E85 Fun with the VF39 in the Bay Area!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 11:30 PM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
from what I understand it should be around or under $4gal for e98, and you could mix it down if you wanted. Its a lot easier then mixing out gas and guessing the oct since all youll really need is a bottle with lines on it. But yeah I agree, it would be nice to just have e85 at the pump here.. As is now I am still filling up my drums about once a month or so and pumping out of my garage. Cant stand running 91, and not just cause the power loss, but drivability as well. On the freeway I only get about 1-2mpg less so it doesnt cost anymore either.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:57 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Yeah, I will switch to E85 from the same station you use, once I get money for the hardware next year. (Although I haven't figured out how I'll transport the amount of E85 that I want, other than possibly borrowing my buddies nissan truck, or his 4Runner). I'll probably end up with Bosh 1000cc's, Bosch in-tank pump, and Aeromotive top feed rails with a FPR. Hopefully enough to handle the demand from my GT30 setup. I'll be interested to find out what my fuel mileage will end up being versus the current PE 850's with 104oct. Obviously it'll still be tune A vs. tune B, but it will still hold some value to compare the mpg.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:24 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
You should have no problems as long as you up the fuel pressure on those bosch 1000's. FYI I run a rotated gt3076 with a walbro, rc 1200's at stock fp so they flow more like 1100cc, and stock 07 sti fuel rails. No problems and Mike did a great job as always on the tune. Nice bump in power over 100octane and a big bump over 91 lol
Old 11-17-2009, 09:02 AM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
Originally Posted by vodka
Yeah, I will switch to E85 from the same station you use, once I get money for the hardware next year. (Although I haven't figured out how I'll transport the amount of E85 that I want, other than possibly borrowing my buddies nissan truck, or his 4Runner). I'll probably end up with Bosh 1000cc's, Bosch in-tank pump, and Aeromotive top feed rails with a FPR. Hopefully enough to handle the demand from my GT30 setup. I'll be interested to find out what my fuel mileage will end up being versus the current PE 850's with 104oct. Obviously it'll still be tune A vs. tune B, but it will still hold some value to compare the mpg.
My gas mileage is fine as long as Im not on it.. When I do beat on the car I notice a huge difference, but for daily driving I only get about 20miles to the tank less.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Sean is reporting gas mileage around 20-22mpg on the highway and about 10-15mpg in stop and go. The highway mileage surprised me because that's about all I get on gasoline on my car.

-- Ed
Old 11-19-2009, 06:55 PM

Car Info: Big Thanks Jeremy@CrucialRacing and Ed@EQ-Tuning
thanks Ed for posting this for me,

Big thanks to the Eq-Tuning crew, Brandon, Alex, Chris D, Sonya, Chris M, and Ed

the car is so damn meannn... and cruizing around town is so effortless, and so so so smooth, i love driving my car even more now

thanks again ED

Originally Posted by A.V.E.
w3rd up

keep up the good work Sean and Ed
thanks man, its major props to ED

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
418 ft/tq. Insanity.
oh yes its very insane

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
It actually hit 422ft-lbs on a couple pulls, but I think the stock BPV is starting to leak at these boost levels making the torque peak a bit inconsistent. We're going to try a new BOV and some headers later on to see what else the VF39 can do

Thanks
-- Ed
i say 360whp? 440wtq?

Originally Posted by Concillian
Need more E85 stations.

Is there a list? Still just one in Concord and one in Hayward for the entire Bay Area?
I'd seriously daily drive on that stuff if it was available since we don't get real premium. Sure it's a bit more expensive, but not that much. But there would need to be a station in a 5 mile radius of either home or work.
if you go to EvoEmpire.org theres a list,

get on E85 is so worth it, i love the smell also

Originally Posted by crfsti
Yeah, that's badass power for stock turbo! I'm going the same route once I get those DW 900cc side feeds.
hell yea man, tell Adam and hurry up with the Injectors so you can be corn fed sooner,

thanks

Originally Posted by aboothman
Nice results for sure!! I cannot wait for CA to get on the corn fuel bandwagon.

I would not call an external gate or fuel rails basic mods though. This car is 90% prepped for a larger turbo!!
thanks man,

the external gate is just simple bolt on, i mainly want it cuz i love the sound, you can call my set up a "poor mans big turbo set up"

as for the fuel rail its just i wanted to added for better peice of mind, it gives even delivery on all 4 cylinder, its also very fancy looking, and i got a really good price on it, but its not nessarry mod

Originally Posted by rallied out wrx
Damn nice to see you got it finished sean
thanks jason, yup it took a while cuz i took my time and enjoyed every momment working on the car, friends help too

btw still need the washer? i lost your number

Originally Posted by subie OCD
Are the fuel rails needed for E85?
nope, but they are sexy and keeps the fuel delivery even on all 4 cylinder

Originally Posted by Concillian
Aftermarket fuel rails are only truly needed when your flow exceeds the diameter of the rails I don't really know what size this is, but I don't imagine 1000cc injectors would be quite big enough. People run 850s on the stock rails.

However, the stock rails are a series system, so there will be some variation in the amounts of fuel to the various cylinders. You either have to tune per cylinder (which is only possible on the 32 bit ECUs and really nobody does that because it's a total nightmare) or you have to tune for whatever the worst cylinder is.

Parallel rails will help reduce the fueling differences between cylinders and so will net you a small amount of extra horsepower due to them all being more even.
+1

Originally Posted by iLoqin
That is some insane power... there has to be a package you can give to mod any car into E85 with a tune. Obviously including larger fuel rails, injectors, etc. Safe reliable E85 just seems so economically sound. LoL
thanks man,

ED are you reading this? you should start selling a e85 coversion kit haha

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
and I need to upgrade to a vf-39 from my gt3076!!
lets trade?

hahahah nah,

i love my vf39 so much,

Originally Posted by wimprezax06
damn over 400wtq. must feel great. thumb up

it feels insane and thanks man

Originally Posted by brucelee
I'm def going the E85 route when there are more fuel stations on the band wagon in the bay area... Nearest one near my house is days away

GREAT numbers! For that amount of mods, thats incredible!
theres lots of planning to getting e85 on more gas station,

thanks bro

Originally Posted by eugenile
another step closer to the EVO guys! love the torque. and not that much mods too
they have us in whp, but not in wtq haha

Originally Posted by silverbullet415
when is he gona take it to the track
when im ready, i been out of the game for a while, im slowly polishing up my skills, its gonna be very soon tho

Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Well you can sell your stock turbo for around 100 and get a used 18g for pretty cheap and make some power? For about the same price as a Meth kit+the money you will spend on meth/alky
18g is gay so is 20g

vf39 is better hahaha
Old 11-19-2009, 10:18 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by downsti
18g is gay so is 20g

vf39 is better hahaha
Haha you say that now Sean but I bet if you had a 20g tuned for e85 you'd love it
Old 11-25-2009, 05:08 PM

hahaha if someone gives me one for free,
Old 11-26-2009, 02:43 AM

is a 2004 wrx capable of converting to e85 fuel???
Old 11-29-2009, 01:37 PM

^^ of course bro,

contact ED @ EQ-Tuning for more details how to make your 2004 capable of running E85 fuel,

post your current mod list here, ED can chime in, so it can help people how to get on E85 also
Old 11-29-2009, 04:03 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
so we cant call you 11.7 anymore?
Old 11-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I read this thread last night before falling asleep and dreamed that I had to drive to Nevada on a single tank of E85 since there were no other stations anywhere near by, in the said dream I got stuck in the mountains thanks to the lack of gas and woke up after hearing the dual of banjos!

True story
Old 11-29-2009, 05:44 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by brucelee
I read this thread last night before falling asleep and dreamed that I had to drive to Nevada on a single tank of E85 since there were no other stations anywhere near by, in the said dream I got stuck in the mountains thanks to the lack of gas and woke up after hearing the dual of banjos!

True story
That's what your AccessPort is for .
Switch over to a 91 map and fill up wherever.

-- Ed
Old 11-29-2009, 06:11 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by mot
so we cant call you 11.7 anymore?
Yeah - I want to see the bay area regain the vf39 STi 1/4 mile record.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
That's what your AccessPort is for .
Switch over to a 91 map and fill up wherever.

-- Ed
What kind of power does this car make with those 850 injectors on 91?

Quick Reply: E85 Fun with the VF39 in the Bay Area!