ear cropping

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX EJ207
ear cropping

does anybody knows where can i get my puppy ear cropped for a decent price around fairfield, vallejo, napa, and concord..
Old 10-03-2009, 09:26 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Too many animal lovers around here to ask that question. I'm sure a lot of us are not fans of cropping ears......
Old 10-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Why would you crop their ears?
Is it for medical reasons or just for looks? I never understood why people do that.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:02 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
what kind of dog? how old. If its to be done correctly and humanely, I think it is usually dont at a very young age. Just leave the ears alone.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:33 AM

Car Info: VF48'd WRB Bugeye
It is done just for looks. Dobermans typically have their ears cropped.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Stupid to do in the first place. If you ARE going to do it, shopping via price is just downright mean. Cheaper price = poor quality = pain for puppy, and thats just mean.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:40 PM

Car Info: VF48'd WRB Bugeye
^ I completely agree. If you are going to do it, saving a few bucks isn't worth it.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:35 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
I only know of a vet in Oakland that does ear cropping and I believe they only or mainly do pitbulls. They did a great job on Kenya (my pitbull) and the only thing that bothered her was having them wrapped but she got over that pretty soon. Want to say we paid in the upper $200 range and got the show cut (rounded ears instead of straight like Dobermans usually get and some pitbulls). But you do want to get it done at a young age. Kenya had to get all her shots before they would take her, just a fyi. Also they're fee isn't a flate rate. They charge by the dogs weight. Heavier the dog, the more expensive the crop will be. Also, getting an older dogs ears cropped (don't remember the exact cut off date) is still possible but they have a greater chance of the ears not standing up.

Like some of the people said, done correctly ear cropping is safe and humane. Bringing out the scissors and doing it yourself (or someone else) with some rubbing alcohol, now that is messed up. The general population that crops ears is having them cropped for looks. Originally it was done to fighting dogs so the other dogs couldn't latch onto their ears and bring them down.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
I only know of a vet in Oakland that does ear cropping and I believe they only or mainly do pitbulls. They did a great job on Kenya (my pitbull) and the only thing that bothered her was having them wrapped but she got over that pretty soon. Want to say we paid in the upper $200 range and got the show cut (rounded ears instead of straight like Dobermans usually get and some pitbulls). But you do want to get it done at a young age. Kenya had to get all her shots before they would take her, just a fyi. Also they're fee isn't a flate rate. They charge by the dogs weight. Heavier the dog, the more expensive the crop will be. Also, getting an older dogs ears cropped (don't remember the exact cut off date) is still possible but they have a greater chance of the ears not standing up.

Like some of the people said, done correctly ear cropping is safe and humane. Bringing out the scissors and doing it yourself (or someone else) with some rubbing alcohol, now that is messed up. The general population that crops ears is having them cropped for looks. Originally it was done to fighting dogs so the other dogs couldn't latch onto their ears and bring them down.
yea thats all sad
Old 10-03-2009, 02:50 PM

Car Info: .
Lame. Dogs are so much cuter with ears.

Unless you're competing the dog, you'll just look like a tool.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:45 PM

Car Info: 02wrx
Yeah bro make sure you get it done right. Don't go to some guys garage and have him do it cuz it's cheap. My buddy has his pitbulls ears cropped cuz he takes them to dog shows and stuff. He went to a vet and it turned out good.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:12 AM

thanks for the info's, hes a pitbull, about 10 wks old and not done yet with the puppy pack vaccination.. actually its my brother pit, but yeah just for look.. theres one vet in fairfield for 250,
Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by jerole17
thanks for the info's, hes a pitbull, about 10 wks old and not done yet with the puppy pack vaccination.. actually its my brother pit, but yeah just for look.. theres one vet in fairfield for 250,
advice; get passed the looks. its a pet, not a piece of furniture.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:17 AM

you right but its my bro not mine, dont worry he aint got the bread for now lol
Old 10-04-2009, 12:42 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
its a great idea to cause your dog pain, risk infection, and make an unnatural alteration for the sake of looks. I totally agree.

Oh, and just so ya know, dogs that have ears that lay down aren't as susceptible to ear infections. But I guess ear infections are cool. Cut away!

Quick Reply: ear cropping