Downtown SF supercar dealer has the Elise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 12:22 AM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
The ones Sun International were importing were powered by a B18C5 prep by Spoon.

The "standard" motor our buddies in Europe get is the Rover K motor and it makes about 160bhp I believe, but the car is a little lighter at 1700 or 1800 pounds.

Wow, I didn't know the car gained an extra 200 pounds coming over here!

I rather see a Honda motor in there myself, but I am just happy to see the car here finally. T
Old 12-16-2003, 02:29 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
The Elise is getting a mechanically stock 2ZZFE motor from the GT-S. It has an all new Lotus-derived engine management, hence the power bump. Vishnu is getting a test mule from a Lotus dealer shortly, as well as being customer #1 on the delivery list. This means that you can expect a low pressure turbo kit for the Lotus by the middle of summer. Before you question the wisdom of turbocharging a motor with cast internals and 11.5:1 compression, refer back to SCC's Project Matrix, which Shiv turbocharged to the tune of 250 wheel horsepower.

Does that make you happy Dre and Tim?

:banana:

/me wishes he had $45k lying around doing nothing....
Old 12-16-2003, 02:32 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
By the way, Lotus chose the Celica drivetrain for several reasons. One, it makes more power than any B series motor off the shelf. Two, it comes with a 6 speed. Yes, I know that the RSX motor is stronger and has a 6 speed, but it costs several thousand dollars more for 10 hp no improvements to the gearbox. I can't think of a better motor for them to be using in this car.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
Putting a V8 in the Elise would kill the power to weight ratio, but then again, NONE OF US has driven it or even known someone who drove it so let's hold off on judgements.

More about the car: the front dash components are a grey suede (the car is gray color), the shifter looks like a momo airleather shift **** but it's 1/3 smaller than the momo and sits on a really long piece of metal which I thought would make shifting difficult but hehe no it shifts into gear fine. There is a stereo which looks very aftermarket and a heater/air conditioner. Most of the car is pretty bare, with lots of metal and kickplates everywhere. I think the dash read 160mph but I may be wrong. The brakes are surprisingly tiny, maybe 2 piston front brakes and 1 piston rear. Seriously, the brakes are SMALL! but I'm sure they stop the car just fine. Big brake upgrades will probably be common for Elise buyers. There is no glove box, just a couple slots for various odds and ends. I am 6'1" and my head would probably brush the top of the car if the T-Top was in place, but it feels fine with the top off though vision may be obscured by the top of the front windshield.

Overall....I'm very impressed. And I want one. :banana: