Dog just passed away =(

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 08:42 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX + 08 335i + 07 Tahoe Lt3
Unhappy Dog just passed away =(

Hi everyone I just wanted to post about my dog that just passed away so I can get some advice from you fellow I-club members. Just last week my dog BAM B AM got ranned over by a speeding car in my residential neighborhood. We where playing hide and go seek and he was not on a leash so I guess it is partly my fault. Later on that week I tried doing some test brake stops from 20 mph and any car would had more then enough braking power to stop to avoid anything in the street. right now its been really tough on me and my girlfriend because we loved him like a kid. Im not sure if many of you have pets but they truly make a huge imapct in your lives. Bam Bam passed away with me knowing he was always there after those tough days at work and school and when I go home hes there ready to make you forget everything because he was so eager to play and have fun. I miss him alot. This probably may sound ridiculous to some of you but I wouldve traded stoptechs, volks, headlights, tein flex, gauges, everything on my car to have him back. Honestly, he can never be replaced for another pet. I buried him a Pets Rest out in colma. It cost almost a $1000 with his tombsome, lawn burial, and a box to put him in. The guy who ranned him over appologize for what he did and he offered a small donation. I havent got it yet but It's probably going to be a small one. Bam Bam cost $1000 when we got him. he is a full breed cairn terrier with Champion Bloodlines from both his mother and fathers side. With vet bills, shots, vaccines, and pet supplies it would run almost another $1000. Now me and my girlfriend don't really know what to do. Our dog is irriplaceable, we feel so empty, and I am broke. Please if any of you have any advice feel free to share it. There is a pic attached at the bottom I wanted to share with you all. And by the way he loved riding in the suby no matter how loud it was. RIP BAM BAM

Last edited by bringndefinitio; 01-08-2004 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Sorry, man I'd really be hurt if one of the cats my gf and I have were hurt.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Sorry for the loss of your dog, man. You know, this is one of those times in life where you can choose to rise above the normal response to such a sitaution where we're all prone to demand our rights and make sure that everything is fair and all claims filled. But you know what? Its actually an opportunity for you to be generous. Without making claims or demands you can forgive him. You can still ask for his help, but expect nothing and forgive him on the basis of your own generosity and not his.

jason
Old 01-08-2004, 09:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Sorry for your loss...I've been there. Get another dog. It won't replace him...but it will make things easier.

Oh and when the guy mails you the donation, use the return address and send him a mail bomb.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:04 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
that sucks man. I have had a couple go the way of the buffalo.

You want a cat? My girlfriends cat had kittens a couple months back. The little boy is the ****. So mellow. I want him but my room mate is allergic to everything but his own body funk.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:08 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
as for advice. I don't know what I could tell you. You could tell him how much the dog cost and all that and hope he sends you a bit more. But I don't think you could make him pay for it or have any legal grounds.

At least he stopped. I had one of my dogs hit right in front of me and the dude took off. My house was about 70 yards off the road so it took me a second to get there. dog lived but had a busted hip that cost a crap load to get fixed and had a permalimp. Pure bred. I was 9.

I wouldn't try to replace him as dogs really can be like family members. Maybe try to find another animal to ease the pain. There are great ones all over the place that need loving owners.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:11 AM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
man, i'm sorry to hear that. as a dog owner, its always sad to hear that someone's beloved pet has passed away, or been killed.

when you're ready for a new dog, consider hitting up the humane society. there are so many wonderful, loving animals there that could really use a home like yours. breed rescues are another excellent place to look. my purebred German Shepherd, Bravo, came from the Sacremento Valley German Shepherd rescue after they bailed him out of the pound.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:13 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX - Blue
My condolences on your loss. To lose a family member in such a way is traumatic since it's unexpected.

If you're in contact with the other person, perhaps you can let them know the cost of the funeral and ask that they donate at least 25% of the cost. And as Jason suggested, you have the option to accept whatever donation they choose to make and forgive them.

My dog passed away 5 months back and I still miss her.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:18 AM

Car Info: '08 GT3/'08 Cayenne Turbo/'02 WRX Sedan/'95 E36 M3
i'm terribly terribly sorry about your loss... although nothing can replace bam bam, time will heal ur loss... be comforted knowing that he's in doggie heaven watching over u now
Old 01-08-2004, 10:35 AM

i'm really sorry to hear about what happened. I have both a dog and a cat and if anything ever happened to either of them I think I would be heartbroken.

That being said I was in a motorcycle accident a bit over a year ago where I hit a dog. The dog didn't make it through the accident and I made it through with some broken bones and a whole bunch of road rash. This is the part that you probably don't want to hear...it is California state law that your dog must be on a leash or in a fenced area. The CHP that responded to the accident asked if I was going to press charges against the owner. I felt bad enough about the dog that I didn't press charges. The accident was not my fault, but the CHP stated that even if I had not tried to avoid the accident the pet owner would be liable because they broke the law by not keeping the pet on a leash or a fenced area. Later down the line my insurance agent asked if I wanted to sue the owner for damages, which I declined also.

Again I'm very sorry for your loss
Old 01-08-2004, 11:52 AM

Car Info: GDA
i'm sorry to hear about your loss

i don't want to sound insensitive, but i do believe that the guy who killed your dog has more rights than you do in this case. if there was damage done to his car, i believe he can file suit against you to have it fixed.

db
Old 01-08-2004, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
I'm really sorry... Just remember, time heals all...
Old 01-08-2004, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan
I am deeply sorry for the loss of your friend. I have been in your shoes many times in life, but I have never considered NOT getting another pet. The important thing is that you made your dog happy and took good care of him while he was with you. That is what it's all about. This world needs "pet people" like yourself and the others that have replied here, you all have an integrity and compassion that can't be measured.

Time will pass and you'll feel better and someday you can find another dog to make happy.

regards
Jim R.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:58 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
DUDE!! Sorry to hear that about Bam Bam. I know he liked it when you brought him to my house cause he would play with my dogs through the fence. Anyway, again sorry to hear this...I hope you and your gilrfriend will be OK. I know you both loved him.

-freddie
Old 01-08-2004, 06:49 PM

Car Info: 19' Impreza Sport Manual / 99 Miata / 13' OB
I'm sorry to hear about your dog I know how you feel. We just had to put or dog to sleep this summer. She was getting along in years and was in a lot of pain along with lots of other problems. She was 13+, a sweet yellow lab. We got her from a breeder when we first got married so she was like our first child and part of the family. It was a tough decision to have her put down but her quality of live was just not there anymore.

The house just didn't feel right w/out a dog so after a few months we started looking around. We couldn't handle a pup again because we have two kids now so we decided to look for an older dog. We wanted another lab so we checked around on the internet to rescue one or find someone that could not keep their dog anymore. We lucked out and got a sweet 2 year old black lab from a breeder that did not want to show her anymore.

Cinders is a great dog and we love her very much. She fit right into our family no problems. She's not Bailey, our previous dog, and can never replace her. But we have to remember how lucky we were to have her around when we did and all the good things.

After a time I think you should look for another dog. It will take time but you'll feel better. A house just isn't a home w/o one IMHO.

Peaty

Quick Reply: Dog just passed away =(