Don't ever go to Prolific Screen Printing in Hayward (they made the BAM shirts)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Thumbs down Don't ever go to Prolific Screen Printing in Hayward (they made the BAM shirts)

I went to them because they make nice shirts and hoodies and were decently priced, that is until they tricked me into thinking they were cheaper then the competition... Boy did I get taken...

I sold the hoodies for $35, I thought my cost was around $32 but in actuality (got a bill) each hoodie ended up costing me from $45-55 dollars EACH!!!

Recently I had 4 hoodies made for a few people that didn't get their originals due to theft and they friggin charged me $215 for 4 hoodies! How screwed up is that?

They claim that they didn't charge me a "set up" and "labor" cost for the last two orders and are billing me for it... I never signed a contract for this but sent them an email telling them to print the shirts and hoodies... Of course I thought my cost was way different, but it's partially my fault for not reading the fine print.

Supposedly the dude who works there told me about the fees but I never heard it come out of his mouth, if I did I wouldn't have gone there obviously! It doesn't help that he has a VERY THICK accent (He's from China I'm pretty sure).

They did some good work but that doesn't justify the cost that they are charging me. I can't do anything else but warn you guys about these bastards.

They are a few doors down from GST motorsports... If you're heading to GST you've probably passed them... They have huge shirt logos stuck into the lawn in front of their store.

Stay away from these bastards... It would have been cheaper if I had gone to the friggin mall and had these printed (we all know how expensive the mall is!).

Arrrg. I'm going to put up as many bad reviews as I possibly can... Damn, I'm pissed off as hell.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:23 PM

BTW, the fine print is vague and hard to understand, and it's on a separate document that he conveniently didn't send me in the initial email...
Old 12-09-2009, 01:25 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Don't pay.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
If you did not sign a contract you have no obligation to pay for that. Not to mention that generally speaking the set up fee is only for the original set up of the graphic and you shouldn't have to pay it on follow up orders. As for labor charges... that should be rolled in to the cost of the job and for $50 a hoodie it is.

$215 for 4 hoodies is ABSOLUTELY stupid.

With bulk screen print orders you shouldn't be paying any more than $25-35 a piece.

Hell you can order a FULL CUSTOM HAND STITCHED hoodie from neighborhoodies for not much more than you're getting charged for a two color screen job (easy).

Hell by next year I should have a screen print set up and I'll do the isht myself.

Oh.... and your price should have been agreed upon... so $32 should either be the cost or it shouldn't. That parts bad on you. Gotta lock that down dude. Don't pay a cent more than you agree upon.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by brucelee
BTW, the fine print is vague and hard to understand, and it's on a separate document that he conveniently didn't send me in the initial email...
If you got it AFTER you agreed upon the deal then it has no holding on you. Check the dates. Sounds like this dudes business is bad and he's trying to squeeze whatever he can out of people because people think they half to pay.

Screw this guy.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:52 PM

The only problem is that they are holding those last 4 hoodies until I pay the $215 for that order (and they want me to pay for my last order too, f' that)... I made a promise to some people that I'd deliver their hoodies and I'm a man of my word, so I guess I'll just eat the cost this time and not ever go there again.

They offered to give me a friggin 5% discount on my next order to make me happy... I sent them a nasty email and made my dissatisfaction very clear and also told them that I'd never give them my business again (sucks for them because I had quite a few events in mind and I was going to use them for every one of the said events which would be like 3-4 BAM sized orders... They lost out and could have made it better but they chose not to. They started being really rude too which is a bunch of BS because Ive always paid on time and have always been super nice to them... It's time they got a taste of "brucelee" and not Daniel.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:00 PM
General Pimpin'

I'd talk to those 4 or 5 people. I'm sure they will either understand or be willing to pony up the extra dough.

Personally I'd tell them to **** off and take your business elsewhere.

I'm sure you can rustle up enough people to do a large enough order somewhere else that would be worth it. Maybe talk to them and tell them this is a test run for next years event. They might wave set up fees. Business is tough right now and people are fighting for it.

The ones that aren't deserve the loss of business.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:08 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
i ordered a new one. and i would not mind giving you an extra 10 or whatever you need. you did the leg work, its worth it to me.

ps. when can i pick it up

pps. a friend of mine owns an embroidering machine in san carlos....just incase you need something else done... ie. collared shirts.

Last edited by cracker1252; 12-09-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by cracker1252
i ordered a new one. and i would not mind giving you an extra 10 or whatever you need. you did the leg work, its worth it to me.

ps. when can i pick it up
I was going to go to Cafe zen tonight but this changes things, I'm going to talk to my wife about what I should do... Worst case scenario is that I give everyone a refund, but I'd rather it not come to that.

I appreciate your support with this. This whole shirt thing came out to be the biggest pain in the *** ever! It's like an STD, a gift that keeps on giving... Just when I thought everything was done and well, something like this pops up. First theft, then they made a mistake, then they forgot to give me my whole order, and now this. This is just friggin GREAT! (sarcasm).

I'll let you guys know what his email says when he writes back (if he does).

I don't normally make a stink about pricing and I usually just eat the cost without making a scene, but this time I'm really mad about it and made a big deal about it. I gave them a couple chances to make it good, but they stood their ground and as a result they have lost a ton of business that I was going to throw their way.

Let this be a business lesson to everyone out there... It's worth it to sacrifice something small in order to gain something big. They could have given me the normal price and lost $100 or whatever and gained a lot of $$$ later when I gave them my return business... Instead they chose poorly and are now out future business, not just my business but the potential business of everyone that posts here, on all my other forums/websites, yelp/review sites, as well as anyone who goes to GST motorsports (A lot of their business is gained by people driving by their shop and seeing their logos/ads, so I'll make sure the GST guys know not to recommend them to anyone).

They screwed themselves on this one.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:39 PM

BTW, normally I'd just pay the money and be done with it, but money isn't something that is exactly abundant for us right now, and with it being December (increased spending on everything from heating to gifts as well as less work since Dec is ALWAYS the slowest month for us in terms of jobs) it really hits us hard... Damn, I really don't want to tell my wife, she's under enough stress as it is, this is just going to add to it. If we paid all of the fees that they are trying to charge us, that would be well over $500 out of my own pocket, and that's not exactly chump change and I'm sure a lot of you guys and gals understand that. There's a reason my STi doesn't get driven around like it should be... Gas is a *****, and one of the reasons my car is fairly stock is due to gas prices and the fact that I can't afford mods.

It's so bad that I'm actually selling some guns to get by. Anyone interested in buying an almost new Glock 27 with 3 magazines (with pinky extenders) and night sights for $425? The gun has less then 500 rounds through it and is almost new, You'd pay well over $600 for a new one with night sights, and thats without tax... Plus you get 2 extra magazines (premium factor mags with extenders). Chambered in .40 S&W, this is a micro-glock for those of you who don't know and is super easy to conceal. It's Glocks best sub compact, it shoots .40 which is better then 9mm and is easier on the hands then .45 and .357.

(yeah, it's that bad this year)
Old 12-09-2009, 04:12 PM

Car Info: 05 STi, 87 RX
Hey Daniel,
I never picked up my hoodie and shirt a few weeks ago but I'll help cover the costs. Sorry to hear about the headache.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by brucelee
BTW, normally I'd just pay the money and be done with it, but money isn't something that is exactly abundant for us right now, and with it being December (increased spending on everything from heating to gifts as well as less work since Dec is ALWAYS the slowest month for us in terms of jobs) it really hits us hard... Damn, I really don't want to tell my wife, she's under enough stress as it is, this is just going to add to it. If we paid all of the fees that they are trying to charge us, that would be well over $500 out of my own pocket, and that's not exactly chump change and I'm sure a lot of you guys and gals understand that. There's a reason my STi doesn't get driven around like it should be... Gas is a *****, and one of the reasons my car is fairly stock is due to gas prices and the fact that I can't afford mods.

It's so bad that I'm actually selling some guns to get by. Anyone interested in buying an almost new Glock 27 with 3 magazines (with pinky extenders) and night sights for $425? The gun has less then 500 rounds through it and is almost new, You'd pay well over $600 for a new one with night sights, and thats without tax... Plus you get 2 extra magazines (premium factor mags with extenders). Chambered in .40 S&W, this is a micro-glock for those of you who don't know and is super easy to conceal. It's Glocks best sub compact, it shoots .40 which is better then 9mm and is easier on the hands then .45 and .357.

(yeah, it's that bad this year)
I might have a buyer for you.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:11 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I might be interested in that glock!
Old 12-12-2009, 03:14 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Oh and another piece of advice... if it isn't written, it really doesn't exist in LAW (unless you confessed verbally to an officer). I say don't give them the money... but then again I'd really say that you feel abused about the costs, and it was not what was discussed. The next event you will go to another company and give them your money instead.

You've ran this event many times with many hoodies/shirts that go out. It's annual and almost guaranteed you'll be spending money somewhere. If they are shady, the seriously screw them. Tell them your couple grand goes elsewheres.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:14 PM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
Don't pay. File complaint.

http://goldengate.bbb.org/

Quick Reply: Don't ever go to Prolific Screen Printing in Hayward (they made the BAM shirts)