled over while actually speeding, but then cited for speeding much faster than I was on top of a few other conjured up items. This is even more odd when you consider that a lot of cars' speedometers read as much as 5mph fast at speed. Some of them have been RIDICULOUS and simply a waste of the court's time as well as my own. The only time I was pulled over for actually doing anything wrong, I was let go - which makes no sense either, but was nice I guess.

One time I was driving to visit a friend on a Saturday morning, and I was early, so I was just putting along listening to music when I noticed an officer had pulled in behind me and lit me up. He gave me voice commands and directed me a mile off 101 to park in a petrol station sideways and completely block all station traffic for the duration with his cruiser. He came to my window AMPED about how I was following too closely, speeding (again in very thick traffic) and that he had been following me for several miles and I had been weaving through cars. He may have been following me, but I had not changed lanes for miles and was not doing anything dangerous beyond driving in a relaxed manner. Instead of arguing with him, I asked him to check me out and see if I was a habitual speeder or someone who was a good driver but had slipped up. He let me off with a "warning" after calming down considerably. I have no idea why this stop even happened.

I was once "got on radar" whilst traveling on HWY 152 in a row of several slow moving tractor-trailor trucks in the twisty 2 lane section. The officer said I was not allowed to see the radar and could not tell me how he was able to get a fix on my vehicle when I couldn't even be seen amongst the tractor-trailers. He threw the ticket in the window saying "tell it to the judge" which, ironically, I have been told before (when pulled over in front of my house for doing 45 in a 25 in my brand new WRX when I had been looking down at my dash to see what my RPM in 3rd was @ 30mph.). LOLLERS. It sounds like I was argumentative, but I was not, and this was in response to him asking me if I knew how fast I was going, to which I answered, "yes sir I was doing an indicated 30mph." He told me I was actually doing 45mph, here was my ticket, and anything else should be told to the judge, and tossed the ticket in my window. I just sat there for a minute before pulling forward ~25 feet and parking at my house.

Some officers have given me enough data during the traffic stop to win the case in a court appearance - usually only older officers though.

I do currently have one ticket on my record, and that is from last Christmas where I got an 85 in a 65 going down HWY5 with my cruise set to 72 just as I had passed the HUGE sign that said YOUR SPEED 68." This officer was very nice and polite, and seemed to appreciate my actions. He did tell me in his own words that he was not sure I was the car spotted by aircraft, and they did not confirm it. He asked me 3 times what kind of car my Volkswagen was. I was pulled over with 6 other cars on the side of the road, some of which I recognized traveling with me on the highway for a while and I am sure they were not going 85 either. But hey, whatever right!

I am first to admit - maybe even more than necessary - when I do something wrong, but I really do not like to get punished for something I didn't do. Maybe that's just me.

Also, I did not think the tone of this thread was stating that officers were actual rapists in the dictionary term, but rather jokingly referred to as "wallet rapists" even though this is totally obvious.
In honor of that opus-esque post, & the fact that in the end you show that you indeed get it, I changed the thread title to include the "wallet" part. (Or attempted to...whats up with that Mods/Admins?)

Oh and for what its worth; I was talking cop stories with a co-worker over lunch today. Told her exactly what I posted here, and she did indeed make a sound as if she was being raped. Really it was like watching a "2 girls/1 cup reaction" video. So the original title wasn't apropos of nothing, was related to Bay Area current events, and was meant as a humorous community service.

THIS WAS NOT A F-THE-POLICE THREAD. Gosh.

/Napoleon Dynamite